my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Star Wars Discussion   » Episode 2 & 3   » Episode 3's Anakin?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Episode 3's Anakin?
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 12-08-2002 04:07 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well since the project will be done in 4/6 years, what do you think will change with Hayden's apprence, I mean not physically out of character, but within character. They did change the facails of Obi-Wan, and as well as some spectulation on the hand of Hayden, do you think the object will change more modern point like Luke's, or stay the same to show that he is changing greatly.

As well as the situation with Count Dooku, who shall kill him, or how will be departed. Will it be Palpatine, or Anakin. And if Anakin, how do you suppose of him doing it if he gets thrown in a pit by Obi-Wan who had no ability in the previous match with Count Dooku, and was injured so quickly.

How will Mace Windu be killed, and by whom? I have spectulated about the Bounty Hunter Boba Fett, but only a year older I believe not, and a confrontation with Anakin wouldn't do it. Even if he was to go to the dark side, it wouldn't excel his ability to that point, not even a sneak attack would get him. I think a death would come from Count Dooku, who rivals Yoda-and I kinda think Yoda will bring the end to Count Dooku's attack.

Im not completely sure...but I find that possible.

As well as that, how do you think that Anakin will be thrown to the darkness. Their has been hints thorought the previous movie, but their are no true reasons that have been broughten up. I mean their are many ways that he could, the death of his wife is a primary one, but I dont think that would automatically throw him onto Palpatine's side. I think Palpatine will reveal himself as the Dark Lord of the Sith, but tell the young Jedi that he will gain power this way, and this will edge him. Im not sure though..

Also in the 4-6 movies it has been stated that Anakin was a great Jedi yet in the previous movies he was stated to have been an Apprentice still. Will he become an offical Jedi Knight in the next movie, and how will this effect his perspective. I mean truly that has been his goal since a child, and if he does become one why is their a reason of him being tainted into becoming a Dark Jedi/Sith. Its weird to believe that he'll actually be thrown to the darkness when he has the Jedi strenght of a Knight.

So whatcha think about all this?

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 12-11-2002 11:37 AM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i think the "jedi" thing will be sorta like a disscharge promotion... Like an admiral gets is 3rd star, but is dead...like that...

--------------------

"Insert Snappy quote here"

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 163.150.15.187
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 12-11-2002 11:50 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Why the fascination with the "what ifs?"

Personally I find it much more satisfactory to just wait and see rather than try to second guess about such things. This way I don't build up an image in my head to thus run the risk of disappointing myself later.

What I am more interested in are the possible discrepencies between the first trilogy made and the second. For example, in ESB the spirit of Obi-Wan mentions more than once that he was trained by Yoda. When does this supposedly happen? Haven't seen it yet... unless it is being implied throughout AOTC simply by the fact that Obi now himself has an apprentice, which would indicate he in turn has a teacher watching over him. But did I miss anywhere in AOTC where this was specifically mentioned?

And hey, come to think of it, do we want to be taught by Yoda? What a track record: Dooku, Obi-Wan who passes teachings on down to Anakin... hmmm. I think the lil green dude is secretly the Head Honcho Sith and is trying to turn all the Force-powerful people to the dark side, hehehe....

[ 12-11-2002 11:56 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 12-11-2002 08:22 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well actually Yoda has probably had many apprentice. I guess they could imply they are, since he is the head of the Council and has trained probably all at some time. As we see in the ATOC the kids are being trained, and Im not saying their aren' other on the job, but I believe maybe this is when the training occured. Maybe that trainingw as just a hidden statement saying this was the form he was trained in.

Im not sure, because otherwise I see little if no way he was suggested of being observed and trained by Yoda.

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 12-11-2002 09:10 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
you know gray, i think you could be right...

Dooku, anakin, and then luke goes to the darkside for a smidgen of a second in the movies, and then later he goes for a while and gets training from the clone of palpatine...

I bet you palpy himself was trained by yoda, and that is why yoda, the strongest of them all, does not sense the darkside within palp, cause he trained him to be evil, and he knows...

--------------------

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.51.154
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 12-11-2002 11:03 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Are you serious, um...no. Your making the story to complicated, and though it is of science orientation, the plot description in itself is not to be deciphered. It at times can be somewhat complicated, with twist and turns but no good story is a full-fledge story without 'em, but attempting to twirl through and decode a thought like this, its just not right.

No, Yoda is not a Dark Lord, their is no way they would build him in this fashion and just break him by single statements of inability. Palpatine wasn't trained in the arts of the Jedi, he was trained in the arts of the Sith by a master previous of him. I hope your not serious, because I kind of find it foolish Entaris. I dont think Graysith wasn't trying to be serious about that statement fully, as I can tell that the laughter after it was a sign.

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 12-11-2002 11:25 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Come on dude, dont be so serious, your really no fun... And actauly, if you think about it, it would make sense for yoda to be evil, gray actauly explained her theory to me, and it whether its meant to be a joke or not, is sound. It makes sense...

--------------------

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.72.237
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 12-11-2002 11:42 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yah it makes sense, but I find it unlikely of happening for the fact that Yoda has been shown in the fight with Count Dooku of trying his hardest with that huff, so he was attempting of stopping him their. IF you didn't notice, he was breathing hard-huffing out when he spoke in the middle of their lightsabre duel.

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 12-12-2002 07:19 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
and if YOU didnt notice, he fakes a limp! if he can fake that, you dont think he could fake a huff?

And besides, we all know yoda is a liar... Look at that scene, when he is tryign to stop the pillar from crushing obi-wan, and anakin, note how he is STRUGGLING under the weight of the pillar... Now, go ahead to when he's teaching luke. "Size does not matter" he say's that about the X-wing! so, if size does not matter, how come he almost doesnt save them? he's a liar, and a fake...

--------------------

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.3
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 12-12-2002 08:30 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Okay, maybe the idea of fast-forwarding hasn't reached your thoughts. He clearly has learned more of the force from a war-everyone learns through war, and he probably learned much more. He is a Jedi, they search ot learn more of the force, and through time the size wouldn't matter with practice with using the force, specially on a uncharted planet such as the one Yoda was upon. I mean no one other then him that had ever been off hte planet was their for those longs years, so it was clear he was still studying the force. The status of Master doesn't change the fact that you still have more to learn of the force, just less then one of Padawan Level.

Size probably didn't matter at that time, but as of the time when he was huffing, their is no need for him to fake that. Why would he have to, their is no reason. If you are going to come with the statement of faking his stamina for a fighting advatange, that would be contridicting his statement previously. He stated that Count Dooku had still much to learn of the force, which lead the fan to believe that he was beyond Count Dooku in strenght, lightsabre wise as well. Jumping into the battle, you notice that as the fight progresses their is certain movements that show he is beyond Count Dooku. The simple pattern of movement shows he has much more agility.

After the fight, you see him faking a limp, well that probably was to hold back his strenght. He is holding it for certain situations, and he probably is physically weak, and force-wise he is powerful. Which when it comes down to it is really what Luke is. Force-wise he is blessed, but that doesn't automatically give him the ability to use his strenght of phsyical ability over others. I see that as what Yoda is, he's an old man, of course he's gonna limp-but when casting the force into his being, he has the ability to motion around quickly. He is blessed in the force that well, if Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon can motion around with speed, than agility should be an aspect

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 12-15-2002 09:45 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It doesnt change the fact, that he say's size doesnt matter, and he was huffing and puffing, and no, i dont agree with your explanation that it was because later on he trained more, because then why would he tell luke that size doesnt matter? because obviously he knows it does.

as for dooku, no, yoda wasnt actauly superior to him. Yoda holds a slight advantage over dooku, he's 3 feet tall, that means, he presents a smaller target, he can hold his blade perfectly vertical, and his whole body is protected from a horizontal strike, then you twist it slightly, and a diagonal strike is also nullified.

And as for "much you still have to learn" that can be explained in a number of way's, and about 99% of them have nothign to do with actaul skill, for example,

A true master of the force would know, that defense and offense are null, for every offense there is a defense, for all good there is evil, the more angelic one half becomes, the more dark the other half seems. The sun emmits light, but causes shadow.
(Sheesh, im starting to sound like gray, heh, but then again, this concept has been around for a long time...)

Anyway, it could aslo be taken as "HAHA YOU STUPID MORON! I AM REALLY POWERFUL! AND YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT!"

--------------------

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.213

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05