my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Star Wars Discussion   » Episode 2 & 3   » Questions concerning Episode 2...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Questions concerning Episode 2...
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 10-10-2002 12:57 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If you would like the answers to these questions, please say which, in your reply... the answers come from Star Wars Insider...

How is it that Padme so easily recovers from falling from the Republic gunship?

Why did Jango hire Zam to kill Padme, and why didn't he do it himself?

Why didn't Jango just kill Obi-Wan and Anakin when he had the chance, rather than kill Zam?

When Padme retransmits the signal from Obi-Wan to Coruscant, she presses a particular button. Later, when she shows Anakin where Geonosis is located, she presses the exact same button and it does something different. What gives?

*my personal fav*Why doesn't Jango's head fall out of the helmet when Boba picks it up?---*hopes someone bites on this one*

--------------------

In the absence of light, darkness prevails

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.161.104
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 10-10-2002 01:41 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OK, here we go:

1. Padme recovers so easily because she's Natalie Portman. Nuff said.... (heaven forbid she get so much as a hair on her head mussed, sheesh.)

2. Because if he were to kill Padme, he WOULD kill Padme, and Padme is Natalie Portman. (see question one)

3. Because there would go the story down the drain.

4. This one is a good one. Because she's Natalie Portman...? Hehehe....

5. This falls into the same category of disappearing quarks. Or reappearing ones; it's a probability thing, I swear. But similar to how everyone takes a blaster bolt and falls dead without so much as a scorch mark on them, let alone a gaping hole....

Grins through whiskers and disappears ala Cheshire Cat....

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199
Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 10-10-2002 01:54 AM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh dear...

LOL.

--------------------

Small minds think in small terms!
~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 65.80.105.86
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 10-11-2002 01:27 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok... the answers dealing with Natalie Portman, I'll allow...

But, the other two, gonna have to come up with something better than that...

I'd be happy to help you out, just ask...

--------------------

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.161.104
Dooku

Broken Back Button

Member # 345

posted 10-11-2002 04:51 PM     Profile for Dooku   Author's Homepage   Email Dooku     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Id like to know the answer to all of them! Like you say that one about Jango's head not falling out of the helmet is the real stand out one there - prey tell!

--------------------

Surely you can do better!

Posts: 7 | From: Berkshire, UK | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 213.122.95.246
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 10-11-2002 10:40 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok... here are the answers, straight from Star Wars Insider...

1. The sand dunes on Geonosis cushioned her fall, but also the planet has a slightly lighter than standard gravity. This also accounts for some of Geonosis' towering topography and the ease of Geonosian flight.(that is what the 'official' magazine stated... but, I would have to say the way she got up so perky like... because she is Natalie Portman...)

2. Jango has a personal distaste for assassination. More importantly, he sought to distance himself from the Separatists who wanted Padme dead. Jango was careful not to be directly connected with Count Dooku or Nute Gunray, who made his joining of the Separatists contingent on Padme's death.('Shoot her, or something...')---added that myself...

3. Jango's payment for the Senatorial hit covered subcontracting out to Zam, not eliminating two Jedi. It also didn't cover the risks involved in tangling with two Jedi if it wasn't absolutely necessary. Since he was the one who hired Zam, and she failed, it was his responsibility to clean up the mess.(is it just me, or did Jango look like the rocketeer, when he blasted off after killing Zam...)

4. What you don't see is that Padme is holding down a "shift" button with her left hand. She must have her personal starship's controls tricked out with all sorts of hot keys and shortcuts.(I think they couldn't find anyone stupid enough to ask Natalie to re shoot the scene...)

5. Next time you watch the movie, look very carefully as Jango's helmet hits the dusty arena floor. Only, don't watch the helmet--watch the helmet's shadow. In shadow form, you can see that Jango's head falls out of the helmet before it hits the ground.(I guess Boba holding his father's severed head is a tad too gruesome to watch...)

And I'm spent, that was A LOT of typing, hope you enjoy... cuz you better...

--------------------

catwmnjedi

Member # 343

posted 10-11-2002 11:04 PM     Profile for catwmnjedi   Author's Homepage   Email catwmnjedi     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow, and I thought that button Padme pushed was just her Obi-Wan tracker button... every woman should have one...

--------------------

Call me Cat...
"She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid." -- Solo in ANH
(writing for Finn Caglion and Jazelle Corona)

Posts: 20 | From: Peoria, IL | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 63.155.104.129
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 10-12-2002 01:39 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LOL... oh, cat...

by the way, do they come in padme??

--------------------

Xanatos

Broken Back Button

Member # 365

posted 10-12-2002 03:24 PM     Profile for Xanatos   Author's Homepage   Email Xanatos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Because His Head already Fell Out of The Helmet. Text

--------------------

Xanatos

Posts: 8 | From: U.S. | Registered: Oct 2002  |  Logged: 206.29.123.23
catwmnjedi

Member # 343

posted 10-12-2002 11:02 PM     Profile for catwmnjedi   Author's Homepage   Email catwmnjedi     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Padme button? OK, but then we need a Han button too. Obi-Wan, Han, Obi-Wan, Han... which to choose? Depends on the mood.

Don't mind me... just looking for dumb excuses to post. I'm thinking I made a mistake not choosing the Praxeum to post in with my chars... is that like the only place with any action right now?

--------------------

Call me Cat...
"She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid." -- Solo in ANH
(writing for Finn Caglion and Jazelle Corona)

Posts: 20 | From: Peoria, IL | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 63.155.104.195

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05