my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Star Wars Discussion   » Episode 2 & 3   » palpatine is sideous - heres why

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: palpatine is sideous - heres why
al-jedimaster-horbs

unregistered

posted 09-28-2002 06:31 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Text

if you watch the film once, palpatine comes across as a nice guy, watch the film under the illusion that he may be evil, and you can see things shot in a different light.
and a good clue is at the end of ep1, when qui gon gin is being burnt, yoda is saying "there is always 2, a master and an apprentice, but which one was the master", after which, it focuses on palpatine, it makes it obvious, has anyone else spotted this??

Logged: 195.92.194.16
Brodie-Wan

Member # 294

posted 09-28-2002 07:54 PM     Profile for Brodie-Wan   Author's Homepage   Email Brodie-Wan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have only one thing to say about that

"DUH"

--------------------

And thats all i have to say about that.

Posts: 42 | From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2002  |  Logged: 209.202.90.233
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 09-28-2002 10:09 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
umm...ya.. *agree's with brodie* or you could just remember that in the original triligy he's refered to as "emperor palpatine"

--------------------

"Insert Snappy quote here"

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.31
Xanatos

Broken Back Button

Member # 365

posted 10-12-2002 11:59 AM     Profile for Xanatos   Author's Homepage   Email Xanatos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I Know Your right because in Episode II Palpatine Tells Anakin He's The Best Jedi Ever Just to Get Him To Like Him More.

--------------------

Xanatos

Posts: 8 | From: U.S. | Registered: Oct 2002  |  Logged: 206.29.123.5
yodadasolja

Broken Back Button

Member # 418

posted 01-19-2003 07:58 PM     Profile for yodadasolja   Author's Homepage   Email yodadasolja     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I agree with entaris, the answer is almost always in the originals. just keep looking for small details

--------------------

It is not often that great insight and the best lightsaber techniques are found in one bodily manefestation.

Posts: 5 | From: st louis | Registered: Jan 2003  |  Logged: 66.136.177.161
arogers1102

Super Saiyan Jedi

Member # 422

posted 02-07-2003 12:39 AM     Profile for arogers1102   Author's Homepage   Email arogers1102     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Does anyone believe that PALPY might have a GOOD TWIN in the SENATE??? I know that TWINS and the FORCE seem to go hand in hand according to the books and movies... but anyone can see that SENATOR PALPATINE is DARTH SIDIOUS!!! He doesn't have a twin... he is the same person!!! watch the movies a few more times and tell me what you think!

--------------------

o{///////0//)={#################################
Which STAR WARS character does GOKU remind you of in my avatar picture???
Anybody picture LUKE in the BACTA tank???

Posts: 105 | From: New Brunswick (eastern CANADA) | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 24.231.28.200
star_warrior20

Member # 513

posted 11-11-2003 12:38 PM     Profile for star_warrior20   Author's Homepage   Email star_warrior20     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I never really noticed, I knew it focused on Palpatine but....

--------------------

Sanity does not exist in this world, just like the Force is with young Skywalker, but he is not a Jedi yet.

Posts: 17 | From: Jedi Temple, under the tutelage of Master Qui-Gon Jin | Registered: Nov 2003  |  Logged: 65.56.47.137

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05