my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Star Wars Discussion   » Episode 2 & 3   » The Story of Darth Vader

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: The Story of Darth Vader
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 06-12-2002 11:52 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hehehe...

The movie trilogies ought to have been called: "The Vader Stories."

1st trilogy: "The Origin of Vader."

2nd trilogy: "The Redemption of Vader."

3rd trilogy (which won't get made into movies, durnit): "The Legacy of Vader."

And speaking of Vader... did anyone catch the scene in EP2 when Anakin was saying goodbye to Padme outside Lars' house before going off to find Shmi? The shadow cast against the stone of the house was a perfect silhouette of Darth Vader.

Another lil subtle link: the way he did manipulate Watto into disclosing who he had sold is mom to, and where she had been sent. No way that Toydarian would have just said, "Absolutely!" in agreement so quickly with him if his mind hadn't been "tweaked..." and it was mentioned in EP1 that "Jedi mind tricks don't work on Toydarians."

Hehe... not unless you're the future Darth Vader, they don't.

It's all the little nuances that made this movie so outstanding, I thought. What does anyone else think about this?

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.106.29
Dalen Garuud

Squad Premier

Member # 238

posted 06-12-2002 05:20 PM     Profile for Dalen Garuud   Author's Homepage   Email Dalen Garuud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yeah i caught the shadow thing but i think the reason that watto was mind tricked is because he looked real run down since anakin left so maybe his mental stability and his buisness went down together so he could be mind tricked. just a thought

--------------------

Trust anything but your mind!

Posts: 19 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 62.30.0.2
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 06-16-2002 01:35 AM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just believe that Lucas did a great tweaking upon the shadow, and everything else that was showing who he would be in the future. Nice signs.

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.246.169.9
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 06-16-2002 02:36 AM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I checked out my bootleg of AOTC, I didn't see the shadow you're talking about. When he says bye to Padme, the shadows on the house are his and hers.

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 172.158.9.252
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 06-16-2002 09:34 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
*Sighhsss*

Look again, Anakin. It's not the ABSOLUTELY PERFECT silhouette, but one verrrry similar. I'm not the only one to see this.

The back of his head looks like the broadly swooping backside of Vader's helmet, and the fact that the shadow sorta "towers" over Padme makes it even that much more "Vaderish."

And you said I wasn't a fan! SHEESH!

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.197.47
Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 06-16-2002 10:10 AM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It WAS a shadow of Vader. Bunches of people have seen it.

That's what you get for having a bootleg copy, Ani.

--------------------

Small minds think in small terms!
~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 146.201.34.100
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 06-16-2002 12:13 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
He has a bun in his hair, that's all it is. And he towers over Padme because he's that tall. In an effort to prove myself right, here are two scenes from the movie, neither of which look like vader. His bun is too high.

There is a slight difference in the head between the two pictures, but that's what shadows do when you aren't standing still.

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 172.172.136.108
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 06-16-2002 08:54 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There's another shot that shows this better. But the point of him wearing his hair in that silly bun was for this shadow scene. It was too similar to Vader's helmet for it not to have been planned that way. Otherwise they wouldn't have done the silhouette-thing.

Go back to work. No wonder you don't post much in RP-- where's your imagination?

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.195.194
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 06-18-2002 11:22 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
umm, well, to watch it stand still, you dont get the same affect, i personaly saw the shadow, and thought "OMG! thats a connection tot he original tril! thats a dead ringer for a vader shadow!" but then again, what do i know? im just a poor poor, misguided soul.... But my friend saw it as well, so i feel better now

--------------------

"Insert Snappy quote here"

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.72.2

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05