my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Star Wars Discussion   » Episode 2 & 3   » Was Jango Fett's depiction racist??

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Was Jango Fett's depiction racist??
Boba Fortuna

Member # 182

posted 06-01-2002 04:46 PM     Profile for Boba Fortuna   Author's Homepage   Email Boba Fortuna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There is growing hoopla that the depiction of Jango Fett in Episode 2 is racist against Hispanics. Never mind Teumera Morrison (Jango Fett) , and Daniel Logan (Boba Fett) are not Hispanic at all, but rather native New Zealanders, of Polonesian ancestory.

The fact Jango and Boba 'look' Hispanic made the critics suggest the depiction was racist- but the fact the critics say they look hispanic tells me the critics are the true racists!!!

What do you all think of the claims Jango is a racist depiction of Hispanics?

Some have suggested the Trade Federation leaders were racist characatures of Asians, and Jar Jar Binks a racist mockery of Jamiacans. We live in a very fragile society!!

regards

Boba Fortuna

[ 06-01-2002 04:48 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Boba Fortuna ]

--------------------

Boba Fortuna

Posts: 16 | From: Boston | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 134.241.17.112
Sid

Member # 228

posted 06-01-2002 04:52 PM     Profile for Sid   Author's Homepage   Email Sid     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well rascim is a touchy subject, and all have their own outlooks, but their are good ones and bad outlooks of it. The politics , and medai are being very idiotic in this subject. Jar Jar Binks had no flavor to him of being a Jamacin, nor did the Trade Federation Leaders. They only want to find flaws in the situation, while Lucas is truly not that type of guy. It only came out that way because of the person's outlook....

I believe that these people should be confronted, and told otherwise. I mean Star Wars the movie is big, and people always want to find flaws in every big thing. Most people hate the greatest....like people hated Ali, and wanted him to lose. Thats why they came to see it...

Thats my outlook, and I believe Im pretty right...

--------------------

"The girl didn't do anything...and the droid either. Let them leave...or you shall die!"-Sid

"Its not bragging if its true..."-Sid

Posts: 96 | From: Cali | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 12.246.169.9
Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 06-01-2002 04:55 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Uhhh...

I would like to know where these critics expect us to get different sounding languages and different "races" of characters if we don't rely on what we have here on the good ole Earth.

Nobody complains that Luke was a racist version of whites. Or that the fact that all Impys had English accents meant that was racist.

I think the critics just like to stir the pot til it overflows. I hope people are smart enough to look at this for what it is. Something to rile up everyone.

--------------------

Small minds think in small terms!
~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 146.201.36.57
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 06-01-2002 11:48 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
if anything, jango fett was "wicked awsome" to put things simply, so if it was ment in a racist way, well, it shoulda brought a good view, not a negative one...and as for jar jar being jamacan, well, the hollywood jamecans have that walk, and jar jar kinda has it to, but its not his fault, its the first person to do a jamecan character i dont know if thats really how someone from jemaca would walk, but thats how hollywood does it.

--------------------

"Insert Snappy quote here"

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.51.129

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05