my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Star Wars Discussion   » Episode 2 & 3   » SPOILERS - What will cause Anakan to adorn the Vader suit?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: SPOILERS - What will cause Anakan to adorn the Vader suit?
Boba Fortuna

Member # 182

posted 05-11-2002 12:51 AM     Profile for Boba Fortuna   Author's Homepage   Email Boba Fortuna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Has it been established in Star Wars lore the reason why Darth Vader wore his protective suit? I have hears one story Obi Wan hurled him into a volcano. If so, who saved Anakan, and made him the life suport suit? The Emperor?

regards

Boba Fortuna

--------------------

Boba Fortuna

Posts: 16 | From: Boston | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 129.10.246.196
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 05-11-2002 01:54 AM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Welcome to thePOD Boba.

My guess is that it was Palpatine who saved him. How? Won't know til Episiode 3. Obi-Wan probably pushed him because of what he had become, and the threat he was...

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 172.136.202.241
Lord_Andromeda

Member # 184

posted 05-12-2002 11:15 AM     Profile for Lord_Andromeda   Author's Homepage   Email Lord_Andromeda     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
From what i know - anakin/vader was in a fight with obiwan, and it was during this fight that he fell. I also think it was palpatine, who rescued the dying anakin, and gave him the suit - after all he is his apprentice.

What we could do is find one of the obscure copies of the star wars novels and read the fight between anakin and obi wan - as that is what there roughly based on.

Posts: 68 | From: Matleth | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 213.48.235.75
kcirTdniMideJ

Broken Back Button

Member # 205

posted 05-22-2002 12:50 AM     Profile for kcirTdniMideJ   Author's Homepage   Email kcirTdniMideJ     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
In star wars episode 4 when Vader and Obi wan fight Vader tells him "when last we met i was the apprentice now i am the master".
So its obvious Obi wan fights and seriosly wounds Anakin which cause him to get the vader suite. And the emperor most likely is the 1 to save anikan.
I heard people talking of anikan falling in lava or something was wondering where u heard that from?

Posts: 7 | From: staten island | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 24.90.20.39
Crew of the Air Dance

Member # 200

posted 05-22-2002 05:24 PM     Profile for Crew of the Air Dance   Author's Homepage   Email Crew of the Air Dance     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
thats true he does fall into lava in a place, i think its like an under ground temple called Sith hell, i've read it in several scripts for episode 3 on the net, obiu 1 fights anakin because he kills Padame cause obi one got in on the action if ya know what i mean

--------------------

Leeba: i just installed a sky light into the bedroom.

Garun: don't you think thats a bad idea?

Leeba: why would it be?

Garun: the people in the room above us are gonna be furious!

Posts: 17 | From: See Veren Mechanica | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 194.117.151.68
BobPalpatine

Foo Fighter

Member # 17

posted 05-23-2002 12:33 PM     Profile for BobPalpatine   Author's Homepage   Email BobPalpatine     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Don't trust scripts you read online, unless its the Jedi Bendu site. That's the only reliable SW script site I've ever found...

But yes, while in a deal with Obi-Wan, Anakin falls in to a pit of lava, and GL said what comes out is not Anakin but Darth Vader. Palpatine is there to take advangtage of the weakness and Anakin's transformation after that is complete.

--------------------

"Can't you hear my motored heart? Your the one that started it!"

-Foo Fighters "Generator"

Cogito ergo sum

BobPalpatine
Holonet Admin

Posts: 681 | From: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  Logged: 204.184.55.2
Rathal

Member # 220

posted 05-28-2002 09:48 PM     Profile for Rathal   Author's Homepage   Email Rathal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I believe what happens is that Anakin and Obi engage in a lightsaber duel, persumably becaue Anakin is evil now and Anakin gets wonded. Probably saved by the emporer, though only time will tell.

--------------------

My Characters: Rathal, Narcolm, Freedon Naad

"You'll never see the end of the road while your traveling with me."

Posts: 127 | From: NYC | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 152.163.195.187
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 06-02-2002 05:42 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
But of course it isn't going to be some simple confrontational battle between Anakin and Dooku/Tyranus that sends Ani over the edge to the Dark Side.

It's going to be a carefully contrived death of Padme, probably at the hands of Dooku (via Palpatine--he has his fingers in EVERYTHING, if all have been keeping their eyes open) and THEN the follow-up battle. (Possibly involving lava. I've heard that rumor as well, but haven't a clue as to where I heard it.)

Dooku is STRONG. He didn't defeat Yoda in EP2, but he got away alive (by being a slimeball and threatening the lives of Anakin and Padme and thus distracting Yoda... who at that point SHOULD have let them get killed if he was true to the Jedi...

Hmmm... but then there is this whole "he's going to balance the Force" thing, so maybe Yoda was FORCED to save the pair.

ANYHOO... that's what I think is going to happen in Episode 3. What else would make it darker?

Padme has to die. She had the twins, Luke gets sent to "Aunt Beru and Uncle Owen," and Leia is raised by whatsisname on Alderaan (Bail Organa?). There's a reason they were sent away, and it probably wasn't merely to protect them from rising political miasma....

Hmmm... then again, according to the story, they were sent away to be hidden from Vader. (Or was it Emperor Palpatine? I need to refresh on this....)

Obviously this post is just me speculating aloud and letting my thoughts go where they may. The only thing I know that makes any sense for Ani to become Vader is the death of Padme. Nothing else would affect him as much... and after the death of his mother would be the straw which broke that particular bantha's back.

Comments anyone?

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.104.24
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 06-03-2002 11:40 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I believe personaly that anakin and obi one will get into a fight about power. in EP 2 anakin stats in utter anger "He is jeuolus of my power, im going to be the strongest jedi ever" or something like that. so it would make sense that by EP 3 he will have continued on a power trip slope and become even more gone, as well, obi one is kinda of filled with some manly tastastroin as well, When he said "anakin is so sure that he is better then me(or something like it) that he is ignorent" and yoda reply's "Yes, perhaps he is not the only one." so it would make sense that they have an argument about power, get into a serious fight (as by EP 3 anakin is defenetly swaing seriously close to the darkside, and will have no control of his anger at all...) and then obi one ends up tossing him in a lava pit in order to keep him from becoming fully evil, and destroying them all.(most likely thinking it in anakins best interest to be destroyed.)

THEN of course palpatine will have to get his greedy fingers in there and save anakin and lie to him even more "yes, poor young anakin, obi wan betrayed you, let your anger out, feel your rage, i will teach you they way of true power, like nothing obi wan can do. yes. i will protect you from harm" and so anakin believes him in his weak condition, and becomes vader.

--------------------

"Insert Snappy quote here"

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.72.181
Lord _Tyranus

Broken Back Button

Member # 264

posted 06-25-2002 06:28 PM     Profile for Lord _Tyranus   Author's Homepage   Email Lord _Tyranus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The speculation will not cease until we know the events of Episode III. My personal belief about how Anakin is seduced is the following:

1. Palpatine will have a huge role to play. Thats for sure. I believe he will manipulate Anakin into believing that he is able to right the wrongs of the Universe. Anakin in Episode 1 promises to free all the slaves. I believe Palpatine will tighten his grip on outer rim territories and planets such as Tatooine that had no republic influence in Episode I. On Tatooine in TPM we see Jabba as a supreme ruler. As Panaka states "that place is ruled by the huts". In Episode VI when we get to see Luke on the very same planet Jabba's rule has obviously been restricted to gangland crime. This is further evidenced by his sleazy palace being his own little empire in ROTJ. My point here is that Palpatine will introduce Anti Slavery laws, whilst at the same time impliment Empire control. Thus by doing this it will convince Anakin that his intentions are good. He is offering Anakin something that he wants to see. No matter how corrupt the system is.

2. The death of Shmi will be used in some way by Palpatine to convince Anakin to join him. My take on this is that the only reason the Tuskens kept her alive for "a month" is that Anakin was meant to first feel her suffering and then witness it in presence. I'm not saying Palpatine was behind her kidnapping and hostage, but something makes me feel that he had influence in it. The death of Shmi is when we really first get a glimpse of the rage and power that Anakin has been locking inside (perhaps against his nature) throughout his padawan days. I believe that Anakin will have to kill Dooku to replace him at the Emperor's side. Therefore Palpatine could once again manipulate Anakin into believing that Dooku was involved in the death of his mother, thus he would "strike Dooku down with all his anger and his journey to the darkside will be complete".

3. Anakin's jealousy and contempt for Obi-Wan's position over him will play a part. And yes I too have heard many a rumour of a duel at the planet named Vulcanus. The name of that planet says it all! There is a decent script that can be found at http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Keep/5930/episode3.html which highlights the confrontation.

I personally do not believe that Padme will die, but Anakin will be made to think that she has been killed, and once again I believe that he will be convinced by either Dooku or Palpatine that, this time, Obi Wan was present when she died. Thus Obi-Wan's mere involvment will drive Anakin wild. His contempt that he already feels for his tutor will be heightened by his belief that Obi Wan could have prevented Padme from Dying.

Those really are what I feel will be used to get Ani into that Dark Suit that we as kids grew up in awe of. However, I have one more thing to say on the issue of the transformation, and that relates to how Lucas will go about putting this onto screen. My personal hope is that we wont see that Anakin is Vader in Episode III, otherwise the revelations of Episodes IV through to VI will become redundant for any new audiences viewing the movies in chronological order. Obviously we must be made to believe that Anakin is dead and we will see Luke and Leia as babies. If we see Anakin is Vader then we will know that Anakin was not "betrayed and murdered" by Vader in the sense that Obi Wan suggests in VI; We will know that Vader is Luke's father before that tense duel on Bespin in V; and we will know Leia is Luke's sister before that moment in ROTJ.

Of course, we as long existing fans already know all these things coming into this new trilogy. but picture yourself as a 5 year old watching star wars for the first time from episodes 1 through 6 and by the time you get to 3 you find out all this before you get to those pivital twists in the original trilogy.

Of course if we dont see that Anakin is Bader in Episode III then my points above will be rendered irrelevant. I personally would have Anakin "dying" as one of the very last scenes. A powerful scene that convinces kids watching the whole thing for the first time that Anakin is dead. I'd then cut to Obi Wan and Yoda separating the twins and leaving them with Owen, Beru and Bail Organa. A final scene would be Palpatine placing a helmet on a man from behind that we cannot see the identity of. A few short exchanges and a bit of the James Earl Jones in there for good measure and then the next thing we see is IV. How would this be achieved. Do all the donkey work with Anakin. See him turning to the darkside before he confronts obi wan. Make us believe that Obi Wan has killed Anakin to stop him from becoming the evil that he has hinted at. This would make for a much better viewing of the saga in its completion. Just imagine.... Anakin is being turned by palpatine, all the stuff with him beating Dooku etc happens before a death defying battle with Kenobi and then Bam! Anakin becomes Vader, but we dont know it really until episode V.

That is my whole take on the Anakin into Vader thing. Yeah its long winded, but it is my dream for the last installment in the most fantastic saga the world has ever witnessed. Sure, some people may not agree with any of this, but hey its my opinion, I respect that of others so I hope as a newcomer to this site that mine too will be respected.

--------------------

Surely you can do better!

Posts: 9 | From: Berkshire, United Kingdom | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 213.122.101.144
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 06-25-2002 06:35 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
umm...just to point out, as for the line "this is the first glimps of anakins inner rage" or whatever was said exactly, you can see it a lot more clearly if you read the book "rogue planet" its a great book, and has some cool stuff... thats when you see anakin go to the darkside for the first time, and its an awsome scene when he does...

--------------------

"Insert Snappy quote here"

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.134
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 06-25-2002 10:03 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
just make sure to watch 4-6 then 1-3...
Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.160.195
Lord _Tyranus

Broken Back Button

Member # 264

posted 06-26-2002 05:48 PM     Profile for Lord _Tyranus   Author's Homepage   Email Lord _Tyranus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Perhaps watching the films in order of when they were made may be the necessity in the end. I just think that Episode III could add to the already existing great story's that exist in the star wars universe that leave the audience asking questions. If Lucas decides to show Anakin as Vader and the transformation it will still make for a brilliant movie. If that is this case then my kids will definately be encouraged to watch 4-6 then 1-3.

--------------------

Surely you can do better!

Posts: 9 | From: Berkshire, United Kingdom | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 213.123.58.60
rexcoeus

Broken Back Button

Member # 285

posted 07-08-2002 05:48 PM     Profile for rexcoeus   Author's Homepage   Email rexcoeus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
In Episode III, there is supposed to be a huge duel between Obi Wan and Anakin, this must be when Anakin must go into the suit.

--------------------

May the Force be with you... always...

Posts: 12 | From: The Cantina on Mos Eisly | Registered: Jul 2002  |  Logged: 66.31.218.222
Sissi

Member # 277

posted 07-10-2002 02:24 PM     Profile for Sissi   Author's Homepage   Email Sissi     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
TextWow, I never thought about half of them theories! I like them all tho, except one. I don't think Palpatine can openly outlaw slavery in the galaxy as the empire actually go on to enslave all the wookiees. That's how Han meets Chewie. I think the telling Anakin that Padme is dead is a valid point but I think that it will run more like this:-
We'll get to see Anakin becoming more and more drawn to the dark side and the power it holds and Padme getting more and more worried about the man he is becoming. Then she's bound to confide to Obi Wan that she is pregnant and I would hope on the advice of the now falling apart Jedi council they fake her death (or just hide her) until it is safe for her again (which turns out to be never). Anakin must never know that she is pregnant therefore she cannot be very far along when they finally part otherwise both Anakin and Palpatine would be able to sense them, especially with Luke and Leia being so strong in the force. As for the battle we can all speculate altho I know it was a molten pit Anakin falls into. I would say that Palpatine saves him altho perhaps not personally. He has plenty of minions to do these things for him and he can quite easily tell Anakin he saved him, he's not going to know.
I would personally love to see as an ending Padme with the twins on Tatooine handing Luke over to Owen, Beru and Obi Wan and tearfully leaving him as she takes Leia with Bail Organa to Alderaan. For a Lucas style soppy ending I don't think that one could be beat, altho I'm sure he will!

--------------------

The Force makes a Jedi, not the lightsaber...

Posts: 37 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2002  |  Logged: 62.253.128.6
Selah

Member # 201

posted 09-10-2002 11:25 PM     Profile for Selah   Author's Homepage   Email Selah     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Lost my post. GRRRR!

Short & sweet: GL has never been known to let the EU dictate his plotlines, so I'm not convinced about the volcano-thing; aaaand, I believe Anakin has to know about Padme's pregnancy, and for some reason Padme' has requested that Obi-Wan keep Anakin away from her, which is why Obi-Wan is forced to duel his apprentice....

--------------------

This too shall pass...

Posts: 32 | From: | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 216.65.185.86

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05