my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Star Wars Discussion   » Episode 2 & 3   » Episode II trailer on Fox

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Episode II trailer on Fox
Rogue Angel

Jedi Knight

Member # 33

posted 03-10-2002 09:06 PM     Profile for Rogue Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Rogue Angel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just watched the full Episode II trailer on Fox and...

OH. MY. GOD.

I'm completely speechless...don't think I can wait 2 more months...

*runs off to wait outside her local movie theater*

--------------------

"Is that a lightsaber in your pocket or are ya just happy to see me?"

Posts: 357 | From: Mississippi, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 172.161.136.35
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 03-10-2002 11:01 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I can't be the only one who wasn't amazed. I thought the dialogue sucked, just like TPM. George Lucas should stop writing. No one says My Lady anymore, especially teenagers, so when you have a new kid like Hayden say it, it sounds fake. The same thing happened with little Anakin and Padme in TPM. And there wasn't that much new footage in the trailer, if you've seen the others, you'd know. I guess I'm having a falling out with Star Wars or something...

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 172.139.14.219
Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 04-21-2002 05:28 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've seen every one of the trailers and I thought they were damn good. And maybe no one says "my lady" in THIS UNIVERSE. But we are talking Star Wars, and there isn't much else you can call a high ranking female official in the setting which Padme/Amidala is cast. She WAS the Queen.

As for the "little new footage," I didn't think so. And we saw the footage in a different light this time, giving us more information on what was going on.

Just my two cents.

--------------------

Small minds think in small terms!
~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 146.201.36.104
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 04-21-2002 09:04 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I meant no one says My Lady here anymore, so therefore it sounds weird to hear it, and sounds like Hayden is uncomfortable saying it, since no one says it anymore.

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 172.128.203.25
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 04-22-2002 12:46 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Anakin, no it isn't you. From what I understand, the writer is the same person who wrote for the movie "Scorpion King," and from what I hear other people have said, that movie just might as well never have been filmed. So I am all ready to be disappointed by the story and the dialogue of EP2.

Anyway... what do you expect? I like our own universe and characters better anyway...!

To be honest, I didn't see the trailer; I never saw any and I don't want to. I just want to see the movie and call it good. Or bad. Or whatever.

Special effects HAVE to make it good however, or I'll go back to Trek...

[ 04-22-2002 12:52 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.195.186
Rogue Angel

Jedi Knight

Member # 33

posted 04-23-2002 05:53 PM     Profile for Rogue Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Rogue Angel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Go back to TREK?!?! Man, if I was George Lucas, that'd be hella motivation!

All kidding aside, I hope this one is better than Episode I. I really didn't like that movie, and I know I wasn't the only one. From what I hear, AOTC is supposed to have some good things going story-wise, and I'm excited to see it. But I'm gonna be pretty mad if the dialogue sucks. You can't have a good movie without good dialogue.

--------------------

"Is that a lightsaber in your pocket or are ya just happy to see me?"

Posts: 357 | From: Mississippi, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 172.169.96.50

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05