my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Star Wars Discussion   » Episode 2 & 3   » Episode II - Attack of the Clones

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Episode II - Attack of the Clones
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 08-06-2001 02:35 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The official site released the name today, Attack of the Clones, get used to AOTC folks....

They also had this to say about Episode 2:

Ten years after the events of The Phantom Menace, not only has the galaxy undergone significant change, but so have our familiar heroes Obi-Wan Kenobi, Padmé Amidala and Anakin Skywalker as they are thrown together again for the first time since the Trade Federation invasion of Naboo. Anakin has grown into the accomplished Jedi apprentice of Obi-Wan, who himself has transitioned from student to teacher. The two Jedi are assigned to protect Padmé whose life is threatened by a faction of political separatists. As relationships form and powerful forces collide, these heroes face choices that will impact not only their own fates, but the destiny of the Republic.

Yum...Here's the Official Announcement

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 172.165.26.49
Dash

Wise Ass

Member # 83

posted 08-06-2001 10:20 PM     Profile for Dash   Author's Homepage   Email Dash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
sounds like E1 I hope it doesn't suck like E1 did.

--------------------

If I cared I'd be smiling right now :{

Posts: 288 | From: Hell | Registered: Nov 2000  |  Logged: 172.155.157.135
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 08-07-2001 12:45 AM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Jeez.

It's a title. Might not be a best one, but it doesn't mean the movie isn't going to be good. In fact, I have several indications that it's going to be great.

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.157.132
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 08-07-2001 12:49 AM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The title is already growin on me...

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.208.104
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 08-07-2001 12:59 AM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yeah, it's growing on me too. At first it reminded me of "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes," but "Phantom Menace" always sounded like "Phatom of the Opera" to me, so oh well.

Beisdes, Star Wars Episode II: The Cone Wars would be rather redundant.

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.157.132
Dash

Wise Ass

Member # 83

posted 08-07-2001 09:11 AM     Profile for Dash   Author's Homepage   Email Dash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'd like to see E7 "How I made money off jerks like you"

I hope they change it

--------------------

Posts: 288 | From: Hell | Registered: Nov 2000  |  Logged: 172.140.41.95
Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 08-07-2001 09:48 AM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I doubt they are going to change it.

And whether or not I like the title or not does not give you any call to say I'm a jerk.

I stick by my original point that the title is not necessarily indicative of the movie content, and should not be treated as such.

I don't necessarily think it's the most creative title either. But is it really worth getting in a wad about the movie being good or not before it even comes out, just based on the title?

--------------------

Small minds think in small terms!
~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 66.20.157.132
Dash

Wise Ass

Member # 83

posted 08-07-2001 10:00 AM     Profile for Dash   Author's Homepage   Email Dash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hehehe I'll bet lucas hates all of us

anyone remember Revenge of the Jedi?

--------------------

Posts: 288 | From: Hell | Registered: Nov 2000  |  Logged: 172.140.41.95
Rogue Angel

Jedi Knight

Member # 33

posted 08-08-2001 10:01 PM     Profile for Rogue Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Rogue Angel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Attack of the Clones"? *moans* Argh, I didn't like the title "The Phantom Menace" much, but I like this one even less. Here's to hoping the title is not indicative of the movie's quality...

Hey, no matter how much we hate the cheesy title, it's still Star Wars. And we need to stand firm. (By that I mean, don't admit to any of your non-fan friends how much you hate it! And DON'T let them make fun of it either...only we can do that.)

--------------------

"Is that a lightsaber in your pocket or are ya just happy to see me?"

Posts: 357 | From: Mississippi, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 172.143.114.16
Yaoksi Joao

Smuggler Extraordinaire and All-Around Good Guy

Member # 126

posted 08-09-2001 11:20 AM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Uh-hh-hhh... guys....

Need I remind everyone that Star Wars in itself is a touch "campy," and was kinda sorta meant to be that? (The Original, "A New Hope")

I mean, serious sci-fi IT IS NOT, and never has been.

Campy title fits campy style... and puhleeze, this does NOT mean I don't like SW. I like it. I just take it for the grain of salt it is, and why get so upset about a title anyhoo?

--------------------

"Hey! It's not my fault!"

Posts: 607 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 205.188.192.168

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05