my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Our Galaxy.......   » General Discussion   » For anyone traveling to the North West...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: For anyone traveling to the North West...
Cel

Really Nice Member

Member # 697

posted 12-22-2008 07:59 PM     Profile for Cel   Author's Homepage   Email Cel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
...May God have mercy on your soul. I'm currently in day three of my travel nightmare. So far I've had two cancelled flights, delays, my checked baggage lost, poor customer service... Thank you Delta.

Just to sum up the last 4 hours my flight got canceled, rescheduled, canceled again, delayed to the morning of the 26th on standby, my checked baggage lost, the wifi here isn't free so the only way I can look for tickets is on my phone, and at every stop of the way poor customer service.

Ohh and because my flight got canceled due to weather I have to pay for my own hotel room. Seriously where is global warming when you need it, from now on I should just fill up the bed of my truck with gas and light it on fire just to drive around a mobile bon fire to help speed up the process.

The bon fire part is sarcasm but the rest is true. Sorry to dump this on you guys but this is the most horrible holiday travel ever.

--------------------

Creator of Adrianna Joao (Cel, "Link"), Kyan Jetiis'ad (Deceased), Kani Jetiis'ad, Bes'in Skirata

Posts: 328 | From: Oregon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  Logged: 64.255.180.57
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 12-22-2008 09:25 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OMG, I don't know where exactly you're headed, but just as an "average" I went to NOAA and checked on the weather for Portland, OR. THEY are getting snow and freezing rain; I know that recently there were blizzard conditions in Seattle... ick. I guess there's another system developing over the Pacific which is going to being more freezing crap into that neck of the woods...

My heart goes out to ya, Cel... if ya ever get a chance again to read this.

Here in Iowa it's COLD AS HELL, but that's livable; it's snowing AGAIN, but it's the dry snow, again livable. (The sub-zero temps can go take a long hike off a short pier, though.)

Anyway, I hope you stay safe; remember, being bored and "put off" and so on is far better than being in a plane crash... I guess something happened to that effect in Denver, gotta go read the news about whatever THAT was. Anyway, stay warm, stay safe, and even if you don't get to your destination until the 26th you can look at it this way: THEY will have ANOTHER Christmas, which will be super.

And you have a "fun" (really!) Christmas story to relate for the rest of your days.

Wow... Christmas in an airport! Could be interesting!

Ok, sorry, I'm not trying to be facetious here or anything; I wish you the best of luck, and hope that when you FINALLY get where you're going, you then get home again safely.

We'll all be thinking of ya and keeping our collective fingers crossed!

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 12.216.73.228
Cel

Really Nice Member

Member # 697

posted 12-23-2008 12:48 PM     Profile for Cel   Author's Homepage   Email Cel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
To sum things up I made it to Sacramento, CA and spent the night with some family I had in the area. Right now I'm on a grayhound bound for Portland and should arrive tonight. So hopefully my bus will make it.

--------------------

Creator of Adrianna Joao (Cel, "Link"), Kyan Jetiis'ad (Deceased), Kani Jetiis'ad, Bes'in Skirata

Posts: 328 | From: Oregon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  Logged: 64.255.180.60
Cel

Really Nice Member

Member # 697

posted 12-24-2008 09:53 AM     Profile for Cel   Author's Homepage   Email Cel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well I finally made it, no luck with my luggage that I checked with the airline but I made it. Yesterday was apparently the open window to make it, the airport is closed and so are many of the roads. I'll be staying at my parents house and currently they lack power so I probably won't be able to post for a while because I need to save my phones battery. Thanks again all and have a good holiday.

--------------------

Posts: 328 | From: Oregon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  Logged: 12.108.21.162
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 12-24-2008 02:22 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm sure I speak for all of us here at the Pod when I say I'm relieved you made it home in time for Christmas! Have a great holiday season, and we'll look forward to your return!

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.117.195

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05