my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Our Galaxy.......   » General Discussion   » Facebook

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Facebook
Dash Kelderon

On the Road to Redemption

Member # 427

posted 06-22-2007 06:33 PM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Does anyone here use Facebook?

I'd love to add you to my friends list.

If you have it and would like to add me. My name is Adam Rogers and I'm in the Saint John network.

You can see pictures of me and my beautiful family there!

--------------------

Those 2 guys may be IDIOTS... but they think the same way I do!

Posts: 655 | From: M.I,A | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 156.34.248.92
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 06-24-2007 02:44 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow, I went to join but dangitall, no matter where I turned to register they kept wanting my email address AND password. That's a major breach of registration ethics (not to mention, in this day and age of identity theft, danger!).

You should join My Space; you can upload pictures of your family there as well, and the registration/password one uses is unique to that site, as it is here on the Pod.

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
Dash Kelderon

Member # 427

posted 06-24-2007 04:29 PM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
All you gotta do is make a dummy HOTMAIL Account. That way they really won't have any access to your personal info.

--------------------

Dash Kelderon

Member # 427

posted 06-24-2007 04:57 PM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
And BTW... the password they want you to input is the password you wish to use for your facebook account.

I just made a dummy account to test the theory. They definately do not need your e-mail password.

[ 06-24-2007 05:01 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Dash Kelderon ]

--------------------

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 06-25-2007 01:29 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow, they need to change their set-up then. Currently all the prompts I read refer to one's email address; when I stated I was faculty they then wanted my faculty email address AT THE UNIVERSITY (specifically stated as such) followed with a request for password. In parentheses off to the side was something about receiving email through them or some such; no matter how you put it, I'll stick to My Space, where I already have an account. Seems like a pain in the hiney to have to go make a hotmail account just for this.

(Back to passwords: generally sites will ask you for a password, and then ask you to verify by typing it again. This site didn't; I don't know which is the more usual, but at least every other site I've joined has asked for the password and verification of it as well.)

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.116.197
Dash Kelderon

Member # 427

posted 06-25-2007 01:55 PM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, it is kind of weird. But I haven't had any problems. Like I said... I made a second "dummy account" and I used a totally nosensical password after the e-mail and I still got registered. So, there really is not link to your e-mail account.

How do I find you on MySpace if I join up?

--------------------

Freedon Naad

Sith Sorcerer Extrodinaire

Member # 321

posted 06-25-2007 02:55 PM     Profile for Freedon Naad   Author's Homepage   Email Freedon Naad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
To re-state what dash said its asking for you to choose a password for your account not for your email pass I believe. Also it asked for your email at ur university b/c it groups people into networks based on things like that.

--------------------

I am NOT a stone!

Posts: 119 | From: NYC | Registered: Aug 2002  |  Logged: 66.108.214.50
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 06-25-2007 05:51 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ICK.

Hates being grouped...

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.116.197
Dash Kelderon

Member # 427

posted 06-25-2007 06:31 PM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Then just don't join a network. It's not a requirement. It just helps people to find you. People you WANT to find you. Not like the IRS or anything.

--------------------

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05