my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Our Galaxy.......   » General Discussion   » Creepy Experiences

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Creepy Experiences
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-28-2005 04:52 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Have any of you ever had anything creepy happen to you? Ghostly? Weird? Out of the ordinary? Tell us all about it, we wait with bated breath...!

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.116.196
Aelly Ssyn

Mistress of Black Sun

Member # 698

posted 09-28-2005 09:09 PM     Profile for Aelly Ssyn   Author's Homepage   Email Aelly Ssyn     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
When I was in grade school ( not sure on my actual age) I was playing in my room adn i had two lamps on my two dressers which were on either side of my bed. My mom called for me to come watch tv. I was still sort of affraid of the dark but not thinking of turning on my room light I turned off the lamp closed to the door to my room followed by the lamp on the far side of my bed. When I turned to crawl over my bed to head out of my room my vision passed over my open closet ( which had sliding doors ) I swear on my life that I saw a ghostly skull head the size of my closet coming out at me.

The wierd thing from that is now that I'm older I like looking at skulls.

--------------------

It's nothing personal. It's just business.

Posts: 97 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Sep 2005  |  Logged: 64.136.49.226
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 09-28-2005 09:14 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Spooky supernatural things? Well lemme think. For the first eight years that I can remember, I kept hearing whispers and hissing, even when I was alone. In the car, int he house, the backyard. *shrugs* who knows what it was right?

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 71.208.77.190
Aelly Ssyn

Mistress of Black Sun

Member # 698

posted 09-28-2005 09:15 PM     Profile for Aelly Ssyn   Author's Homepage   Email Aelly Ssyn     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You know that happens when you let the batteries in your walk-man run low. lol j/k

--------------------

Posts: 97 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Sep 2005  |  Logged: 64.136.49.226
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 10-03-2005 11:06 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OK, guys, I JUST had a weird thing happen to me. Coming home from the convention we went to (Archon) we decided on a side jaunt to Bentonsport, Iowa.

Now, Bentonsport is an old riverboat town. OLD. It has a big ol house that is now a bed and breakfast, which everyone says is haunted. (It's got a whole chapter about it in the book "Haunted Hotels.") There is supposed to be an old lady ghost there, who was the original owner, who haunts the place. EVERYONE who works at the bed n' breakfast says they've experienced her, from shadows passing in your peripheral vision to a rocking chair moving in front of a window and then rocking, like someone is sitting there looking out. Some have seen her.

Anyway, it was dark when I was there; I first walked across the river bridge (built 1882) that crosses the Des Moines river (which was eerie in itself. Weird feelings, the hairs raising up on the back of your neck, all that.) Coming back I watched the hotel as the current owner went from room to room turning out the lights for the night. One room upstairs was lit (presumably occupied) and one downstairs.

Anyway, I walked the "main drag" (tiny) looking at all the other old weird things (the remaining foundation of an old flour mill, creeeeepy), then returned to the by now darkened hotel. The front door has two long rectangular windows in it, and one long rectangular window on each side.

The hotel was dark. I was looking at the front door... and saw an image which looked human passing by only one of the windows. Clear as a bell.

I tell ya, the hairs stood up on the back of my neck on that one! I know it was the old lady who used to own the place, the one everyone now says haunts the place.

Brrrr...!

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
Padme of Hidden Lake

Really Nice Member

Member # 107

posted 10-08-2005 05:37 PM     Profile for Padme of Hidden Lake   Author's Homepage   Email Padme of Hidden Lake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok so this doesn't really have anything to do with the supernatural but it is far far creepier because you can't conciously say that it is impossible. I work at a primative girls camp in the summer - aka no electricity, no running water, no hot showers even with our pumped water, etc. Well one summer we arrived to discover a group that had been using the camp for the weekend had very very stupidly left their food out all weekend attracting cyotes and a pack of wild dogs (read dogs that once were domesticated and so not afraid of humans that are now abandoned and fending for themselves in the wilderness). Noting that we have a very large property (over 200 acres) with most campsites on one side of the lake and 2 lonely ones way across the lake in the shadow of our private mountain. Now think that it is night and I'm going back alone to my unit - one of the two on the back of the lake - the one the furthest away from everyone else and the furthest off the main path around the lake with a very hard to see entrance at night. As I'm starting up the hill my flashlight goes out - not surprising since I tend to kill them. But now I have to walk nearly a quarter of a mile in pitch black night (it was a new moon night) and all around me I can hear the cyotes and wild dogs howling and barking and I swore I could see thier eyes glowing looking out from the very dense trees in that part of camp. Needless to say I was terrified and convinced that I would be eaten before I got to my bed.

--------------------

A friend once told me "The Turtle Moves" I think we should all remember that right now...
Don't dance to live, live to dance!

Posts: 319 | From: Wandering the planet | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 67.136.217.104
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 10-08-2005 06:22 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh wow, ick, CREEEEEPY.

I know the feeling: I live in the country and we have packs of feral dogs and coyotes here, too. I hear 'em howling and carrying on nearly every night... every day I do a nose count of my cats!

They're "nasty," that's for sure, and just why you said: because they're not afraid of people. (There's a town in eastern Iowa having such a problem with feral dogs that the sheriff's dept. has basically said, "just shoot 'em, and we'll look the other way..." Stupid law about shooting a dog, feral or not; it has to be a special case, and then distinguishing the difference between feral and nonferal and so on, blah blah blah... heh, like the Sheriff said, "Just shoot 'em. We didn't see nuthin'!")

All I can say is that if you are ever confronted by these guys, stand your ground and stare 'em straight in the eye. In dog language you're telling them that you're the boss. You have to take a passive aggressive stance or they'll be all over you. If you show your teeth, you're threatening them back.

And if they attack, try to get to the leader and get him down on the ground and lay across him. That's saying that you've won.

Of course this is going to be nearly impossible to do if you're already terrified yourself, but it might keep you from getting sliced n' diced!

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
Padme of Hidden Lake

Really Nice Member

Member # 107

posted 10-08-2005 06:42 PM     Profile for Padme of Hidden Lake   Author's Homepage   Email Padme of Hidden Lake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't think I would have thought of that - we just kept a pot or pan and a heavy ladle by our beds to beat together to scare them off if they got into the unit - apparently they don't like that sound.

--------------------

A friend once told me "The Turtle Moves" I think we should all remember that right now...
Don't dance to live, live to dance!

Posts: 319 | From: Wandering the planet | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 67.136.217.104
Aelly Ssyn

Mistress of Black Sun

Member # 698

posted 10-12-2005 06:26 PM     Profile for Aelly Ssyn   Author's Homepage   Email Aelly Ssyn     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah I think I would keep somnething near me whether it was something to strike with like a bat or large stick or something that makes a ton of noise to scare them away.

I know my dog is frightened of fireworks so maybe keep some black cat fire crackers.

--------------------

Posts: 97 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Sep 2005  |  Logged: 158.4.56.5
Nefrai Kesh

Member # 554

posted 10-12-2005 11:24 PM     Profile for Nefrai Kesh   Author's Homepage   Email Nefrai Kesh     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Back in 2001, there was a bunch of cat killings in our area (countryside out in the winevalleys of california), and my godmother and I went outside to go check over the "estate" (large property) one last time before we retired. We went out into the front yard and found two of her cats all beat up and "pinned" by two local dogs.

As soon as we showed up, they started giving us growls and that "you'er dead" sorta look you see in movies and such. Of course, being the wee inexperienced lad I was, I was about to high-tail it as fast as I could. Of course, my godmother being a wee bit wiser (duh) just told me to shut up and stand still.

It turned out that the dogs had killed 11 cats and maimed 6. Moral of the story? There is none. Scary as hell when in person? Oh yeah!

--------------------

"I have fought with the shadows on the edge of your vision. I have seen the faces that laugh at you in your nightmares." ~The Inquisition

Posts: 134 | From: | Registered: Jun 2004  |  Logged: 71.208.77.190

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05