my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Our Galaxy.......   » General Discussion   » Haunted House Spooktacular

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Haunted House Spooktacular
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-28-2005 04:51 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here ya go again...

What makes a GREAT Haunted house? (I refer to the kind you pay money to go through and get yourselves scared silly). What has been the best one you've ever been through?

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.116.196
Padme of Hidden Lake

Really Nice Member

Member # 107

posted 10-08-2005 06:39 PM     Profile for Padme of Hidden Lake   Author's Homepage   Email Padme of Hidden Lake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
well I don't go much for the going through Haunted Houses thing - I'm too chicken BUT my high school music department put on a rocking one every year as a big fundraiser during the district's Fall Fun Fair. We first made the music suite into a maze - so they had to figue out where to go and created at least 15 rooms off of the maze so they didn't get a break from us scaring them. We also had strategically placed guides all dressed the same (usually vampires because we just liked that idea) who told a story about the different rooms and our "house". We always had a creepy old woman rocking a "dead baby" and a butcher with human body parts laying around and some sort of soup or stew cooking in the background, pianos that mysteriously played themselves (yeah for electric keyboards that move the keys when playing preset music). We had a funeral with a double casket - a bride and groom who had mysteriously been killed as they said thier vows, a graveyard they had to walk through with people in the graves grabbing thier ankles and popping up, then they finally reached the house part of it (the rest had been the town around the actual haunted house) in the "house" they would find children locked in cages (our younger siblings in the tuba lockers) a witch or two making a special brew, heads served up on platters that offered warnings to get back, Satan and his vampiress temptresses, a frankenstien monster or zombie or the like - once we even had a Vader with light up lightsaber chasing the guests. Then when they finally find the "door out" they end up in a haunted forest (all handmade trees and the like) where they are offered poisoned apples, surrounded by ghosts, chased by a black widow with a wedding ring held out, and attacked by werewolves before our final guide helps them out of the forest and delivers them out of our haunted village through a set of "cast iron" gates that mimics our entrance gate. Oh and through the whole thing we have smoke machines and wierd flashes of light, music and sound effects that we recorded ourselves, and people with plant misters spraying them with water, there are tunnels to crawl through and steps to navigate (without seeing them for the most part) and actors dressed completely in black so they can't be seen brushing past them and grabbing at thier clothes. We did have a signal in case there was a group of really young kids and then we put up some red lights (we all had switches at our stations for our own light) and toned down the scariness factor until that group was past. All in all it was tons of fun on the inside and to switch shifts we went through the house to our station in the beginning and left through the rest at the end so we all got to see everyone's part.

--------------------

A friend once told me "The Turtle Moves" I think we should all remember that right now...
Don't dance to live, live to dance!

Posts: 319 | From: Wandering the planet | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 67.136.217.104

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05