my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Our Galaxy.......   » General Discussion   » Ladies and gentlemen...we have him

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Ladies and gentlemen...we have him
Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 12-14-2003 06:58 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
After an eight-month search, Saddam Hussein has at last been found and captured. I just thought I'd open this thread up for discussion as to what people's thoughts were concerning this event. What do you think should happen to him now? Should those who haven't even been involved in the search be part of his trial? Should he be given over to the Iraqi people so they may deliver justice to him how they see fit? I'm not going to state my thoughts just yet, but I will. Just wondering what everyone else is thinking...

--------------------

Small minds think in small terms!
~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 65.81.197.43
Mara1Jade

Member # 68

posted 12-20-2003 05:19 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, I'm truthfully surprised that not one single person has had anything to say about this thusfar...

--------------------

~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 65.81.197.43
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 12-23-2003 03:40 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hehe... sorry; I haven't been here much lately to even SEE this thread!!

WELL. First and foremost, let me say how relieved I am that they found him hiding like the rat he is, in a hole in the ground.

Second, no way do I believe his "innocence" in choreographing any recent attacks and whatnot; what the heck was he doing hiding out in plain sight of the presidential palace for then, anyway? Maybe to make it easier to get orders out to others, hmmm???

And as for what to do with him now; well again! I'm surprised he wasn't shot on sight, you know, "oops, I thought he had a weapon...!"

Seriously, I suppose he deserves a fair trial, but not by us. I really don't know where he might get an absolutely fair (e.g.: utterly nonbiased) one at this point; possibly officiated by the UN, although they didn't want us to go into Iraq. I do wish either England or the United States could run it, though. (Epitome of biased, hehe!)

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 65.101.173.219
Za'in Almar

Member # 490

posted 12-23-2003 03:49 PM     Profile for Za'in Almar   Author's Homepage   Email Za'in Almar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Me, being the brutal person I am, say we take him in the toture chamber and never tell the media about what happened.

--------------------

"I'm the finest, you know that."-Za'in.

Posts: 62 | From: ://Error 101... | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 24.7.178.237
Orlok

Member # 499

posted 12-26-2003 01:19 PM     Profile for Orlok   Author's Homepage   Email Orlok     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Err, it's "we got him".

--------------------

"Time waits for no man."

Posts: 34 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2003  |  Logged: 82.35.26.42
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 12-26-2003 02:13 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Er... correct grammar would have us say, "we have him" as Mara1Jade wrote the post after Saddam was captured.

If she was the person who led the squad doing the capturing, at that moment of capture she could turn to her mates and say, "We got him!"

(Although it's still slang, heh. But more appropriately used in that setting, time-wise.)

Now, on to posts regarding this subject which are more, well... on topic.

[ 12-26-2003 02:14 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.253.2
Mara1Jade

Member # 68

posted 12-27-2003 08:44 AM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The "we have him" is a quote anyway. And as for what *I* think should be done with Saddam, I think we should leave quite a bit of his fate to the Iraqis. He's tortured them, mistreated them...

...and it's time for what comes around to go around. Still, I think the forces who have been working in Iraq should also have a hand in what happens to him; after all, they been working towards his capture as well as bringing him to justice.

Who do I NOT want dealing with this? All those UN peeps that did absolutely NOTHING to assist in Saddam's capture. Heck, why should someone have a say in what happens to Saddam now when they didn't bother to do a thing to capture him to begin with?

--------------------

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 68.218.198.157
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 12-29-2003 01:05 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hmmm.... I dunno. I highly suspicion that Saddam wouldn't receive a fair trial in Iraq, either. He's going to be an awful fish to fry, so to speak; if he gets off with a scolding, many people will be morally outraged. But if he is sentenced to death, then he could quite possibly become a martyr, which is NOT what I would like to see happening.

I still say there ought to have been an "accident," heh.

And about the "we got/have him" thing; yeah. I stand corrected on the fact that you were quoting Rumsfield (I think he was the one who said that)-- okay, HE'S the one using bad grammar!!!

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.253.2
Sa'kal'ishaalas

Member # 532

posted 11-04-2004 01:32 AM     Profile for Sa'kal'ishaalas   Author's Homepage   Email Sa'kal'ishaalas     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I would have personally shot him on site if I could, but first ask where he hid his weapons of mass destruction. Then I'd shoot him in the head, find the weapons and begin the overthrow of the screwed up American political system...just kidding.

But he DID have a weapon with him. He was in a hole, what big enough to fit one man, and a few belongings. He did have an AK-47 sitting next to him, so I would have shot him saying that one of the movements he made looked like he was reaching for his weapon, hehe...

Posts: 173 | From: | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 67.164.11.178
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 11-18-2004 12:17 AM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's evil. But wait. I mean common, this is ME saying that. lol.

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 63.231.89.224
Blade of Chaos

Member # 488

posted 12-10-2004 08:50 PM     Profile for Blade of Chaos   Author's Homepage   Email Blade of Chaos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Does anybody know when his trial is scheduled for, if it has been yet? I've been looking, but not able to find it. And you people are a smart bunch. I figure one of you should know.

And Sa'kal, sadly, that doesn't really surprise me...

Kidding, kidding.

--------------------

I am Ragorian, the mighty Blade of Chaos. Where I am weilded, darkness and dissent shall reign.

Posts: 152 | From: Under your bed... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  Logged: 67.4.100.218
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 12-14-2004 11:06 AM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nah, we handed him over to the Iraqis, it's not our problem anymore really.

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 209.120.161.36

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05