my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Our Galaxy.......   » General Discussion   » As i sit

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: As i sit
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 11-08-2003 12:01 AM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
As i sit here by myself, alone and cold to the world... Living the life a loser geek that cant get a GF lives.. I kinda started thinking about stuff... And they way our existence runs... And in my utter boredom, and non-desire for sleep, im going to write up some of my theories on life....

Theory 1: the theory of memory.

As some might have noticed, our memories from when we are children are very very small. I theorize this is because of the way we are taught to think.... We end up thinking in word, in sound rather then in image. Because after all that is a more effective and easy way to proccess information. ANd yes i know some have photographic memories, but still those memoriese are stored and catergerized by word. We assign "names" to things in order to recall them. THis is why i think our memories of our childhood are so dim... We dont have a language yet, and therefor have no way of "Categerizing" our thoughts. therefor while our memories are stored in there own little place, we are incapable of recalling them because we dont remember how to draw up images that arent "marked"

Theory 2: Time travel.

Well, i think its possible, but only in one direction.

I believe we could, with the proper technology, travel FORWARD in time. Doign so would reach a point in the future that is determined on how things will be done, travelign forward does not actauly affect the flow of events, it merly replaces you, what you do after you are replaced within the time frame will effect all events further on, but wont affect events reaching that point.

However i believe traveling "backwards" in time is impossible. Simply going backward would throw off the chain of events that lead up to the point in time that you left from. Therefor if attempted you would probably cease to exist, and in that you would never have traveled backwards, which would then recreate you. This would create an everlasting loop that would eventauly shred existence as we know it. Now because the events would happen so instantaniously in a loop of time, you would go from traveling back, to existence endign in the blink of an eye....

theory 3:Speed to light.

Now, i dont have much knowledge in the area of what light is exactly, so this theory is probably the most crackball of all my theories... But i theorize that if somehow you were capable of moving at the speed of light, your body would be shred into obvivian by the brick wall of matter light would then be to you.

--------------------

"Insert Snappy quote here"

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.51.119

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05