my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Our Galaxy.......   » General Discussion   » Going Back to School?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Going Back to School?
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 09-01-2003 12:45 AM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Who else, other than me, had to go back to school last week? How did you feel heading back to school, was it weird, or what?

Well it was my entrance into high school, it was more boring then I expected, but whateva. People changed up alot, or its just the fact that I don't have all the same classes as them. I mean, it's not as much as boring as me just making it boring for myself...

I really don't want to deal with the friends I had last year, mainly because they are being mad dumb. Atleast some of them are, their trying to be someone I know their not. But what can you expect, their human, right?

Anyways, school is school, I still manage to have fun, even though its alot more strict than last year and it's a different world in a sense.

I mean, I'm two years form driving a car and four years from living on my own..Its a long road, but if you really think about it, it's short..

So I'm not just making an entrance into highschool, but like every breathe--the rest of my life.

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Padme of Hidden Lake

Really Nice Member

Member # 107

posted 09-05-2003 03:20 PM     Profile for Padme of Hidden Lake   Author's Homepage   Email Padme of Hidden Lake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've gone back to school - all the way back to Middle School with the snot nosed cheeky little brats that refuse to listen to me - this is exactly why I hate working with this age group..... grrrrrrrr - I can't wait for October - I get 2nd grade!!!!!!!

--------------------

A friend once told me "The Turtle Moves" I think we should all remember that right now...
Don't dance to live, live to dance!

Posts: 319 | From: Wandering the planet | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 204.168.82.9
Padme of Hidden Lake

Really Nice Member

Member # 107

posted 09-19-2003 02:56 PM     Profile for Padme of Hidden Lake   Author's Homepage   Email Padme of Hidden Lake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok sooo my students made me feel really really old today, because when I gave them their journal question for the day: Who is your favorite Star Wars character and why? They told me they don't watch that stuff because it is for "old fogies".... So not cool coming from 13 year olds....

--------------------

A friend once told me "The Turtle Moves" I think we should all remember that right now...

Posts: 319 | From: Wandering the planet | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 204.168.82.9
Dash Kelderon

On the Road to Redemption

Member # 427

posted 09-20-2003 03:57 AM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ha ha ha... Old Fogies! Man, are we really that outtdated in the new world of CG movies?

Star Wars IMO is a timeless classic, like Casablanca, or It's a Wonderful Life. People will enjoy that movie for years to come.

I suggest you pick a week, and show them A New Hope in Class. That way many of them can see what they are missing. Most won't complain because it get's them out of class work.

Then make them write a review of the movie.

--------------------

Those 2 guys may be IDIOTS... but they think the same way I do!

Posts: 655 | From: M.I,A | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 63.88.67.230
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-20-2003 11:44 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Amen to that, Dash!!!

AMEN....

And it's too bad you're teaching at such a "low level," Padme; you could show the movie, then teach why various parts of it simply could not happen.

Physics and other sciences, you know...!

[ 09-20-2003 11:52 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
Orlok

Member # 499

posted 09-20-2003 02:29 PM     Profile for Orlok   Author's Homepage   Email Orlok     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Try using the darkside to make them come round. Give the little blighters lots of home work!

--------------------

"Time waits for no man."

Posts: 34 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2003  |  Logged: 82.35.29.156
Padme of Hidden Lake

Really Nice Member

Member # 107

posted 09-24-2003 05:48 PM     Profile for Padme of Hidden Lake   Author's Homepage   Email Padme of Hidden Lake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Unfortunately the school would never allow that since I'm only teaching a resource room - so no movies and no giving homework allowed.... However I can give referrals, threaten to call thier parents and get them thrown into St. Micheal's (a very very strict Catholic school one of the mother's is holding over her son's head if he doesn't learn to behave) and I told them that if they dare act up while I'm being observed tommorrow they will be out the door so fast they won't even be able to process thier name, with a referral slip following them to the office and then most likely school detention or in - school - with a call to the parents for a bit of icing... I don't care if I teach the lesson to all of them or jsut one of them in front of my supervisor.

Oh and GS - yeah you're right that would be fun but they can't manage their metric at the moment sooo....

[ 09-24-2003 05:49 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Padme of Hidden Lake ]

--------------------

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05