my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Our Galaxy.......   » General Discussion   » Single and Young Parents

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Single and Young Parents
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 08-02-2003 04:38 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What do you feel about them?

[ 08-02-2003 04:39 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by LumbiaSith ]

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 08-02-2003 10:18 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok, good for them.

(perhaps being a little more specific will provoke a better response)

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 12.220.189.20
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 08-02-2003 11:29 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What do you feel about their situation. For example, a young parent--maybe 17 who doesn't have the ability to fend for herself? How do you feel about the situation their in.

Do you think it is wrong for them to have kept the child? Should abortion come into mind or adoption.

And the same for single parents. Since they are without man/woman to help in the raising of a child is it validated for them to put them up for abortion or adoption in your views?

Of course I must add, why or why not?

[ 08-02-2003 11:30 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by LumbiaSith ]

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-03-2003 12:54 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
One cannot judge by age alone. I know many 17-year-olds who are very mature and responsible, and I know as well people twice that age I wouldn't entrust a pet dog to.

In my humble opinion, any new parent or parents should put their child up for adoption if they cannot provide it with the fundamentals needed. Usually the state will step in to assist with food and housing; if this is not an option, new parents should be found. The child should not be put at risk.

Likewise, whether or not one is single or not should have no bearing. It is what the parent can arrange or maintain for the safety and well-being of that child. Of course raising a child is much more difficult for younger parent/s who are not yet really stabilized within society, so to speak. But there have been many young parents who manage quite well.

Really though, the natural parents of the child are the best in the long run; since there is state assistance available what should be looked at is whether the parent is truly capable of raising the child. It's a touchy situation; how and when and who would step in? Where would the line be drawn???

Something to really think about. The best thing, of course, is simply not to get into the situation to begin with! There are means of NOT getting pregnant.

And in no way, shape or form should a child ever be aborted.

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.252.135
Xam Ngboohan

Force Sensitive Mercenary

Member # 463

posted 08-03-2003 06:40 PM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
AS for me, I think that life should be fine if the young single parent has enough money and time. If the single parent got pregnent not out of choice, her parents should help[ her out.

If not, (I don't dare to say this but i must) put the child up for adoption. I absolutely do not agree with abortion too.

--------------------

There is a shadowy voice in my heart, telling me to embrace the darkness.....

Posts: 316 | From: Singapore | Registered: May 2003  |  Logged: 164.78.252.53

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05