my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Our Galaxy.......   » General Discussion   » Board revival...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Board revival...
Dash Kelderon

On the Road to Redemption

Member # 427

posted 07-20-2003 06:48 PM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't know what's been going on in everybody's lives right now, but I know I've been MOVING my stuff, and working nights. So posting has been tough.

But I'm gonna try my best to revive some threads, and be a little more active in the RP. I know Patternghost, Gray and Mara, have been really busy with the RPing... but the rest of the board is dead!!!!

I mean not even a smiley has been posted for any of my jokes in "Lightening the spirit"

I was just wondering who will help me in my new mission to revive the POD?!?

--------------------

Those 2 guys may be IDIOTS... but they think the same way I do!

Posts: 655 | From: M.I,A | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 63.88.67.230
Xam Ngboohan

Force Sensitive Mercenary

Member # 463

posted 07-20-2003 10:01 PM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
revive? In what way?

--------------------

There is a shadowy voice in my heart, telling me to embrace the darkness.....

Posts: 316 | From: Singapore | Registered: May 2003  |  Logged: 164.78.252.56
Dash Kelderon

Member # 427

posted 07-20-2003 10:50 PM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No one is really posting outside of RP. I'm trying to get people more active outside the RP forum!

--------------------

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 07-21-2003 12:49 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Role Play forums are the heart of the Pod. I am leaving Wednesday for GenCon (BIGGIE gaming convention with some big-name stars there; Ray Park being one of them, heh) and am bringing flyers advertising the Pod.

Perhaps we'll get some more members.

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
Xam Ngboohan

Force Sensitive Mercenary

Member # 463

posted 07-21-2003 06:16 PM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hmm, why did I not think of this before. I can "advertise" for the pod using the Student Intranet here in Polytech. There are bound to be some Star Wars fans here.

--------------------

There is a shadowy voice in my heart, telling me to embrace the darkness.....

Posts: 316 | From: Singapore | Registered: May 2003  |  Logged: 164.78.252.56
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 07-21-2003 07:04 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is fine, and thank you Xam. Just as long as we don't go out to other Star Wars sites and advertise ourselves. That is verboten!

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.252.135
O-B-1 Kenobi

Member # 467

posted 07-23-2003 12:27 AM     Profile for O-B-1 Kenobi   Author's Homepage   Email O-B-1 Kenobi     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I shall join you on your noble quest Dash.
Posts: 66 | From: unknnown | Registered: May 2003  |  Logged: 164.78.252.54
BobPalpatine

Foo Fighter

Member # 17

posted 07-23-2003 01:45 AM     Profile for BobPalpatine   Author's Homepage   Email BobPalpatine     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ahh it has been tried so many times but so many people just want to RP and not post regular kinds of stuff. Beleive it or not in the beginning we planned on it being a nice discussion forum and not an RP forum. That all changed when Joey decided we'd host Darth Wicked....

Gray: Do you know where DW is these days?

--------------------

"Can't you hear my motored heart? Your the one that started it!"

-Foo Fighters "Generator"

Cogito ergo sum

BobPalpatine
Holonet Admin

Posts: 681 | From: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  Logged: 24.207.246.215
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 07-23-2003 07:52 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The last I heard from DW was a LOOOOONG time ago; I can't even recall exactly; maybe a year and a half ago or so? I think he's got another site, and is involved with online gaming and such, but what I believe to know about him is sketchy at best.

I wish he'd come back, though.

And as for the nice discussion boards, HEY!!! I agree with Dash; while the heart of it now appears to be the RP forums, we used to always get into great discussions about things. I think that SW-related discussions will pick up once Episode 3 comes out, at least I hope so.

If anyone has ideas for non-RP topics or issues lending themselves to discussion/debate, PUH-LEEZ post them!

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.208.165
Dash Kelderon

Member # 427

posted 07-28-2003 06:17 AM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Kind of ironic that I start this big BOARD REVIVAL mission and disappear for a while hunh?!?

Hopefully I won't have to disappear like that again for a while! But I may not get on very much. I've got 4 weeks to start and complete Physics 12-2 or else I can't go to college in the fall.

I hate doing these courses at home. I've been out of school since 97. But it needs to be done.

I'll try to reply every day at work, but sometimes things get too busy there too!

--------------------

Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 07-29-2003 08:12 AM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Evening,

DW shall never return. Certain people hated him so much that he's afraid to return. Good times....He hates me now too after I tricked him into thinking I was dead. Apparently he didn't find it funny, I did.

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 12.220.189.20
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 07-29-2003 10:01 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hehe... I seem to recall something about that.

Some people just have no sense of humor!

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.208.165
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 08-02-2003 04:38 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm trying my best to bring up new topics...

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05