my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Our Galaxy.......   » General Discussion   » Fantasy Novels

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Fantasy Novels
Dash Kelderon

On the Road to Redemption

Member # 427

posted 06-16-2003 05:55 PM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Does anyone else read Fantasy novels?

Forgotten Realms books in particular?

If so, do you know when A Thousand Orcs: Part one of the Hunters Blade Trilogy is due out on paperback?

--------------------

Those 2 guys may be IDIOTS... but they think the same way I do!

Posts: 655 | From: M.I,A | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 24.233.122.164
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 06-22-2003 09:36 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
no i dont... But i know that "evermeet" is a kick arse book!

--------------------

"Insert Snappy quote here"

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.8
Dash Kelderon

Member # 427

posted 06-23-2003 04:06 AM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Is that the one where the Elven God is fighting the Orc god? And Grumush loses his eye?

--------------------

Posts: 655 | From: M.I,A | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 63.88.67.230
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 06-23-2003 09:04 AM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The very same my friend

--------------------

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.80
Dash Kelderon

Member # 427

posted 06-26-2003 03:55 AM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Funny... I really couldn't get into that book. Now anything pertaining to Drizzt... Well, that's a different story!

I also like the Avatar trilogy. Where Cyric becomes a God.

It was really cool because the gods were all on Toril, and they were fighing each other. Casuing mass destruction everywhere. And the poor Clerics... they had absolutly no use of thier devine magic, as thier Gods were too busy defending themselves from one and other to spare any energy.

You should read these. The 3 books are called, Tantaras, Waterdeep, and ???

Why do I have such difficulty remembering the third name in every trilogy?!?

--------------------

Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 06-26-2003 11:10 AM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Alright...

Heh, have you read the cleric Quintet?

I dont remember what book one is called(one of my dirty bastard friends barrowed it from me and then now say's they dont have it!)

But book two is like "in sylven shaddows" and im to lazy to remember the rest.

But its a series about this Cleric named Cadderly.

Now he starts out this idiotic cleric that while utterly brilliant, and a great inventor, has absolutly no skill when it comes to devine magick...

Actauly, this story is a LOT like starwars in story structure, but the whole tale in completion is completly different

But ya, it has a GREAT story in my opinion, and it has a lot of commedy along the way...(two dwarves named ivan and pikel make the story just laugh city while your ready, i almost got in trouble for reading in class cause i couldnt stop myself from laughing)

--------------------

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.248
Dash Kelderon

Member # 427

posted 06-26-2003 11:24 AM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, Druzil, and Danica were my favorites from that series. And let's not forget Ghost...

The first book is called CANTICLE.

These were actually my first Forgotten Realms books! I Love them!

--------------------

Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 06-26-2003 07:01 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My first forgoten realms book was actualy "the crystal shard" but the cleric quintet was what got me into reading... First series i really enjoyed...

Druzil was cool...and danica was just awsome...

I still like pikels anticts though... "you turn the stopper up didnt you?"

"BOOM"

--------------------

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.198
Dash Kelderon

Member # 427

posted 06-27-2003 03:33 AM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Imagine a Dwarven Druid!!! It just seems crazy!

My favorite part with Ivan and Pikel was when they were being attacked in the Orc Dining hall and they kept getting pelted with arrows. Ivan kept yelling "Dead snake" so Pikel would stay mad and keep fighting.

--------------------

Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 06-27-2003 01:04 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ya, that was funny...

or when there using the antlers to get by the guards in the tall grass, and split around the tree while saying "oooOOOo"

"ah, what kind of dear say's 'oooo'?"

then they devide and the guards are like "HUH?"

--------------------

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.64
Dash Kelderon

Member # 427

posted 06-29-2003 03:52 AM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If you would like to read more about Cadderly, Danica, Ivan and Pikel, start reading "Servant of the Shard" and the next couple of books after it. They mainly feature Drizzt, Bruenor, Wulfgar, and Catti-Brie, but they make a trip to the Snowflake Mountains to visit the largest Library on Toril.

You may also like the parts of the books with the Drow Elves!

--------------------

Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 06-29-2003 09:06 AM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh yes, that was in the book where they took the ship to the library to seek a master cleric or something in order to see if it was realy Drizzt's father that Lloth had imprissoned wasnt it?

Unless theres another one...

But ya, isnt that the one were cadderly say's "today's my birthday... IM 25" and ivan say's "and you dont look a day over 200"

--------------------

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.125
Dash Kelderon

Member # 427

posted 06-29-2003 10:21 AM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sounds about right to me.

The Drow Wizard uses an Polymorph spell to look exactly like Cadderly and they steal the Crystal Shard.

My Fav Pikel word from that book. Refering to King Breunor Battlehammer as "Booner"

He he he! It made me laugh every time I read it!

--------------------

Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 06-29-2003 11:33 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I still like "boom"

Specialy in the last book where they are on the tree branch with the guy, and he keeps knocing ivan off by going "BOOM" and finaly he gets close to the guy and whispers "hehe... Boom"

--------------------

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.51.38
Dash Kelderon

Member # 427

posted 06-30-2003 04:46 AM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Did you happen to read the Menzoberanzan series?

Homeland
Exile
Sojourn

They are alll about Drizzt's life in the Underdark and how he comes to be a surface dweller. AWESOME!

--------------------

Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 06-30-2003 11:46 AM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nope, wanted to read them, but never got the chance.

--------------------

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.51.64

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05