my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Our Galaxy.......   » General Discussion   » Friday the 13th?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Friday the 13th?
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 06-13-2003 03:29 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How do you feel about this day?

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Dash Kelderon

On the Road to Redemption

Member # 427

posted 06-13-2003 03:33 PM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Same as any other day. Except there is a movie named after it!

--------------------

Those 2 guys may be IDIOTS... but they think the same way I do!

Posts: 655 | From: M.I,A | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 63.88.67.230
Padme of Hidden Lake

Really Nice Member

Member # 107

posted 06-13-2003 10:26 PM     Profile for Padme of Hidden Lake   Author's Homepage   Email Padme of Hidden Lake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
NOT THE DAY FOR FIELD TRIPS TO AMUSEMENT PARKS!!! today was the worst! I'm cold exhausted and still have to get up and teachin the morning!

--------------------

A friend once told me "The Turtle Moves" I think we should all remember that right now...
Don't dance to live, live to dance!

Posts: 319 | From: Wandering the planet | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 204.168.82.9
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 06-13-2003 10:35 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You have to teach on Saturdays, bummer..

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Dash Kelderon

Member # 427

posted 06-13-2003 10:38 PM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Geeze! I'm glad I didn't have you as a teacher! Making the students come to school on Saturday! What about the cartoons they will be missing?

--------------------

Posts: 655 | From: M.I,A | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 24.233.122.164
MindMaster

Member # 474

posted 06-13-2003 11:33 PM     Profile for MindMaster   Author's Homepage   Email MindMaster     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Huh. I had a blast today. We went to MGM Studios in Disney World, because we're vacationing there. Nothing unlucky about it.

--------------------

I am the MindMaster. None can resist my control.

Posts: 29 | From: A secret place | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 4.72.94.132
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 06-14-2003 12:25 AM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You lucky bastard you...heh

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

MindMaster

Member # 474

posted 06-14-2003 06:37 AM     Profile for MindMaster   Author's Homepage   Email MindMaster     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thank you. I know, I'm quite lucky. We're having lots and lots of fun...
*Evil cackle*

--------------------

I am the MindMaster. None can resist my control.

Posts: 29 | From: A secret place | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 4.72.73.147
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 06-14-2003 09:45 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Laptop??? Or hotel's complimentary computer?

Lessee... DisneyWorld... Pirates of the Caribbean is neat, as is the Future City section... but try to get to Universal studios. That's where it's REEEEALLY great.

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.208.165
Padme of Hidden Lake

Really Nice Member

Member # 107

posted 06-14-2003 10:02 AM     Profile for Padme of Hidden Lake   Author's Homepage   Email Padme of Hidden Lake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
no we aren't MAKING the kids come to school it's there choice - Franklin holds Saturday school for 3 hours in the morning for about a month before the regents to help teh students who want extra help in thier regents/finals prep - totally voluntary for everyone (including me but i needed the student teaching hours)

--------------------

A friend once told me "The Turtle Moves" I think we should all remember that right now...

Posts: 319 | From: Wandering the planet | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 204.168.82.9
Dash Kelderon

Member # 427

posted 06-14-2003 11:33 AM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh. So it is totally voluntary for the students. I appologize. I din't realize that. But it really sucks tat you HAVE to go Padme.

--------------------

Posts: 655 | From: M.I,A | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 63.88.67.230
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 06-14-2003 02:41 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How on earth can you need student teaching hours this late in the semester... er, AFTER the semester??? Don't they allot you enough time to student teach in the regular course of the semester? I was given a semester, more than enough time to collect the hours I needed. Kinda shaky to have to rely on a summer session; don't you get to graduate with your class now?

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
Dash Kelderon

Member # 427

posted 06-15-2003 06:46 PM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Does the amount of Students you get to teach affect the number of hours you aquire?

This may sound like a stupid question... But if there is only ONE student, does it count as the same as if you taught 30?

--------------------

Posts: 655 | From: M.I,A | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 24.233.122.164
Padme of Hidden Lake

Really Nice Member

Member # 107

posted 06-16-2003 08:13 PM     Profile for Padme of Hidden Lake   Author's Homepage   Email Padme of Hidden Lake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
GS - well... our school is all mixed up and backwards see they give us 3 placements - the first of which being secondary special ed during the summer session, then we have to go on and do 2 more (elementary this time) placements in the fall - so this placement didn't start until mid May - though it is only 31 days (the others are a little bit longer). ut yes it is stupid to do it now.... We do get 2 certifications for this though (4 for those graduating after Dec. 2003). And yes I didn't end up graduating on time but that was moer because I switched majors and had to basically start over again my sophmore year. I SHOULD have graduated last Dec. at the latest - May 2002 was the original date for me.

Dash - the number of students doesn't affect hours (thank GOD!) with special education 5 kids can seem like 50 depending on how they are behaved and what their needs are so really a 6 person special ed class is just as if not more demanding than a full class of 20 in the elementary schools.

--------------------

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05