my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Our Galaxy.......   » General Discussion   » Another incident in "Freeing Iraq"...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Another incident in "Freeing Iraq"...
TheKnot

Member # 213

posted 05-30-2003 01:22 PM     Profile for TheKnot   Author's Homepage   Email TheKnot     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/05/29/1054177674323.html

Excuse me while I throw up in disgust.

--------------------

Take President 'Dubya' Bush and cut him in two. On the left side, there will be nothing right and on the right side, there will be nothing left.

Posts: 204 | From: Maryland | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 68.50.185.134
Taehun

Dark Jedi

Member # 290

posted 05-30-2003 04:07 PM     Profile for Taehun   Author's Homepage   Email Taehun     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So then what would you do if you were in a country where many of the people may be hostile against you, and you were walking along on a patrol, and all of a suden you hear gunfire that doesn't match the sound of an M-16 or any other American rifle?

I just wanted to know how you'd react before any judgement is passed.

--------------------

All in all it was just another brick in the wall,
all in all you were just another brick in the wall.

Posts: 248 | From: USAFA, CO | Registered: Jul 2002  |  Logged: 198.81.26.206
TheKnot

Member # 213

posted 05-30-2003 05:21 PM     Profile for TheKnot   Author's Homepage   Email TheKnot     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'd do some observation first. But then again, thats probably what the soldiers did before they opened fire. I mean, they didn't start firing until minutes after the celebratory shooting stopped, right?

--------------------

Take President 'Dubya' Bush and cut him in two. On the left side, there will be nothing right and on the right side, there will be nothing left.

Taehun

Dark Jedi

Member # 290

posted 05-30-2003 10:47 PM     Profile for Taehun   Author's Homepage   Email Taehun     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok, hypothetical situation...

You hear gunfire, probably from an AK. You run over to where the gunfire came from, and see a bunch of people with rifles. They see you with gun in hand, and instinctively point the gun at you.

Do you wait for them to shoot you, or do you shoot first?

See, I think there's just too many "what-ifs" and details that I am not aware of. Ergo, I don't "throw up in disgust" upon hearing of this incident.

--------------------

Posts: 248 | From: USAFA, CO | Registered: Jul 2002  |  Logged: 198.81.26.206
TheKnot

Member # 213

posted 05-31-2003 09:06 AM     Profile for TheKnot   Author's Homepage   Email TheKnot     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's not just the shootings I was referring to. It was also the the aftermath. Why would you go into a hospital full of people injured during this war still wearing military attire and carrying guns?

And lets not forget that curfew the soldiers placed on the Iraqis after the shooting...

--------------------

Taehun

Dark Jedi

Member # 290

posted 05-31-2003 06:19 PM     Profile for Taehun   Author's Homepage   Email Taehun     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I recall many of the major battles in this war taking place around hospitals...and as for the military attire...I'm pretty sure they didnt' have many civilian clothes on them, and if they were on duty, they wouldn't be wearing them anyway.

--------------------

Posts: 248 | From: USAFA, CO | Registered: Jul 2002  |  Logged: 172.199.235.150
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 05-31-2003 06:46 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You must pardon me while I too throw up my hands in disgust. Only it's not over this purported incident -- YES I SAID PURPORTED, REMEMBER THERE ARE REPORTERS OVER THERE LYING THROUGH THEIR TEETH-- but rather for the fact that it had to be reported at all.

Always the negative; here we go back to "the United States got rid of Saddam; now let's all go back to dragging her name through the mud again, why don't we...." Who is behind the media coverage anyway, France???

And if indeed this IS true... well. The idiots had their orders; what the heck did they expect? We just got over the main part of this war, where weapons were indeed stashed inside hospitals and used by sneaks who don't know how to fight honorably. They were told, "NO WEAPONS SHOOTING;" heck, that's just asking to be shot back at. You think they'd get a clue. And the curfew is for the good of the population; there are still Bath sympathizers and suicide fighters lurking around. I can see the reasoning for the curfew, and indeed for the order to not shoot off guns.

Sheesh. I have no pity for idiocy.

[ 05-31-2003 06:49 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.208.165
Dash Kelderon

On the Road to Redemption

Member # 427

posted 06-08-2003 11:07 AM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There is nothing to say that there isn't still a major political leader out there that is still at large. Secretly recruiting for one last strike against the Americans. The curfew certaily helps keep tabs on everyone. Becaus ethe last thing we all need is another SADDAM! He has become somewhat of a Martyr. To some people anyway. I don' really know who would idolize a barbarian like him but it does happen.

--------------------

Those 2 guys may be IDIOTS... but they think the same way I do!

Posts: 655 | From: M.I,A | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 63.88.67.230
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 06-10-2003 01:48 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well the closest thing we have to Saddam now is Osoma, and we still haven't even captured this guy....

Baka!

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05