my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Our Galaxy.......   » General Discussion   » Tomothy McVeigh

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Tomothy McVeigh
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 06-01-2001 01:02 AM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Am I the only person who understands this man?

My thoughts on the whole thing go against what a lot of people think. Maybe if I explain it, people will understand.

I totally understand how the victim's families feel, and how the majority of the country feel. I agree with those feelings totally, but I can also see things the other way around.

There are two ways to look at it:

1. Tim McVeigh killed all those innocent people, and he should die for it, because of the pain he caused.

2. Tim McVeigh did what he did because of things the government did, like Waco. And he saw that it wasn't working to change itself.

Am I the only one that can understand #2? If you put yourself in that state of mind, it really does justify what he did.

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 172.136.192.245
Dash

Wise Ass

Member # 83

posted 06-01-2001 03:27 PM     Profile for Dash   Author's Homepage   Email Dash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
can't we all just get along?

--------------------

If I cared I'd be smiling right now :{

Posts: 288 | From: Hell | Registered: Nov 2000  |  Logged: 172.148.161.67
Padme of Hidden Lake

Really Nice Member

Member # 107

posted 06-01-2001 04:45 PM     Profile for Padme of Hidden Lake   Author's Homepage   Email Padme of Hidden Lake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I can't see how killing can be justified in anyway - there are other ways to get the government to change it's ways - which it didn't after the bombing - than killing innocent people that couldn't have changed things if they wanted to. My uncle works for the Feds and trust me the people at the level of those in that building have no real say in anything - they just have to do what they are told by those we voted into power - the most he can do is say "this report doesn't follow proper procedures rewrite it." I have no sympathy for people who kill to get thier way - and if you feel that is the only way things will change - at least don't kill those who only do what they are told - go for the bigwigs in Washington - not that I agree with that either - but don't punish people for where they get their paycheck.

--------------------

A friend once told me "The Turtle Moves" I think we should all remember that right now...
Don't dance to live, live to dance!

Posts: 319 | From: Wandering the planet | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 216.238.140.67
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 06-01-2001 05:29 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The government did the same thing he did at Waco and Ruby Ridge. While I won't say these groups were something I would support, he justified the killings done by the government by killing people who worked for the government. I'm not saying that it was ok for him to kill, I'm just saying I understand why he did it.

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 172.145.27.230
Dash

Wise Ass

Member # 83

posted 06-21-2001 05:31 PM     Profile for Dash   Author's Homepage   Email Dash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hes toast

--------------------

If I cared I'd be smiling right now :{

Posts: 288 | From: Hell | Registered: Nov 2000  |  Logged: 172.156.229.77

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05