my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Our Galaxy.......   » General Discussion   » This is just sad

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: This is just sad
arogers1102

Super Saiyan Jedi

Member # 422

posted 02-21-2003 08:22 AM     Profile for arogers1102   Author's Homepage   Email arogers1102     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Perhaps in our rhoughts and prayers tonight we should include the little girl who has inadvertantly received the wrong organ during her transplant. Currently she is holding on... but barely. Let our prayers and well wishes be heard by GOD so he will look after this poor little girl and her family in this very trying time!

--------------------

o{///////0//)={#################################
Which STAR WARS character does GOKU remind you of in my avatar picture???
Anybody picture LUKE in the BACTA tank???

Posts: 105 | From: New Brunswick (eastern CANADA) | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 24.233.122.164
TheKnot

Member # 213

posted 02-22-2003 09:48 PM     Profile for TheKnot   Author's Homepage   Email TheKnot     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
She's dead...just looked at the article today...The doctors declared her brain dead and pulled the plug...

God, that sucks...

--------------------

Take President 'Dubya' Bush and cut him in two. On the left side, there will be nothing right and on the right side, there will be nothing left.

Posts: 204 | From: Maryland | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 68.50.185.134
arogers1102

Super Saiyan Jedi

Member # 422

posted 02-23-2003 09:33 AM     Profile for arogers1102   Author's Homepage   Email arogers1102     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I hadn't heard that piece of bad news until now. Let our hearts go out to that poor little girls family and friends now.

--------------------

o{///////0//)={#################################
Which STAR WARS character does GOKU remind you of in my avatar picture???
Anybody picture LUKE in the BACTA tank???

Posts: 105 | From: New Brunswick (eastern CANADA) | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 24.233.122.164
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 02-23-2003 12:20 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Indeed, let's all keep the family in our hearts at this terrible time... and hope they find it in their hearts to forgive. For we are human, and make mistakes, as we all seem to forget from time to time.

What irritates me is the fact that the article mentioned a charity foundation that had been put together to pay Jessica's hospital bills.

That hospital better swallow it all. It had just better not charge one red cent....

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
Taehun

Dark Jedi

Member # 290

posted 02-23-2003 04:14 PM     Profile for Taehun   Author's Homepage   Email Taehun     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
As sad as the story for about the girl is, I gotta say that I feel pretty bad for the doctor that actually performed the operation. If I was him, I'd probably be jumping out a window right now...

--------------------

All in all it was just another brick in the wall,
all in all you were just another brick in the wall.

Posts: 248 | From: USAFA, CO | Registered: Jul 2002  |  Logged: 198.81.26.170
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 02-23-2003 04:31 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I feel way sadder for the poor schmuck of a clerk who probably was daydreaming about his upcoming weekend off when he typed in the wrong blood type for the donor organs...

Unless he's some malicious so and so who did it on purpose.

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 02-23-2003 11:11 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It wasn't the doc's fault...

And, I don't feel sorry for the staff member that fooled up... that's their job, NOT to get it wrong... I don't care if human beings make mistakes, if your job relies on human life, and it's as simple as recording the correct blood type, there is no acceptance of error...

Sorry, I think they should lose their job, and all credibility with anything close to the job field...

Having said that, I can feel sorry for the clerk... after all, I'm not heartless... I am a human being too...

[ 02-24-2003 02:36 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Loban ]

--------------------

In the absence of light, darkness prevails

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 208.61.78.37
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 02-23-2003 11:56 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Am I a heartless fiend?

I feel bad, and it's sad that it happened, but people talk about this as if it's a national tragedy. Yes, a girl died, and that's a horrible thing, but am I a fiend for not weeping?

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 12.220.189.20
Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 02-24-2003 11:30 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No, it's not a national tragedy. But it's definitely a terrible "example" if you will of how our medical system works. Sometimes it seems like the things that really count are glossed over...

...I mean, why didn't SOMEONE notice that somewhere in that girl's files her blood type had been recorded as two different things? The clerk had to get wrong from SOMEWHERE. And if it wasn't the poor clerk, then who the hell is testing our blood for the type? There's alot of carelessness going on around America's medical world, and it's frightening; we take it for granted that we have good medical service, but we don't realize that there are folks out there in the med field who aren't paying attention or giving a damn about what they do. It probably WASN'T intentional...God, I sure hope it wasn't...but if someone had been certain to dot their i's and cross all their t's...

...that little girl would still be here.

But I think that's the heart of the matter, if you caught what I mean amidst all my rambling...

[ 02-24-2003 11:32 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Mara1Jade ]

--------------------

Small minds think in small terms!
~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 66.20.157.191
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 02-24-2003 11:47 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Who's to say she would have accepted the transplant even if it was the correct blood type, there were far more risks she didn't get a chance to overcome...

--------------------

In the absence of light, darkness prevails

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.162.18
Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 02-24-2003 11:59 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well if you want to get extremely technical, she would have had a MUCH HIGHER CHANCE of survival with organs that matched her blood type.

--------------------

Small minds think in small terms!
~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 66.20.157.191
Padme of Hidden Lake

Really Nice Member

Member # 107

posted 03-03-2003 07:35 PM     Profile for Padme of Hidden Lake   Author's Homepage   Email Padme of Hidden Lake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yikes I didn't hear about this one - poor family... That's aweful...

--------------------

A friend once told me "The Turtle Moves" I think we should all remember that right now...
Don't dance to live, live to dance!

Posts: 319 | From: Wandering the planet | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 204.168.82.9

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05