my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Our Galaxy.......   » General Discussion   » AIR CANADA

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: AIR CANADA
arogers1102

Super Saiyan Jedi

Member # 422

posted 02-11-2003 12:02 PM     Profile for arogers1102   Author's Homepage   Email arogers1102     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You may or may not really care about thi sissue, but what are your feelings on the AIR CANADA situation... Apparently, AIR CANADA, is looking into mass lay offs, selling divisions, and or filing for bankrupcy protection. AIR CANADA is CANADA's #1 air line... and possibly a little over staffed. But there are a great deal of employees that are going to be retiring in the next year or 2. Should the Federal Government kick in and top up the pensions of the people who are about to retire, in order to save the company now?

--------------------

o{///////0//)={#################################
Which STAR WARS character does GOKU remind you of in my avatar picture???
Anybody picture LUKE in the BACTA tank???

Posts: 105 | From: New Brunswick (eastern CANADA) | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 24.231.28.200
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 02-11-2003 04:09 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't know a lot about Canada, so I wouldn't know how this would effect your economy, but just about every airline here in the state's has had that problem. They'll be alright.

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 12.220.189.20
arogers1102

Super Saiyan Jedi

Member # 422

posted 02-11-2003 11:13 PM     Profile for arogers1102   Author's Homepage   Email arogers1102     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I guess that I am more worried for my own family than AIR CANADA itself. My wife works there, and it would not be good if I were the only provider in the family with my salary. She makes more than I do!!! (I'm cool with that) So I just hope that the GOVT does kick in and let those that are close to retirement, retire now with FULL pensions. If they don't kick in... they are just going to be paying out UNEMPLOYMENT to all those who were laid off anyway... May as well take the hit with the retiree's I say.

--------------------

o{///////0//)={#################################
Which STAR WARS character does GOKU remind you of in my avatar picture???
Anybody picture LUKE in the BACTA tank???

Posts: 105 | From: New Brunswick (eastern CANADA) | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 24.231.28.200

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05