my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Our Galaxy.......   » General Discussion   » Gimme Half A Chance... PLEASE

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Gimme Half A Chance... PLEASE
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 01-06-2003 06:30 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ahh-hhh... I see another issue has entered into the GO TO WAR-DO NOT GO TO WAR fray: the price of oil. Iraqi oil reserves are second to the Saudis... experts (in their infinite wisdom) are predicting (now get this) that in case of war, depending on whether or not the oil fields burn or not, and who ends up winning and how long it takes, that gas prices here could plummet as low as $1.10 a gallon, could soar to as high as $4.84 a gallon, or remain where they currently are at $1.40 - $1.60 a gallon (all on average).

Gosh wee... this tells me so much.

They haven't a clue, sheesh.

Tell ya what... as much as I don't think we should go to war, what about this scenario:

Warn the Israelis: GET THE HELL AWAY. FAR, FAR AWAY. Take as many innocents with you as you can. Warn the people. Let them know we're serious.

Nuke the Mid-East to slag.

Move in with our troops, claim the lands as the fruits of war. Annex the lands, whatever it takes.

"WE TAKE THIS IN THE NAME OF THE UNITED STATES, AND THIS WILL SHOW YOU WHAT WE DO TO PEOPLE WHO ATTACK US FOOLISHLY AND THEN PRETEND TO (1) BE OUR FRIENDS; AND (2) TRY TO STATE THEIR INNOCENCE.

Heheh.

End of the story, we win the oil fields (ok, so they're radioactive, hey, we have those funny zoot-suits we can work in; at least the oil is safe underground) and our wealth and power soar.

Anyone who blinks, we aim a nuke at them.

We end up owners of the world, and America remains the happy fat cat it is.

Hey... it works for me.

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
TheKnot

Member # 213

posted 01-06-2003 09:56 PM     Profile for TheKnot   Author's Homepage   Email TheKnot     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great plan.

Oh, lets fire a nuke at North Korea while we're at it. Sure they haven't declared war on us (publicly), but it will make the South Koreans very happy.

But why stop there? Lets also erase the following countries:

China
Vietnam (Better late than never)
Cuba (Hope those Floridans wear some sunscreen)
The USSR ("The Soviet Union? I thought they broke up." Yes, thats what they WANT you to think!)

We should also place death--I mean "happy camps" in our Middle Eastern conquests for any captured terrorist.

Afterwards, we'll rename ourselves as the Fourth Reich, dismantle the Senate, Congress, and the House of Representatives, declare martial law, and enroll kids into military programs! THEN we can rule the world!!!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

Take President 'Dubya' Bush and cut him in two. On the left side, there will be nothing right and on the right side, there will be nothing left.

Posts: 204 | From: Maryland | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 68.50.185.134
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 01-06-2003 11:21 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, it works for me!

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 01-11-2003 05:17 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hey, if there is only one nation, then there will be a booming economy, cause think about it, we will have everything, there is no trade issues to raise and lower prices, thigns will even out, no more tarrifs, and such, so heh, ya, works for me...

--------------------

"Insert Snappy quote here"

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.10
arogers1102

Super Saiyan Jedi

Member # 422

posted 02-12-2003 10:35 AM     Profile for arogers1102   Author's Homepage   Email arogers1102     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think CANADA should invade IRAQ, I mean we have been labels "The Big FRIENDLY Counrt in the East" we should go over there take out Saddam and his buddies. Hell, take out a few surrounding countries while we're at it. Then about a week later, when everyone realizes what has happened, they'll say "HOLLY $hit" "CANADA has SNAPPED" "They were such a friendly country"!!!

--------------------

o{///////0//)={#################################
Which STAR WARS character does GOKU remind you of in my avatar picture???
Anybody picture LUKE in the BACTA tank???

Posts: 105 | From: New Brunswick (eastern CANADA) | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 24.231.28.200
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 02-12-2003 12:01 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
HEY, WORKS FOR ME!!!

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.107.22
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 02-12-2003 01:45 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
*Floridan

--------------------

In the absence of light, darkness prevails

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.161.95
Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 02-15-2003 11:47 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Gas IS damn expensive here right now...

...I say we take over the world's oil supply, like NOW!

[ 02-15-2003 11:48 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Mara1Jade ]

--------------------

Small minds think in small terms!
~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 65.80.105.224

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05