my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Our Galaxy.......   » General Discussion   » Look for.....

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Look for.....
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 12-27-2002 09:32 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Word from the inside, look for war to begin on January 11. If circumstances arrive it could be sooner, but as for now it's the 11th.

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 12.220.189.75
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 12-27-2002 09:41 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What a dumby, dumb George Bush

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 12-27-2002 11:41 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Please... do NOT, and I repeat, do NOT get me started!

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3905 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199
Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 12-27-2002 11:43 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So I suppose we should just sit around and twiddle our thumbs and WAIT for him to attack us with one of his biological warfare weapons BEFORE we do anything?

--------------------

Small minds think in small terms!
~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 980 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 65.80.107.75
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 12-27-2002 11:45 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So you dont see the self-orientated point of the situation meanwhile making it seem as though it's a worldy horrible confrontation-but all it is going to do is destroy the land around there which they are attempting to protect. If they actually do have nuclear power wouldn't they launch it during the attack, and even if they were to move the situation here, we'd be in trouble of killing, running down our government. I kinda am lingering toward Anakin's side and I believe that he is right on this nuclear thing.

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 12-27-2002 11:46 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mara, I agree. But, what proof have you or I seen that those weapons exist? If they do, we do need to go in there, but I don't think we should until the President shows us that they really exist.

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 12.220.189.75
Mara1Jade

Member # 68

posted 12-27-2002 11:53 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well lessee. There's the Persian Gulf War, where those particular sorts of weapons WERE USED. Saddam has repeatedly "dodged" inspections, then invited us in later. Seems RATHER suspicous to me. You don't dodge then invite in later unless you are buying time to cover something.

And as for us being "self-centered", there is just as much likelyhood of Saddam and his pals using biological warfare on the Saudis and other Middle Easterners. He's done it before. I don't know that he's got anything nuclear or not. But he's got the biological stuff.

--------------------

~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 980 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 65.80.107.75
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 12-27-2002 11:58 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It isn't that of us as the citizens being self-centered, it is that of the president himself. Do you see my point, he is attempting to start this actions before even knowing the fact that we even have one, meanwhile their is only two years before his time is up, and this action will probably create a war that would last this long. Do you know how this will effect the voting output, do you see how he'll possibly be once again office. It's a self-centered action, throwing out our military, "our boys" and watching them die for a situation that still hasn't revealed itself.

Yes we must attack if it is needed, but yet we still have no real evidence, only hypothesis.

He's an idiotic fool....can't barley even read, crack-head

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Mara1Jade

Member # 68

posted 12-28-2002 12:09 AM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok, I don't know where you get the "he can't read" crap but whatever. It's ok for you to argue your point, but you could at least argue the points, ask you were, instead of name-calling.

Did you know he has dyslexia, which affects how he reads? Probably not.

And I don't think the war is a re-election ploy.

[ 12-28-2002 12:10 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Mara1Jade ]

--------------------

Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 12-28-2002 12:14 AM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
First to Mara: Yes, he's done it in the past, yes, a lot of arrows point to him having them, but we must remember something, there is reasonable doubt. When reasonable doubt exists, you don't convict. The burden of proof is on the president, if he wants this war. Sure, I belive Saddam has these things, and I think we need to go in, but if we let him go in without showing the proof, then it's a green light for any other president to go anywhere without proof.

Lumbia: The President, I believe, as stupid an ignorant as he is, is not that bad of a person to do what you're implying.

--------------------

Support Progress

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 12-28-2002 12:20 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Actually, I lean toward agreeing with Lumbia. The war is NOT Dubbya's war, but DADDY Bush's war. He's just the puppet. Daddy is mad he didn't get Saddam when he had the chance. Saddam meanwhile is at least on the surface doing his best to remain unto himself, I think. Then here we go pushing our nose into his affairs.

NOW: if he is a member of UN, and it's illegal with UN to have biological weapons and so on, then ok, we go in and clean his closet. BUT if we have no real proof that he has them, we have no right in going in.

Just because he DID doesn't necessarly preclude that he DOES. Even though gut instinct says, "Yeah, he does."

I am sorry. I do not think we are in a strike first situation. This is all an attempt to gain/regain popularity and win the vote in 2004... although I guarantee he's going to win then, too, just you wait and see.

--------------------

Posts: 3905 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199
Mara1Jade

Member # 68

posted 12-28-2002 12:26 AM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I HIGHLY DOUBT those who will vote for Bush in 2004 will vote for him "because he took us into this war." That really means NOTHING in the grand spectrum of things.

But hey, that's just me. And I have at least one relative walking into this war, possibly on front lines. So my stance isn't because this doesn't affect me pretty closely.

--------------------

Taehun

Dark Jedi

Member # 290

posted 12-28-2002 12:40 AM     Profile for Taehun   Author's Homepage   Email Taehun     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So then...if the intelligence our government is claiming to have is false, how come the UK is corroborating with it? They claim to have intelligence saying that Irag has in its possession weapons of mass destruction as well. Even though we are good allies, I don't think the UK would allow itself to be dragged into a war if there wasn't a good reason.

Another thought - there is a possibility that we're not revealing this intelligence to the press because of operational security. I remember,(not too well, since I was like 7 at the time) that we were landing marines in Somalia, and they were greeted by reporters while arriving there. It was almost as if we were announcing our troop movements to the world.

Now granted, this situation is a little different, but I still think that operational security might be the reason why nothing has been revealed yet.

--------------------

All in all it was just another brick in the wall,
all in all you were just another brick in the wall.

Posts: 248 | From: USAFA, CO | Registered: Jul 2002  |  Logged: 198.81.26.170
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 12-28-2002 12:47 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Good point, Taehun... but YE GODS. We're talking war here. I think the need for "operational stealth" is over. If they have proof, they'd better durn well let the people know. Otherwise peoples' lives are going on the line for strong speculation and beliefs.

But then... it wouldn't be the first war to be based upon a belief.

Don't get me started there, either.

--------------------

Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 12-28-2002 12:49 AM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There is no reason that one photograph, or one document cannot be released as proof. If they have photos of the bombs, they can show us them without revealing where they are. There are ways to show us without shwoing us too much. The UK has joined in the fight, whoopdie doo. If nothing else, the nature of the proof needs to be explained.

--------------------

Support Progress

Taehun

Dark Jedi

Member # 290

posted 12-28-2002 12:51 AM     Profile for Taehun   Author's Homepage   Email Taehun     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, a little crusade here, a little jihad there, it's good to purge the bad blood out...literally.

heh, sorry, that was kinda morbid. I'm incredibly bored tonight, and I don't have the car, so I'm writing the first thing that comes into my head.

[ 12-28-2002 12:51 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Taehun ]

--------------------

Taehun

Dark Jedi

Member # 290

posted 12-28-2002 12:52 AM     Profile for Taehun   Author's Homepage   Email Taehun     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Anakin, my point wasn't that the UK has joined the fight. My point was that they claim to also have intelligence that shows that Iraq has these weapons.

[ 12-28-2002 12:53 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Taehun ]

--------------------

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 12-28-2002 12:54 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Best buds support each other, ya know...

--------------------

Taehun

Dark Jedi

Member # 290

posted 12-28-2002 01:03 AM     Profile for Taehun   Author's Homepage   Email Taehun     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Best buds support each other, ya know...

Shh!! Quiet you!!

--------------------

Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 12-31-2002 12:29 AM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, this is an odd situation, for once marra is in a "kill them all" argumental mode... have not seen this before...

I gotta say though, this is something you can not approuch in that attitude, i mean, come on... if we go in and attack them, with no proof that they have weapons, and i mean SOLID proof, that CAN NOT be disputed, then we are no worse then we claim them to be.

We are fearing they have weapons they will use against us, well, ah, if that is so wrong, then we shouldnt jump the gun and attack them first.

"im afraid you might kill me, so im just gonna kill you first just in case" doesnt cut it...

Ok, thats my two sense... bye

--------------------

"Insert Snappy quote here"

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.224

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05