my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Our Galaxy.......   » General Discussion   » Born out of wedlock

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Born out of wedlock
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 09-07-2002 01:34 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Does the term Bastard offend you... if it was used in its correct form?

Lets hear your opinions...

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.161.254
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-07-2002 09:56 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Nope, and it doesn't even trip my trigger when used in any other manner either.

Has an idea where you may be going with this...

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 09-07-2002 12:13 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
heh, nope, I don't wish to use it in role playing...

If that is what you meant...

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.161.254
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 09-10-2002 12:14 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
how about SOB... does that offend you?
Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.163.115
Taehun

Dark Jedi

Member # 290

posted 09-10-2002 12:39 AM     Profile for Taehun   Author's Homepage   Email Taehun     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Oh 'stuff'. I think I know where this discussion is headed.

--------------------

All in all it was just another brick in the wall,
all in all you were just another brick in the wall.

Posts: 248 | From: USAFA, CO | Registered: Jul 2002  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 09-10-2002 12:43 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
very observant, Mr. Taehun...

but, I don't plan on using it, just curious...

[ 09-10-2002 12:44 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Loban ]

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.163.115
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 09-10-2002 04:09 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
No, you can't use SOB in the role playing. The vulgar words are no nos. Such as the f word, the s word, the b word, the d word, any word pertaining to the female genitalia. I would prefer no use of the word bastard also, unless you're talking about a child born out of wedlock.

No, it may not bother you, and to be honest it doesn't bother me too much, but what would people just browsing think if they say it everywhere? I know I wouldn't stay at a site that used the word a lot, or with people calling each other bastards. Even though it is just role playing, the word is still there.

Remember though, once in a while, it's ok to use a word. This isn't cencorship. But overuse of the word will be edited, and if it's starts to be a problem, I'll email you or something.

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 12.220.189.75
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-10-2002 04:24 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I then ASSUME that words pertaining to MALE genitalia are likewise no-no's?

Let's not be sexist... or can I say that word?

Members already know we strive to run a PG site here; it's in the rules. I am already deleting out the "s-word" where I find it (ANI, TALK TO CERTAIN MEMBERS ABOUT THEIR SIGS) and the "d" word is in fact used sparingly in RPG, and only where necessary.

Anyway, the question was if I was offended by the (DAREN'T SAY IT NOW!!!) "wedlock-oriented b-word"... NOT if it could be used in role play.

...and my answer was no. TO BOTH... if anyone had bothered to CLARIFY THE QUESTION TO ME.

[ 09-10-2002 04:30 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 09-10-2002 09:14 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
LET ME CLARIFY SOMETHING. When I said the d word I DID NOT mean damn. Damn and Hell are ok words, so long as they aren't overused. I was talking about the word that is short for Richard.

GS, that's why I didn't say male genitalia. Of course I can think of a few more words that pertain to that, but those are also no-nos.

Look folks, if you can't write a good story without using those words, you can't write a good story. Yes, sometimes they show the feeling of a character towards an event or another character, and when necessary, you can use them. I'm not saying no all the time, only when it is overused. The only word I say absolutely cannot be used is the f word.

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 12.220.189.75

All times are CT  

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05