my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Our Galaxy.......   » General Discussion   » Choice or No?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Choice or No?
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 08-21-2002 10:01 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Most Pro-Choice people tend to be liberal. Most Pro-Life people tend to be more religious, and lean toward the right. I'm different, I'm a liberal, and completely Pro-Life.

What are you?

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 12.220.189.75
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-21-2002 10:09 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Definitely pro-Life. A baby is a baby, no matter how small. Medical science can "save" mothers if there is anything threatening her regarding the delivery; psychiatrists are on hand in the case of rape or incest. But a life is a life, and to end it prematurely is nothing short of murder.

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.198.166
Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 08-21-2002 10:20 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, I'm Pro-life. And not only for religious reasons, but for medical reasons. There is soooo much evidence to support the fact that the baby is ALIVE. Babies have brainwaves and heartbeats LONG before they are ever born.

--------------------

Small minds think in small terms!
~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 66.20.157.61
Taehun

Dark Jedi

Member # 290

posted 08-22-2002 12:53 AM     Profile for Taehun   Author's Homepage   Email Taehun     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Conservative, religious, and pro-life.

--------------------

All in all it was just another brick in the wall,
all in all you were just another brick in the wall.

Posts: 248 | From: USAFA, CO | Registered: Jul 2002  |  Logged: 198.81.16.162
Padme of Hidden Lake

Really Nice Member

Member # 107

posted 08-27-2002 09:20 PM     Profile for Padme of Hidden Lake   Author's Homepage   Email Padme of Hidden Lake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Pro-life: For many reasons - #1 being a life is a life from the moment of conception on.
#2 being that even if the mother doesn't want the child there are so many couples and other people who want children - who really want them and can't have them - adoption would make both parties happy. And #3 even if the mother says she really wants it the emotion and physical affects it could have on her could be very serious and no one would know what they would be for that individual person until it is too late.

--------------------

A friend once told me "The Turtle Moves" I think we should all remember that right now...
Don't dance to live, live to dance!

Posts: 319 | From: Wandering the planet | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 204.168.82.9
BobPalpatine

Foo Fighter

Member # 17

posted 08-27-2002 11:26 PM     Profile for BobPalpatine   Author's Homepage   Email BobPalpatine     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am totally Pro-life, thank God this is an issue most of us agree on. This one can get messy, even more messy than some of our other debates.

My thoughts on the issue is that if you are old enough to do the deed, and get pregnant. Then you are old enough to carry that baby. If you made a choice to have sex, you should accept the responsibility of having a child.

I think its murder, a child is a child. Not something that is supposed to be disposed of when you get tired of it.

What really irks me is the people who are trying to make abortion last up to 6 months after birth. Although now because laws today are leaning more towards pro-life, that will thankfully never happen. I hope....

There is a difference between a mass of cells, and a living child. And even though they are in the womb, it is still a child.

--------------------

"Can't you hear my motored heart? Your the one that started it!"

-Foo Fighters "Generator"

Cogito ergo sum

BobPalpatine
Holonet Admin

Posts: 681 | From: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  Logged: 204.184.55.166

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05