my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Our Galaxy.......   » General Discussion   » Up For "Grabs" (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Up For "Grabs"
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 08-18-2002 12:34 AM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
heh, i kinda like lumbia's spelling, it make's mine look wonderful! hehe, and as for one evil action thing, that is so true...like my friend, guess what, he wants to kill you all, no hard feelings...

--------------------

"Insert Snappy quote here"

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.72.226
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 08-18-2002 10:50 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
4 year olds don't torment.....the only thing that would start name calling with 4 year olds is one little brat taking the other little brat's toy. They don't form into groups and make fun of the other four year old cause he's not like them...

and calling a 4 year old ignorant is just stupid, they're 4 years old, what do you expect?

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 12.220.189.75
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 08-18-2002 11:03 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I would have to agree.... 4 year olds dont make fun of eachother, they may say "heh, i got a better captin insano action figure then you!" but thats about it...its not intill you hit 10 that you start becoming self concieus, and that others start makign fun of you..hell, with me it was 13, but that was only from idiots,that had no clue what they are talking about...heh, my last name got made fun of, thats about it.

--------------------

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.133
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 08-18-2002 11:21 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, I've worked with 4 year olds, they don't make fun of each other. Name calling is not making fun, they name call, bite, and hit when they want their toy back, but making fun of someone is completely different.

Would I be wrong to call you ignorant? Since you can't spell...

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 12.220.189.75
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 08-19-2002 02:01 AM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
who...me? or lumbia? we both have horrid spelling... heh, oh well. And as for ignorant, spelling wise, yes, i am ignorant, i do try to learn to spell words, but im to ignorant to actauly put effort into it... and im stuborn as hell, as for lumbia, well, i guess i cant judge him can i?

--------------------

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.73
Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 08-19-2002 11:34 AM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Somehow I believe we are just a wee bit off topic here.

--------------------

Small minds think in small terms!
~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 66.20.157.61
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 08-19-2002 02:03 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
off topic? us? NEVER! were totaly on topic...umm...what was the topic? oh ya...cloning

NEVER clone a dog...but baby's are ok, sometimes...not a lot...

there, see?totaly on topic!

--------------------

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.51.159
BobPalpatine

Foo Fighter

Member # 17

posted 08-19-2002 03:23 PM     Profile for BobPalpatine   Author's Homepage   Email BobPalpatine     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Entaris:with cloning comes genetic alteration...some scientist could produce a child that will without a doubt grow to be 8 feet tall, and has natural muscle tissiue great enough to lift a buss. it will also have the ability to see in the dark(good purple vission) and have ingredible reflexes, its one purpose...to make hamsandwiches and work for sizziler...gad zooks!

Alright first things first. Learn how to spell and also puncuation makes a big difference to your posting. If you cannot type correctly you end up looking ignorant.

Alright, now back to the discussion. Just because we have the technology to copy the genetic code, does not mean we can change it just yet. Sure we know a little bit about the genetic code and how to change a little bit on it, but at the moment we do not have enough knowledge to do anything like what you are suggesting. I beleive someday we will have enough knowledge of genetics where we can choose anything about our child, but only to certain measures.

Creating a child who would grow up to be 8 feet tall would require putting a different gene in a chromosome, that is considered a disease. I'm sure you'll be able to make your child tall, but not that tall. Your still set to your own genetics to choose from, and if you don't have a gene in you for that its not gonna happen. Unless of course you put someone else's genetic structure in it.

Hey, if you like this kind of stuff. I can recommend a great movie for you to watch. The movie is called GATTACA and it stars Ethan Hawke and Uma Thurman, it is based on a world where you can choose what your child is going to be like. It is based around Hawke's character trying to overcome being a invalid, or someone who is not predetermined. Watch the movie, you'll like it. The scary thing is that the movie itself I feel is going to be much like our future if we crack the genetic code.

--------------------

"Can't you hear my motored heart? Your the one that started it!"

-Foo Fighters "Generator"

Cogito ergo sum

BobPalpatine
Holonet Admin

Posts: 681 | From: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  Logged: 204.184.54.136
Padme of Hidden Lake

Really Nice Member

Member # 107

posted 08-27-2002 09:28 PM     Profile for Padme of Hidden Lake   Author's Homepage   Email Padme of Hidden Lake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's just scary - i wouldn't want to "chose" my children - that would ruin all the fun of having them......

--------------------

A friend once told me "The Turtle Moves" I think we should all remember that right now...
Don't dance to live, live to dance!

Posts: 319 | From: Wandering the planet | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 204.168.82.9

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05