my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Our Galaxy.......   » General Discussion   » The school systems Tweaked

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: The school systems Tweaked
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 06-07-2002 04:15 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
is it just me or are our schools tweaked?

Ok, heres how my school works, i dont know if it works the same in other places...

1.one of the things my school does not alow, is that you walk around school in your P.E. Uniform, but, if you were an outfit they dont like I.E. A shirt that shows to much, what do they do? they shove you in a P.E. Uniform....

2. Two, if we are late for class, we get sent away from class, can you say "hmm, i dont like this class, ill pretend to be late, and then wont have to go!" then the school wonders "Why are all our students failing" hrmm, i wonder, they dont like a class, so they dont go to it, so they dont learn that subject, and there helping the kids do that!

3. Suspension, A kid doesnt like school, then he gets a 3 day vacation, WTF is up with that?

4.ok, Teachers are suposed to lock the kids out from the room if there late(as stated in section 1.) BUT what happens to the teacher when they leave to go to the bathroom and they come back like 10 minuts after the bell rings? we're not aloud to do that, why can they?

5. We students have the "right" to fail! WTF! whats the point of making us go to school if your not gonna make us learn! its not right, them greedy bastards.

6. now that i think of it, this list could go on forever...and that just makes me mad, i actualy enjoy school for the most part, but this things are just wronge

What do you think? give me your thoughts...

--------------------

"Insert Snappy quote here"

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.51.84
PloKoonII

Broken Back Button

Member # 232

posted 06-08-2002 08:42 PM     Profile for PloKoonII   Author's Homepage   Email PloKoonII     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well my school functions about the same. yeah your right there is no point in sending kids out when they are late. and about the suspension thing, my school has an inschool suspension so kids cant have a "vacation".
Posts: 8 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 65.136.60.125
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 06-08-2002 10:04 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The reason they do certain things is because they expect and hope that you want to learn. And in most schools, when you're not there at the time you're supposed to be, and have no excuse, you don't get to make up the work, and therefore you recieve a zero. No one likes those.

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 172.131.219.97
Sid

Member # 228

posted 06-08-2002 10:07 PM     Profile for Sid   Author's Homepage   Email Sid     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My suspension system is the same. People do it alot, that way if their mother and father dont care, they have a true vacations, and when they go to College, it has one damn wrong thing on their reports..doesn't matter does it. HAHA!!

--------------------

"The girl didn't do anything...and the droid either. Let them leave...or you shall die!"-Sid

"Its not bragging if its true..."-Sid

Posts: 96 | From: Cali | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 12.246.169.9
Padme of Hidden Lake

Really Nice Member

Member # 107

posted 06-10-2002 03:53 PM     Profile for Padme of Hidden Lake   Author's Homepage   Email Padme of Hidden Lake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yeah we are trying to fix some of that over in NYS right now... they Teacher Ed requirements went sky high soooo it's harder to be a teacher and now the kids have to stay late if they come in late and other such things - we keep them in class but don't give them the stuff they missed - they have to actively search for it and it is most definitely on the tests... However should they have a pass no prob... And teachers can't be late either - they need to call in or something and need to use thier free periods to go to the bathroom - elementary school that would be asking another teacher to keep an eye on the class from across the hall as they do quiet work or leaving them with the classroom aid which are supposed to become obligatory for all classrooms under grade 3 I believe it might be grade 4 or 5... so at least NYS is trying - and making it harder for me in the process but i won't complain to loudly...

--------------------

A friend once told me "The Turtle Moves" I think we should all remember that right now...
Don't dance to live, live to dance!

Posts: 319 | From: Wandering the planet | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 216.238.138.215
Trel kentar

Member # 230

posted 06-12-2002 04:11 PM     Profile for Trel kentar   Author's Homepage   Email Trel kentar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ya, as long as somethign is happening its all good, i mean, it matters none the little about those things to me personaly, because i dont screw around in school, i get to school and my sense of humor drops to a -100000, dull brandon, thats me...but it does pain me to see those around me become less and less motivated as the year goes on, one student started out very well off in my math class, but as he was late a few times, now he only shows up when he knows theres gonna be somethign easy, and then he usaly gets sent out mid way throught class..which is very disturbing...

--------------------

"im just a loser jedi, in a vast univers of winners..."
Section 4, article three of Trels book of facts

Posts: 64 | From: Phelan | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.133
TheKnot

Member # 213

posted 06-21-2002 01:03 AM     Profile for TheKnot   Author's Homepage   Email TheKnot     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The teachers are wrong! The schools are wrong! The whole damn system is wrong!

Seriously, though, I think its kind of a double standard that schools work that way. Mine does the same thing (with all the stuff trel described...).

--------------------

Take President 'Dubya' Bush and cut him in two. On the left side, there will be nothing right and on the right side, there will be nothing left.

Posts: 204 | From: Maryland | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 68.50.185.134
Sid

Member # 228

posted 06-21-2002 11:05 AM     Profile for Sid   Author's Homepage   Email Sid     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
They are distrubing people, I tell you that....

--------------------

"The girl didn't do anything...and the droid either. Let them leave...or you shall die!"-Sid

"Its not bragging if its true..."-Sid

Posts: 96 | From: Cali | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 12.246.169.9
Padme of Hidden Lake

Really Nice Member

Member # 107

posted 06-21-2002 05:41 PM     Profile for Padme of Hidden Lake   Author's Homepage   Email Padme of Hidden Lake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
But But, I'm a teacher... Well I will be soon..... it's not all screwed up - and it's the politicians in the state governments that actually cause all the problems.....

--------------------

A friend once told me "The Turtle Moves" I think we should all remember that right now...
Don't dance to live, live to dance!

Posts: 319 | From: Wandering the planet | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 216.238.140.207

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05