my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Our Galaxy.......   » General Discussion   » Who should we support?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Who should we support?
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 04-03-2002 03:32 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hello friend.

(I just swallowed a cream saver , it hurts)

Who should the US support, Israelis or Palestinians? And why?

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 172.142.31.253
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 04-03-2002 04:58 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well-ll-lll... certain relatives I know of would say Israel because they're supposed to be God's chosen people or something, and thus we'd be staying on God's good side, heh. But while on one hand Israel has proven to be our staunch ally for so long, I think we ought to keep our noses clean and remain a mediator. This is THEIR silly religious war, and we don't belong in it. We could offer advice maybe, if asked. But I wouldn't go any further than that.

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.206.194
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 04-03-2002 09:56 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
True. Israel was put there without askling the PAlestinians, so I feel for them. But the way they fight pisses me off and makes me side with the Israelis. But the way the Israelis occupy everything there is pissy too. I say we annex it and take out the bad guys.

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 172.146.233.151
Yaoksi Joao

Smuggler Extraordinaire and All-Around Good Guy

Member # 126

posted 04-04-2002 01:41 AM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Some would say, "Shoot 'em all and let God sort them out!"

--------------------

"Hey! It's not my fault!"

Posts: 607 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 205.188.199.164
BobPalpatine

Foo Fighter

Member # 17

posted 04-04-2002 01:43 AM     Profile for BobPalpatine   Author's Homepage   Email BobPalpatine     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm sticking with the Palestinian's on this one. They've been opressed for A LONG time by Isreal. I mean the situation for them sucks. I think its time for us to step in and finally tell Isreal to back off. I think if that happened a lot more things would be cleared up.

--------------------

"Can't you hear my motored heart? Your the one that started it!"

-Foo Fighters "Generator"

Cogito ergo sum

BobPalpatine
Holonet Admin

Posts: 681 | From: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  Logged: 204.184.55.149
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 04-04-2002 12:07 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yea, but Israel was at war the day it was created. They've been oppressed by all the arab countries, and then the you got Palestinians blowing up pizza parlors. I don't blame them for goign after the terrorists, but they aren't that nice to the innocent Palestinians, poor guys.

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 172.144.195.159
Rogue Angel

Jedi Knight

Member # 33

posted 04-19-2002 04:02 PM     Profile for Rogue Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Rogue Angel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I really don't like either side. I suppose we're sort of obligated to support Israel, since the U.S. was one of the first countries to recognize it, but I think both sides are acting incredibly childish toward each other.

I do feel sorry for the Palestinians, who were basically robbed of their homeland, but they're trying to deal with the problem by blowing up women and children. That's not right. Both Jews and Palestinians beg for peace, but they talk revenge out of the other side of their mouths.

Here's a thought: If they keep on acting the way they do, they'll all have blown each other up and there'll be plenty of empty space out there...

--------------------

"Is that a lightsaber in your pocket or are ya just happy to see me?"

Posts: 357 | From: Mississippi, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 216.229.196.44
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 04-19-2002 09:49 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
heh, let's start the Holy Land Amusement Park All that land, we could be better than Disney World!

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 172.134.157.35
Padme of Hidden Lake

Really Nice Member

Member # 107

posted 04-25-2002 10:36 AM     Profile for Padme of Hidden Lake   Author's Homepage   Email Padme of Hidden Lake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
lol Anakin!!

--------------------

A friend once told me "The Turtle Moves" I think we should all remember that right now...
Don't dance to live, live to dance!

Posts: 319 | From: Wandering the planet | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 193.52.64.54

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05