my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Our Galaxy.......   » General Discussion   » RAGING STUPIDITY!!!!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: RAGING STUPIDITY!!!!
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 01-10-2002 09:35 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OK, this article has gotten this Chosen Daughter of the Sith HOPPING MAD!!! While I don't know if I ought to state my opinion in so many words of our dear George Dubya, I WILL state that his thought process in this regard are clearly somewhere in the subhuman range.

No good scientist will put such a vulgarity as money before the science he pursues. To do this would be to skew one's data selectively; this of course would never produce true results so a decent conclusion could be drawn. I don't care WHAT he did after the 9-11 crisis; THIS is utterly STUPID, and I'm voting for whoever runs next.

Maybe it will be Ani....

link to article:http://space.com/scienceastronomy/president_science_020109.html

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.198.54
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 01-10-2002 09:51 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Like I said in the Our President post, he's irresponsible. WHO CARES what he did after 9/11? He did nothing immediately after, he was a bumbling idiot, Rudy was our President. Any President would have risen to the challenge of this war.

No offense to Republicans here, but this man is a puppet for the Republican party. He does as he's told and follows the Republican way, which is smaller government. What you republians fail to see is that in this day and age smaller government will KILL us.

China will have 100 nukes pointed our way by 2015, and you wanna go all the way back to Pre World War 2 and try to win something. It's Bush's tax cut that put us where we are today, he didn't expect a war, but he got one, and because of his tax cut we have to cut things like NASA. Why NASA? It's our only hope for humanity to colonize the universe and survive the death of this earth.

Bush wants us to change the scientific process, GIVE ME A FUCKING BREAK. This man is a joke, and I'll be GLAD to vote him out of office.

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 172.168.179.220
Cella Poliani

Member # 115

posted 01-18-2002 03:43 PM     Profile for Cella Poliani   Author's Homepage   Email Cella Poliani     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Excuse me, but aren't our dear Democrats the ones trying to take us back to pre-World War II? Didn't Clinton try to CUT defense spending? Wasn't Clinton the one who REFUSED to get Osama while he was within our reach?!!

Ani, you're saying "no offense", but you're saying some very insulting things and I feel obligated to defend my views and point out that there IS another side to this story.

I'm as much in favor of good science as anyone. I plan to make science my career in fact. And I see nothing wrong with making scientists accountable for the money they spend on research--especially if taxpayers are paying for it.

[ 01-18-2002 03:48 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Cella Poliani ]

Posts: 76 | From: see Rogue Angel | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 216.229.193.135
Padme of Hidden Lake

Really Nice Member

Member # 107

posted 02-05-2002 11:33 AM     Profile for Padme of Hidden Lake   Author's Homepage   Email Padme of Hidden Lake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I would have to agree with Cella - I think the whole point of the Policy is to stop some of the corruption - monetary that is - that can go on when groups as a whole are not forced to be accountable for thier spending on anything - there are no groups of people not susceptable to corruption everyone in every feild should be held accountable to the people from whome they receive money - including the scientists.

--------------------

A friend once told me "The Turtle Moves" I think we should all remember that right now...
Don't dance to live, live to dance!

Posts: 319 | From: Wandering the planet | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 193.52.64.54
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 02-16-2002 11:57 AM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Excuse me, but aren't our dear Democrats the ones trying to take us back to pre-World War II? Didn't Clinton try to CUT defense spending? Wasn't Clinton the one who REFUSED to get Osama while he was within our reach?!!

Uh, no. Bush was cutting the Navy from the time he came into office. The war Bush is fighting right now is with Clinton's military, the one he built. The reason he didn't get bin Laden when he had the chance is obvious, he didn't have the political backing, and republicans along with the press would have accused him of starting something the Islamic nations that shouldn't have been started, and more backlash would occur when attacks were made by terrorists to retaliate, because security was so relaxed.

quote:
I'm as much in favor of good science as anyone. I plan to make science my career in fact. And I see nothing wrong with making scientists accountable for the money they spend on research--especially if taxpayers are paying for it.

Sure, scientists should be accountable for the money they spend, especially if its tax money, but science isn't cheap. NASA currently gets less than congress awarded the 9/11 victims. Why should the space program, the only program which insures the existance of humanity when the earth dies, or when an asteroid threatens the planet, be the program that is always cut?

Whats funny about it is that the only thing that has to do with NASA that Bush wants increased is research for nuclear power powering the shuttles and other space stuff, *cough*ENRON*cough*

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 172.128.231.184
Rogue Angel

Jedi Knight

Member # 33

posted 02-16-2002 09:03 PM     Profile for Rogue Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Rogue Angel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Maybe I misread the article...but I don't think it said anything about cutting funds for the space program. The only thing I heard was "accountability", NOT decreased funding. There's a difference.

--------------------

"Is that a lightsaber in your pocket or are ya just happy to see me?"

Posts: 357 | From: Mississippi, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 172.162.13.27
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 02-16-2002 09:16 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Except he is cutting NASA, and science will suffer with the cuts, http://www.space.com/missionlaunches/nasa_spaceflight_020214-1.html

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 172.144.20.27

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05