my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Our Galaxy.......   » General Discussion   » Question of the month!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Question of the month!
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 12-27-2001 02:04 AM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Where do you get the motivation to read books?

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 172.160.139.214
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 12-27-2001 02:20 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I do not have to find motivation to read. Curiosity and desire to learn are innate character traits of mine. I just like to read. Nuff said.

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.106.28
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 12-27-2001 02:21 AM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
But don't you get distracted?

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 172.160.139.214
Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 12-27-2001 10:11 AM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
First, hey there Graysith. *waves*

And I find the motivation to read because I enjoy it. Staying with what I'm reading comes from the fact that I'm caught up in the story; it's the same with the RP. I can stay with it because I'm caught up in it. If I'm NOT caught up in a book, I do get distracted...

--------------------

Small minds think in small terms!
~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 65.80.105.53
Rogue Angel

Jedi Knight

Member # 33

posted 12-27-2001 08:37 PM     Profile for Rogue Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Rogue Angel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm the same as Mara, I usually get caught up in the story and must be forced to eat, sleep, etc...anything that involves putting the book down

Part of this also may be the fact that I've always loved to read. I think I practically came out of the womb reading. They cut my umbilical cord and the next thing you know, I had started on War and Peace

--------------------

"Is that a lightsaber in your pocket or are ya just happy to see me?"

Posts: 357 | From: Mississippi, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 172.147.109.22
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 12-27-2001 10:17 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
With me it was The Jungle by Upton Sinclair, and then Mythology. Never did read War and Peace.

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.195.213
Dash

Wise Ass

Member # 83

posted 12-29-2001 07:53 PM     Profile for Dash   Author's Homepage   Email Dash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I read just so i can say, i'm not a complete moron and I read also I just find books that I like, such as T2: infiltrator, very moving novel. I guess you just have to have the time to read.

--------------------

If I cared I'd be smiling right now :{

Posts: 288 | From: Hell | Registered: Nov 2000  |  Logged: 172.162.114.187
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 12-30-2001 01:26 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've always loved to read because that way I get to go any place in the universe, and at any time.

And I love to write, because then I get to create my own time and universe.

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.199.43
Rogue Angel

Jedi Knight

Member # 33

posted 12-30-2001 05:40 PM     Profile for Rogue Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Rogue Angel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just finished The Fellowship of the Ring and all I can say is...WOW. I should definitely have read that a LONG time ago! Now on to finish the trilogy...

--------------------

"Is that a lightsaber in your pocket or are ya just happy to see me?"

Posts: 357 | From: Mississippi, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 172.145.37.3
Dash

Wise Ass

Member # 83

posted 12-30-2001 11:13 PM     Profile for Dash   Author's Homepage   Email Dash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i read that and i didn't understand a damn word of it

--------------------

If I cared I'd be smiling right now :{

Posts: 288 | From: Hell | Registered: Nov 2000  |  Logged: 172.155.22.180
Padme of Hidden Lake

Really Nice Member

Member # 107

posted 01-08-2002 03:54 PM     Profile for Padme of Hidden Lake   Author's Homepage   Email Padme of Hidden Lake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah I'm like Mara and Rogue - I'm a readaholic - reading is just so addicting - I just can't stop - I love being transported into different worlds that don't exist, never did and probably never will, or even just other times of our own world - Reading is just a great escape from Life - so is writing... words are just Beautiful things!!!

--------------------

A friend once told me "The Turtle Moves" I think we should all remember that right now...
Don't dance to live, live to dance!

Posts: 319 | From: Wandering the planet | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 62.252.224.5

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05