my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Our Galaxy.......   » General Discussion   » Holiday Movie Time!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Holiday Movie Time!
BobPalpatine

Foo Fighter

Member # 17

posted 11-28-2001 10:32 PM     Profile for BobPalpatine   Author's Homepage   Email BobPalpatine     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Holy crap...a bunch of good movies are gonna come out soon.

I was told the other day that Spy Games is definitly a movie to see. Its "intense". It looks pretty cool even if Robert Redford is getting a little old.

Lets see movies I wanna see are Ocean's 11(old rat pack remake), LORD OF THE RINGS, and Ali...those are prolly gonna be the 3 I concentrate on. There is more I want to see but I forgot...ohh I kinda wanna see Vanilla Sky, mainly cause it has Jason Lee in it and he's a funny dude.

What do you want to see?

--------------------

"Can't you hear my motored heart? Your the one that started it!"

-Foo Fighters "Generator"

Cogito ergo sum

BobPalpatine
Holonet Admin

Posts: 681 | From: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  Logged: 204.184.51.245
Padme of Hidden Lake

Really Nice Member

Member # 107

posted 11-29-2001 09:45 AM     Profile for Padme of Hidden Lake   Author's Homepage   Email Padme of Hidden Lake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Anything in English - I'm getting desperate over here....

--------------------

A friend once told me "The Turtle Moves" I think we should all remember that right now...
Don't dance to live, live to dance!

Posts: 319 | From: Wandering the planet | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 193.52.64.54
Dark Lord Roan

Ultimate Sith Lord and Warrior

Member # 137

posted 11-29-2001 10:33 PM     Profile for Dark Lord Roan   Author's Homepage   Email Dark Lord Roan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There are some good movies released on vhs/dvd right now. Several in english even.

--------------------

Cry havoc! And let slip the dogs of war!

Posts: 214 | From: The darker side of midnight.... | Registered: Nov 2001  |  Logged: 24.4.252.103
Padme of Hidden Lake

Really Nice Member

Member # 107

posted 11-30-2001 09:09 AM     Profile for Padme of Hidden Lake   Author's Homepage   Email Padme of Hidden Lake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Unfortunately I can't get them over here - I can get translated, dubbed versions - but it's just not the same...

--------------------

A friend once told me "The Turtle Moves" I think we should all remember that right now...

Posts: 319 | From: Wandering the planet | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 193.52.64.54
Dark Lord Roan

Member # 137

posted 12-02-2001 09:56 PM     Profile for Dark Lord Roan   Author's Homepage   Email Dark Lord Roan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If you let me know what you may be interested in maybe we could do some swapping. I am a fan of Celine Dion and I know that there are things outside the country that are impossible to get. Would you be interested?

--------------------

Posts: 214 | From: The darker side of midnight.... | Registered: Nov 2001  |  Logged: 24.4.252.103
Rogue Angel

Jedi Knight

Member # 33

posted 12-02-2001 10:06 PM     Profile for Rogue Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Rogue Angel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
*gasps* Roan, you may be the very first Dark Lord of the Sith to confess a liking for Celine Dion. Wow.

Yes, Lord of the Rings looks kind of cool...even though the Lord of the Rings trilogy was one of the few "classic" fantasies I didn't read in childhood.

And Spy Games...yeah! Robert Redford is on my list of "old guys that look pretty darn good for their age". Harrison Ford of course being #1.

--------------------

"Is that a lightsaber in your pocket or are ya just happy to see me?"

Posts: 357 | From: Mississippi, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 172.132.200.183
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 12-02-2001 10:29 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Isn't Celine Dion a Canadian?

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 172.166.121.18
Dark Lord Roan

Member # 137

posted 12-02-2001 10:39 PM     Profile for Dark Lord Roan   Author's Homepage   Email Dark Lord Roan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes she is but there is a lot of stuff all over Europe that you can get that isn't offered in the states. It is good for one who practices the All to show a sensitive side as well. We can't always go around like Metalica and Ozzy although they are both VERY good.

Harrison Ford is and always will be THE best!!

--------------------

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 12-03-2001 07:16 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Crosses arms and thinks of Pierce Brosnan....

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.101.173
Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 12-03-2001 04:43 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am but a humble Ewan fan.

why does my heart cry?
Feelings I can't fight?
You're free to leave me
Just don't deceive me
And please believe me when I say I love you...

--------------------

Small minds think in small terms!
~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 975 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 139.62.161.169
Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 12-03-2001 04:57 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
And oh yeah. As fas as holiday movies I just wanna see LOTR. Nothing else really sparks my interest.

And yeah, I'm testing my new signature...

--------------------

Small minds think in small terms!
~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 975 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 139.62.161.169
Padme of Hidden Lake

Really Nice Member

Member # 107

posted 12-05-2001 11:11 AM     Profile for Padme of Hidden Lake   Author's Homepage   Email Padme of Hidden Lake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well that would work Roan - if I was staying here - but I'm not - I'm just here for a year - though I can say I haven't actually seen any different Celine stuff here than in Canada - all the French stuff is availible there - go to Montréal and it's easy to find - I'm just at the I-hate-France-I-want-MY-country/language stage of my study abroad right now - perfectly timed for Christmas - luckily HP just got here and I'm going to convince one of the guys in my class to go with me this weekend and see it - in French

--------------------

Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 12-05-2001 03:53 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm gonna see Behind Enemy Lines on Friday...maybe.

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 172.128.210.3
Steindogg

Member # 87

posted 12-05-2001 05:03 PM     Profile for Steindogg   Author's Homepage   Email Steindogg     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I heard thats a really good movie...I want to go see it
Posts: 46 | From: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  Logged: 65.56.173.39
Dark Lord Roan

Member # 137

posted 12-10-2001 05:23 PM     Profile for Dark Lord Roan   Author's Homepage   Email Dark Lord Roan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thank you though Padme it is the thought that counts...

Brosnan, Ewan,....what pickles!!! Now Roan..
LOL!!!

Lord of the Rings and Planet of the Apes get my vote for today.

--------------------

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 12-10-2001 06:34 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I know it's not a newbie but I still stick to "Pitch Black."

Crosses arms and thinks of Vin Deisel

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.197.182
Dark Lord Roan

Member # 137

posted 12-10-2001 08:04 PM     Profile for Dark Lord Roan   Author's Homepage   Email Dark Lord Roan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Haven't seen it but another goodie is Deep Blue Sea with LL Cool J. I also liked the last one Cuba Gooding Jr. and Robert DeNero were in can't remember the name though.

--------------------

Padme of Hidden Lake

Really Nice Member

Member # 107

posted 12-11-2001 06:21 AM     Profile for Padme of Hidden Lake   Author's Homepage   Email Padme of Hidden Lake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OHHHHH HP was sooo good - even in French - though I now really want to see it in English to see how the actor's really sound... the Voice over was well done though so it was believable for the ignorant that they were really speaking French - I however knew they were not and so was not as easily fooled - ok not when I thought about it - the little lipreading part at the end was obvious English though - that made me laugh - ok snicker - cause the French didn't manage to change that bit ... heehee English Conquers all!!!! at least as far as this is concerned...

--------------------

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05