my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Our Galaxy.......   » General Discussion   » Halloween Costumes

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Halloween Costumes
Rogue Angel

Jedi Knight

Member # 33

posted 10-29-2001 07:16 PM     Profile for Rogue Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Rogue Angel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Now Halloween draweth nigh once more, and I believe a true fan is never too old to dress up Anyone here got plans for a good costume?

Personally, I'd like to get a tiara, a feather boa, and a plastic lightsaber, dress all in black, and go as a Jedi Diva. Scary, huh?

--------------------

"Is that a lightsaber in your pocket or are ya just happy to see me?"

Posts: 357 | From: Mississippi, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 172.169.175.86
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 10-29-2001 07:28 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
HAHAHAHA...

Pictures Darth Vader with ostrich plumes tickling his breath-mask.

*Sounds of breathing....*

Luke... I am your feather...

Actually, I have a Graysith costume. Well, almost all of it. I have the cloak of "rune encrypted smoke," and a black unitard. I just need a long black split skirt to wear with it, and then make the thrimm.

I even have the "Claw of S'slan. Now that's scary!

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.105.189
Padme of Hidden Lake

Really Nice Member

Member # 107

posted 10-19-2006 07:29 PM     Profile for Padme of Hidden Lake   Author's Homepage   Email Padme of Hidden Lake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So it's that time of year again... Yup time to sugar up the kids then send them home for trick or treating with thier parents... heeheehee... and the teachers get to dress up in school too!!!!
So anyway I have a Jedi costume for this year cause I like it and the boys in the class can never believe that I like Star Wars since I'm a girl (they are 5 so you gotta just laugh at that). Not to mention that it is not scary or revealing, violent or too sexy - we gots to be tame around the Kiddies... But yeah - I was trying to figure out the best way to turn a metal flashlight into a lightsabre to hang from my belt. I was figuring on trying to find a smallish one with a hanging loop or a hole to put one through and then I'm not sure what to do to make it look unflashlightish and more lightsaberish. What do you guys think?

--------------------

A friend once told me "The Turtle Moves" I think we should all remember that right now...
Don't dance to live, live to dance!

Posts: 319 | From: Wandering the planet | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 74.33.237.157
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 10-19-2006 08:40 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The entire speech and debate team at my school (me included) is dressing up as Pirate/ninjas. This is due to the fact that our greatest internal conflict is over which is better.

Oh, if you want to learn how to actually MAKE your own lightsaber, just send me a PM. Two of my friends make them on commission for the local geeks, and I must say, they are PRETTY sweet.

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 71.212.213.231
Padme of Hidden Lake

Really Nice Member

Member # 107

posted 10-20-2006 06:20 PM     Profile for Padme of Hidden Lake   Author's Homepage   Email Padme of Hidden Lake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Pirate/ninjas sounds sweet! Hope you have a good time! The rest of the staff - or at least most of them are going to be Care Bears this year. I don't think I would ever wear a sweatsuit in those colors again in my life so I passed on joining them - and I already have this costume and since I'm only a sub - though long term it may be - I don't have enough money at the moment to create a completely new costume.

--------------------

A friend once told me "The Turtle Moves" I think we should all remember that right now...

Posts: 319 | From: Wandering the planet | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 74.33.237.157
Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 10-27-2006 12:09 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
We aren't allowed to wear costumes at my school this year, not even the students because some peeps complained they don't celebrate Halloween to the principal. Considering I'm about as conservative Christian as they come and I disagree with this strongly, that's pretty bad. I wonder what they intend to do if the kids come dressed up anyway. Send them home?

I don't think so. Halloween is an Autistic child's time to shine...they LOVE imitating other things, and are usually pretty darn good at it. And you'd better believe we are carving a pumpkin in my room anyway. A HAPPY pumpkin!

Ok, off soap box now.

--------------------

Small minds think in small terms!
~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Padme of Hidden Lake

Really Nice Member

Member # 107

posted 10-28-2006 11:08 PM     Profile for Padme of Hidden Lake   Author's Homepage   Email Padme of Hidden Lake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That stinks Mara! We just tell the parents that if they don't want thier kids to celebrate they have to come pick them up after lunch while the rest of us are getting ready for the parade and party. If the kids stay then they can play. And if the parents don't want them there then they can take care of them.

--------------------

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05