my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Our Galaxy.......   » General Discussion   » Our President

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Our President
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 08-07-2001 09:31 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Our President, George Double-U Bush, has taken a 30 day vacation, when this vacation is over he will have spent a whopping 42% of his time in Office on Vacation.

Thoughts?

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 172.145.226.9
Dash

Wise Ass

Member # 83

posted 08-07-2001 09:46 PM     Profile for Dash   Author's Homepage   Email Dash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Lazy

--------------------

If I cared I'd be smiling right now :{

Posts: 288 | From: Hell | Registered: Nov 2000  |  Logged: 172.152.140.65
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 08-08-2001 10:08 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Did you know GWB hardly ever uses the Oval Office? He's got a back office next to it that he uses.(Seriously) Why? Because he got tired of looking for the corners in the Oval Office.

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 172.168.34.30
Yaoksi Joao

Smuggler Extraordinaire and All-Around Good Guy

Member # 126

posted 08-09-2001 11:15 AM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Maybe he wants to be seen as more approachable, and the Oval Office can be intimidating...

...although I understand the need for appearances.

About this 42%; you have your facts correct? If so...

WISH I HAD HIS JOB.

--------------------

"Hey! It's not my fault!"

Posts: 608 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 205.188.192.168
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 08-09-2001 11:54 AM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't think he understands what it means to be President. The whole world is watching, and he's off building house's for Habitat for Humanity instead of actually doing the work he was elected to do. It's like he wants to spend all his time trying to look good, hoping to be re-elected (won't happen). He's an embarrassment...

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 172.152.87.235
Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 08-09-2001 03:09 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, what the heck is wrong with him building Houses for Humanity? I say GOOD FOR HIM. I mean, what is your idea of what he's SUPPOSED to do? It's ABOUT TIME a president starts looking inward to the people of the country he leads, instead of trying to stick our collective noses in everyone else's affairs!

Yeah, we're a loooooong way from everyone in this nation being self sufficient. I dunno if that rather idealistic state will ever come into being, either. BUT, before people can even think of getting up on their own two feet, to start maybe having some self-respect and try to get jobs and so forth, to head toward more self-reliancy and less governmental-reliancy, they have to have somewhere to live.

Habitats for Humanity is a worthy cause, one I've watched a friend here in Iowa struggle with over the course of years to get implemented, and personally I'm glad our President is assisting in this organization.

Er-- that is all...

*Climbs down from bandwagon*

--------------------

Posts: 608 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 209.255.158.142
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 08-09-2001 03:31 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I never said Habitat for Humanity was a bad thing. What I said, is that he is the President. All they seem to be interested in is making him look good, which he can't do on his own, and everyone is seeing right through it. 42% of his time in Office has been spent on vacation. He's got plenty he needs to do, but instead, he built a house. Gimme a break.

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 172.162.159.195
Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 08-09-2001 04:26 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So-oo-ooo...

What would you rather he be working on? Gimme not a break, but a definite answer!

And I still want to know where the 42% comes from. I mean, where you get this statistic.

And don't believe for a moment that while "on vacation" presidents are really "on vacation." Their work follows them every place they go, like the plague. Like their bodyguards. It's part and parcel of the Office.

--------------------

Posts: 608 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 209.255.158.142
Dash

Wise Ass

Member # 83

posted 08-09-2001 04:28 PM     Profile for Dash   Author's Homepage   Email Dash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm happy with the tax cut he made

--------------------

Posts: 288 | From: Hell | Registered: Nov 2000  |  Logged: 172.137.206.169
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 08-09-2001 04:46 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The statistic is from....I wanna say USA Today, but that doesn't seem right. It's real. I would rather him work on foreign relations then go on vacation all the time.

Dash, any idiot would like his tax cut. (No offense) We cut taxes, which is nice, but then we have no money left for other important things. I guess they think since most Americans are ignorant, they won't notice an ignorant tax cut.

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 172.151.223.231
Dash

Wise Ass

Member # 83

posted 08-09-2001 05:49 PM     Profile for Dash   Author's Homepage   Email Dash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hehehehehe

--------------------

Posts: 288 | From: Hell | Registered: Nov 2000  |  Logged: 172.137.206.169
RedMirax

Member # 56

posted 08-09-2001 06:14 PM     Profile for RedMirax   Author's Homepage   Email RedMirax     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How much time did Billy take off? Of course, he didn't need to take vacations, he had his IN the Oval Office.

And I think I deserved a tax cut. We pay in enough, too much. Didn't the last President say we hada surplus? Why shouldn't we get that money back. And it's not as if it's a fortune per person/family.

[ 08-09-2001 06:14 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by RedMirax ]

--------------------

Who needs TK? Corran has EVERYTHING else!!!

Posts: 42 | From: Dallas,Tx | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 64.217.249.134
Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 08-09-2001 08:48 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, did anyone ever think that, as I inferred earlier, maybe George is working out foreign relations while on so-called vacation? Plotting and planning and outlining and so forth...

...but then, foreign relations be damned. They all hate us anyway, because you can't please one without displeasing another. We should just nuke 'em all and let Fate sort out the remains, and concentrate on our own people. I'm sick of kow-towing to how "this country" views us or what "that country" thinks. SHEESH.

It's kinda like everyone on this earth is either gonna go to heaven... or go to hell. All of 'em, one way or another. (If you believe in such things, that is.) Practically every known religion believes in a tenet along the lines of: "Those who follow this way will go to heaven/reach Nirvana/attain pure enlightenment, yadda yadda yadda; and if they don't they will simply go to hell."

You do the math....

[ 08-09-2001 08:50 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Yaoksi Joao ]

--------------------

Posts: 608 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 152.163.197.48
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 08-28-2001 06:00 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
woohoo. Seems our irresponsible president and his irresponsible tax cut is gonna be dipping into Social Security. Great aint it?

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 172.173.147.186
BobPalpatine

Foo Fighter

Member # 17

posted 09-05-2001 04:56 PM     Profile for BobPalpatine   Author's Homepage   Email BobPalpatine     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Anakin...the way you are about politics you should KNOW that a President's vacation really isn't a vacation...his whole staff goes with him and they are required at least one staff meeting a day. So really its not even a real vacation....He still has to do a lot of work while he's on vacation...beleive it or not.

--------------------

"Can't you hear my motored heart? Your the one that started it!"

-Foo Fighters "Generator"

Cogito ergo sum

BobPalpatine
Holonet Admin

Posts: 681 | From: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  Logged: 204.184.51.245
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 09-05-2001 04:59 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, duh. But he obviously doens't respect the office as much as he should, he hates being in Washington.

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 172.151.235.170
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-16-2001 02:46 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
*Raises a hesitant finger for attention*

Umm-mm-mmm... call it a timing thing or something, but what's the popular opinion of Mr. Bush now?

I think he's doing a fantastic job in the face of unimaginable duress. Kudos to him.

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.200.56

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05