my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Our Galaxy.......   » General Discussion   » Music

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Music
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 09-19-2000 11:28 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Off of all the soundtracks, which song (or score I guess...) is your favorite?

------------------
Anakin
[monger=ff0000,ffffff]Holonet Jedi Master[/monger]
Forum Administrator

-Have you mowed your lawn today?-
-Trying is the first step towards failure......-
-Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates.....-
-People bring out the worst in me-

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 166.62.175.254
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-19-2000 11:59 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hmmm... it's a toss-up between the following:

1. "Duel of the Fates," because I can sing along

2. Darth Vader's Imperial March

3. Emperor Palpatine's Theme

4. Prince Xixor's Theme (in "Shadows of the Empire" CD)

The more soul-stirring or minor-keyed, the better I like it!

------------------
[monger=000FFF,FF0000]"I Ride the Stormcloud and the Night!"[/monger]

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.197.84
BobPalpatine

Foo Fighter

Member # 17

posted 09-20-2000 09:32 AM     Profile for BobPalpatine   Author's Homepage   Email BobPalpatine     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ANH is an incredibly good soundtrack and while Imperial March is on ESB soundtrack the whole of ESB is one of my least favorites.

Ok...I know some people didn't like the TPM score and I don't know why. Some of them say its because its to much like the orginal and it takes peices of songs from the OT. OF COURSE ITS GONNA DO THAT!!!! Its part of a big saga...put all the scores together and think of it as a huge score...there are many repeats and coda's in songs. A whole score should go together. If TPM was COMPLETLY different there would nothing to attach it to the OT with...get what I'm saying?

------------------
[monger=ff0000,ffff00]I'm from the Lou and I'm proud...[/monger]

BobPalpatine
Holonet Moderator

Posts: 681 | From: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  Logged: 204.184.55.143
RedMirax

Member # 56

posted 09-20-2000 06:20 PM     Profile for RedMirax   Author's Homepage   Email RedMirax     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I like the SE ANH soundtrack. At the very end of the 1st CD you get to hear different versions of the main theme. That's cool.

I like Jedi Rocks on SE RotJ soundtrack.

I like Duel of the Fates and Augie's Municipal Band and Flag Parade off TMP the best.

Really all the music is good, though!!!

------------------
Who needs TK? Corran has EVERYTHING else!!!

[Edited 1 times, lastly by RedMirax on September 20, 2000]

Posts: 42 | From: Dallas,Tx | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 64.217.249.134
Rogue Angel

Jedi Knight

Member # 33

posted 09-20-2000 06:25 PM     Profile for Rogue Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Rogue Angel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
From the original trilogy, I love the Main
Theme and the Imperial March.

My favorite TPM tracks are Augie's Municipal Band, Anakin's Theme, and Duel of the Fates.

------------------
"Is that a lightsaber in your pocket or are ya just happy to see me?"

Posts: 357 | From: Mississippi, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 172.139.129.142
TekPhin

Lord of the Sith

Member # 53

posted 09-21-2000 10:29 PM     Profile for TekPhin   Author's Homepage   Email TekPhin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I like that Wierd Al Yankovich song. It has a catcthy tune and i like the way it tell the story of TPM.

------------------
I know why you wanna hate me, Now I know why you wanna hate me...cause hate is all the worlds even seen lately!!!

Posts: 100 | From: Chicago Illinois U.S.A | Registered: Aug 2000  |  Logged: 209.254.114.165

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05