my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Our Galaxy.......   » General Discussion   » TPM DVD - 5 years

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: TPM DVD - 5 years
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 04-29-2000 10:20 AM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
anyone know why the TPM DVD isn't gonna be released for 5 years??
Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 206.148.194.105
BobPalpatine

Foo Fighter

Member # 17

posted 07-03-2000 02:55 PM     Profile for BobPalpatine   Author's Homepage   Email BobPalpatine     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Lucasfilm is waiting until the new HDVD comes out and apparently it takes a long time to get all the film transfered to DVD so we have to wait unfortunatly :(
Posts: 681 | From: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  Logged: 204.184.55.15
R2

Dictator

Member # 121

posted 07-13-2000 01:06 PM     Profile for R2   Author's Homepage   Email R2     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i doubt that's the real reason to whole dvd to transfer thing. No offense but if lucas really wanted to release the dvd he'd just do it, he's got the money to get it done if he wanted. Because look at how many old dvds they've already done, surely they could a trilogy in less than 5 years.

------------------

Posts: 4 | From: | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 63.10.253.126
BobPalpatine

Foo Fighter

Member # 17

posted 07-13-2000 04:29 PM     Profile for BobPalpatine   Author's Homepage   Email BobPalpatine     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well I think it is mostly due to the HDVD stuff. That still has to be developed before anything can be transfered.

Ohh and wouldn't it be neat to include all the cut scenes in the DVD version so we could all finally see them?

------------------
"Give into the darkside hoser!"

Bob Palpatine
Holonet Moderator

Posts: 681 | From: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  Logged: 204.184.55.2
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 07-13-2000 04:35 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If they do that, and the usually do with DVD's I'll have to buy my own DVD player, but that would be kick ass cool to see the cut scenes and maybe the outtakes from it. I always love watching actors mess there lines, or seeing stormtroopers banging thier heads on the ceiling.

------------------
Anakin
[monger=ff0000,ffffff]Forum Administrator[/monger]

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 166.62.175.88
13thDarkLord

Member # 18

posted 07-30-2000 12:22 PM     Profile for 13thDarkLord   Author's Homepage   Email 13thDarkLord     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
no joke I can't wait until they release stuff like that but it bothers me that they're going to wait that long. I'm willing to bet that since DVD's and DVD players are still reasonably new to the house hold appliances, Lucus figures he can make more money by releasing them when more homes have a DVD player in them and the want for them on DVD will increase in the next 5 years. I'm sorry to say but i think the delay is merely an ecconomic inspired delay.

------------------
[monger=0000ff,ff0000]13thDarkLord[/monger]

Posts: 66 | From: Vicksburg, Ms.,USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 204.184.55.6
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 07-30-2000 12:30 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't know why hes got to be so greedy, I mean he already has enough money...

------------------
Anakin
[monger=ff0000,ffffff]Holonet Jedi Master[/monger]
Forum Administrator

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 166.62.175.164
13thDarkLord

Member # 18

posted 08-19-2000 04:01 PM     Profile for 13thDarkLord   Author's Homepage   Email 13thDarkLord     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No joke!!!!!! but its the business world, Man. Thats the simple truth.... sorry.

------------------
[monger=0000ff,ff0000]13thDarkLord[/monger]

Posts: 66 | From: Vicksburg, Ms.,USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 209.209.193.203
BobPalpatine

Foo Fighter

Member # 17

posted 08-19-2000 04:13 PM     Profile for BobPalpatine   Author's Homepage   Email BobPalpatine     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
As I have been saying the delay is mostly due to HDVD. Lucas wants the best film quality and he is waiting for the best time to be able to release the movies.

I have heard on other places that Lucas doesn't really care about the money but the quality. Thats why he did the Special Edition after all...I really doubt that its because of econmics the guy owns some of the biggest film companies in the business he knows that he has more money than he can spend right now...

------------------
[monger=ff0000,ffff00]I got the rap industry clock clock on lock![/monger]

BobPalpatine
Holonet Moderator

Posts: 681 | From: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  Logged: 204.184.55.131

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05