my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Star Wars Discussion   » Characters   » The Idol?!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: The Idol?!
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 12-08-2002 04:09 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Who out of all the people thorought the seires intrested you the most. It doesn't have to be one of the opposite sex-for the question is truly who out of all the characters pushed you to even role play. Im not stating that your characters are similar, but what was it abou tthe series characters that gave you that edge to creating one of your own, or was it the series in itself?

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 12-08-2002 07:42 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There are two: Darth Maul and Darth Wicked. Maul is the one who birthed the origin of Graysith... albeit in the story I was inspired to write she was younger, and "chosen" by him and all. (I have the first few chapters here in Hemmingways...)

But he's the one who enthralled me enough to write, to go online and do a Sith hunt...

...where I "met" Darth Wicked, got really started...

...and ended up here. So I'd have to say two characters served as my inspiration and instigation: one from the movies, and the other from the cyber realms of rpg.

[ 12-08-2002 07:44 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 12-08-2002 07:52 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hmmmm...

Well, I'm a big Mara Jade fan, and you can see SOME of her in Shayla, though Shayla is also alot of me. Jasyn is modeled off of Wes Janson and Hobbie Klivin (a little of each--the negative side is more Hobbie, the drinking and living it up more Wes).

And some of most of my guy characters have been quasi-inspired by Corran Horn. Shawn--definitely a sorta "Luke Skywalker" sort. But not as weeny as Luke tended to be in some of the EU.

--------------------

Small minds think in small terms!
~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 66.20.157.40
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 12-08-2002 08:06 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
well... as you all probably know by now(i have somehow managed to sneak him into most of these threads, no matter what the question, go read through them) Maul is my idol... I love the horned warrior... Even if he is only half the man i am*chuckle*(HAHA, he was cut in half... Get it?)

But, as you have probably also noticed, i like old ben(His wisdom is actauly the inspiration for recinis' attitude)

hmmm... I also like Yoda... I guess all those jedi who have left there cause are just cool... Unlike that sissy luke, who claims to be a jedi, yet was still just a padawan, and on top of that, he used the darkside in the movies... what a pansy... "im a jedi knight" *choke* bah...

Id have to say, of the original movies though, defenetly han and chewy, chewwie above all others though, he is the one person in the movies that i truly think was the greatest character idea ever, but he's not complete without han(you all notice how there was han without chewy, but never chewy without han? EH? see the connection)

youve probably seen han's reflection in flac

But over all, defenetly the big DM... Maul was the man...err zabrack..err, no he wanst technequly that either...damn dark side of the force... err, well, I guess he was the darkside of the force...

Then again, i gotta give props to Graysith, heh, why do you think somehow or another every one of my characters is in love with hers... Recinis-gray, Entaris-Sharhylla... Flac is after galen... Allaria is IllaAnda's sister... Eh, you see it? YOU SEE! Jharu's her son... Ya... ANd err, Alcron is a stalker that sits outside graysith and recinis' window and watches them at night... *whistles* *is not really obsessed with her*

[ 12-08-2002 08:10 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Entaris ]

--------------------

"Insert Snappy quote here"

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.46
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 12-08-2002 09:49 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Funny as you are, you nor Labon are an inspiration, sorry to say, lol.

Well my true inspiration has been the latest version of Anakin Skywalker, which the conflict is projected mostly through Lumbia. The situation with the darkness and light that has arrived in his life in post and stuff, which kinda came from Anakin Skywalker, and alot of Luke (Though a pansy) he has had conflict with the darkness, and admitting that he is an actual Jedi Knight, though he did say he was, he wasn't an offical one, much like my character.

Jamel Garth actually had no inspirations, which probably was my inspiration in creating him. Their was never a little kid who roamed the galaxy looking for trouble, but he does have similatiries to Han Solo, but their aren't true evident ones. Also reality kinda was an inspiration, as their are many battiered kids along the world, which is kinda the orgin of Jamel Garth's perspective.

Well those are my two characters, and I love 'em so dearly. Hehe...and may the Force be with you....

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 12-08-2002 10:17 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dear Lumbia,

Pick a username to post with outside of the RP and stick with it.

Love,

Anakin

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 12.220.189.75
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 12-08-2002 10:24 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for the head up, this will be the one

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 12-08-2002 11:25 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Now im hurt *sniffle* sure, the head admin dude tells you to stick with one, and you say sure... But I ask you to, and you say "i will be posting with lumbia" *sniffle* i feel so unloved... *chuckle*

--------------------

"Insert Snappy quote here"

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.72.66
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 12-09-2002 04:36 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Let it hereby be known throughout the realms! Let the cry go up with a resounding voice!

My Dark Lord is NOT unloved, and therefore should not feel as he does.

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 04-26-2003 12:36 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I would also like to say that Lumbia also has a bit of Quin Jon Jin, but very very very rarely in there...hehe

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Dash Kelderon

On the Road to Redemption

Member # 427

posted 04-27-2003 08:21 AM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I can't recall a time when I've read any QUI-GON in LUMBIA... can you point out these instances for me... *LOL*

--------------------

Those 2 guys may be IDIOTS... but they think the same way I do!

Posts: 655 | From: M.I,A | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 63.88.67.230
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 04-27-2003 12:39 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
When he was on the toilet. Lol

Well mainly his first instance of light. We're he had less instinctive moves and had a concept that you should feel. When he was a Dark Jedi he was very instictive as well as selective of feelings. This isolated his hatred, anger and fear into one area which caused him to fight in such a vigorous as well as angered manner.

Such as killing Britney during his orbit of Coruscant because of the blockade.

He right now has a more mature, genorous attitude, with a touch of wisdom which is somewhat like Quin-Jon Jin and Obi-Wan Kenobi. Still though he has that conflict, which has seemed to be less controlled by darkness and overwhelmed by the power of light within him.

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05