my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Star Wars Discussion   » Characters   » Yoda

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Yoda
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 06-19-2002 12:42 AM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok, in the original tril, was he, or was he not abusive?

I vote yes, luke could have hit him with assault with a deadly weapon, damn cain wielding bastard

--------------------

"Insert Snappy quote here"

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.51.224
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 06-19-2002 10:30 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Haha, this thread should be about his greatness. Do you like him, or do you not. What do you think of Yoda's past....what do you think about Yoda in any form.

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.246.169.9
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 06-19-2002 10:56 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yoda is a bad ass character, but he still abuses his apprentices, no wonder they all go to the dark side... Luke, dukoo. And had he trained anyothers they prolly would go to the darkside...though, i must say his stick wielding tactics are very impressive...

"lift the rock!" *whap* " no try! do!" *whap whap*

--------------------

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.84
Sid

Member # 228

posted 06-20-2002 01:18 AM     Profile for Sid   Author's Homepage   Email Sid     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Luke didn't go to the dark side....

--------------------

"The girl didn't do anything...and the droid either. Let them leave...or you shall die!"-Sid

"Its not bragging if its true..."-Sid

Posts: 96 | From: Cali | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 12.246.169.9
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 06-20-2002 04:24 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's called tough love.

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 172.150.42.117
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 06-20-2002 04:41 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
He didn't use his stick when he was teaching the padawans to use the force in episode 2...(when obiwan came in to ask about the 'missing' planet)
Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.160.251
Trel kentar

Member # 230

posted 06-20-2002 06:39 PM     Profile for Trel kentar   Author's Homepage   Email Trel kentar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yo, Just FYI luke DOES go to the dark side... Didnt you see him choke the pig guard in jabbas palace? DUH! ask anyone after the series he leans to the darkside...it is of course because balance must be brought, but he does indeed fall to the darkside, then returns again, and starts the jedi acadamy.... jeez....

---Your friend, the loser jedi

--------------------

"im just a loser jedi, in a vast univers of winners..."
Section 4, article three of Trels book of facts

Posts: 64 | From: Phelan | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 209.179.206.230
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 06-20-2002 07:13 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What are you talking about? Just because he killed the pig doesn't mean he went to the dark side. If he had done nothing, he would have died. Luke never went to the Dark Side.

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 172.128.176.113
Narcolm

Member # 222

posted 06-20-2002 10:31 PM     Profile for Narcolm   Author's Homepage   Email Narcolm     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
first of the pig is a Gamorean *SP* and second of all, anyone can choke with the force. He uses the darkside when he fights vader and slices off his hand, just for a few secs though, then he catches himself and doesnt finih vader.

--------------------

Rathal

(I AM turning to the Darkside)

"There's room at the top they're telling you still, but first you must learn how to smile as you kill."

Posts: 74 | From: See Rahthal | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 205.188.197.162
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 06-27-2002 10:00 AM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I read somewhere that Luke goes to the darkside..hmm this topic sure has gotten off...welll topic :P anyway, ya, i read it somewhere, i think graysith told me too, but im not sure... he goes to the darkside because all thats left is him, one jedi, and so i leans to it and then goes jedi again to start the knew jedi order... but then again, what do i know?

and not anyone can choke someone... jedi's do not use the force in an offensive manor, thats why there jedi... but once again, what do i know...

--------------------

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.118
rexcoeus

Broken Back Button

Member # 285

posted 07-07-2002 07:56 PM     Profile for rexcoeus   Author's Homepage   Email rexcoeus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Luke didn't turn to the darkside until the books, but he returned and started the Academy (basically what Trel kentar says). He did lean on the darkside in the trilogy, but I don't believe that chocking the gamorean guard had too much to do with it. About Yoda, he is the Jedi. None compare to his power. Even though technically Anakin did have a greater midichlorian count, Yoda utilize's his power better, and was by far the better Jedi.

--------------------

May the Force be with you... always...

Posts: 12 | From: The Cantina on Mos Eisly | Registered: Jul 2002  |  Logged: 66.31.218.222
SeanHortkron

Pilot of Unknown Past

Member # 279

posted 07-07-2002 10:17 PM     Profile for SeanHortkron   Author's Homepage   Email SeanHortkron     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well he isn't the greatest. He might be of the generator that we say it in, but to quote lucasart's company when constructing of the game Old Republic's Jedi Knight "The Old Republic's Jedi Class was much stronger then the one that we see in the movies." So their highest Council Member probably was far beyond Yoda's ability!

--------------------

The Power of crave can overwhelm the strenght of pride.

Posts: 94 | From: Irutula | Registered: Jul 2002  |  Logged: 12.246.169.9

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05