my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Star Wars Discussion   » Characters   » luke-anything good

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: luke-anything good
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 06-12-2002 04:26 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Im just wondering, is there any good points about luke? to me he was the stupidest character ever, the only reason anyone ever could like him, was because he was the only person in the original 3 that had the force, and was a main character... i mean he was a freaken idiot... heres some examples of such things...

1. he kissed his sister....ewww...i dont care if he knew or not...just eww...
2.yoda told him before he went in the hole "you wont need your weapons there." what does he do, he straps on EVERYTHING he has at his disposle...
3. Yoda say's "your not ready, you must finish your training. YOUR NOT A JEDI YET!" and he says "thanks for the training, im a jedi now, gotta go help me friends...bye"
4. he argued with yoda(thats more suicidal then stupid, but stupid non the less)
5. He calls himself a jedi when he talks with jabba, and like 3 seconds before then, he used the freaken darkside on two guards? WTF? "im a jedi!opps, i dont like you" *choke*
6. Obi wan says "you wont be a jedi untill you face your father" well guess what he goes of singing "im a jedi, im a jedi, yes indeed im a jedi...." WTF-again-!
7. Another jedi comment, He wears all black....jedi + black= Not jedi
8. he just is an idiot. thats reason enough right?
9. Obi wan tells him "Hide the fact that you have a sister, dont think about it! if vader finds out, your screwed!" and he goes "a sister? hmm...who is it?" obi "you dont need to know!" luke "OH its laiya!" obi "dont think about it!" luke to laiya "your my sister" and so vader finds out!

arrrgg...any good points to add? any more bad ones?

--------------------

"Insert Snappy quote here"

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.133
Dalen Garuud

Squad Premier

Member # 238

posted 06-12-2002 04:51 PM     Profile for Dalen Garuud   Author's Homepage   Email Dalen Garuud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i agree, he is a lil retard but as for the dressing in all black thing, if you look at the Jedi Knight games and you see the new Jedi guys, they haven't got a uniform, they just dress in what is comfortable so do the sith. Anyway, the thing about "don't think of your sister" its easier said than done, its like when people say, "empty your minds" how do you empty your mind? you're gonna still be thinking of emtying your mind!

[ 06-12-2002 04:53 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Dalen Garuud ]

--------------------

Trust anything but your mind!

Posts: 19 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 62.30.0.2
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 06-12-2002 10:53 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
its just gross...but he's a Friggen idiot...i personaly wish the walking talking rug would have ended up wit the force..
choobaca would rule as a jedi

--------------------

"Insert Snappy quote here"

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.21
Dalen Garuud

Squad Premier

Member # 238

posted 06-13-2002 02:38 AM     Profile for Dalen Garuud   Author's Homepage   Email Dalen Garuud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
wouldn't he end up setting himself on fire with his light sabre? O.o

--------------------

Trust anything but your mind!

Posts: 19 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 194.117.151.68
Dinla

Broken Back Button

Member # 245

posted 06-13-2002 11:45 AM     Profile for Dinla   Author's Homepage   Email Dinla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dalen Garuud:[QB]i agree, he is a lil retard but as for the dressing in all black thing, if you look at the Jedi Knight games and you see the new Jedi guys, they haven't got a uniform, they just dress in what is comfortable so do the sith. Anyway, the thing about "don't think of your sister" its easier said than done, its like when people say, "empty your minds" how do you empty your mind? you're gonna still be thinking of emtying your mind![/QB]

Very true....

--------------------

"You will die...Admiral"-Dinla

"My...my parents grave is upon that planet!"-Dinla

Posts: 9 | From: HelllishLand | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.246.169.9
Aidan

Broken Back Button

Member # 293

posted 07-25-2002 08:16 PM     Profile for Aidan   Author's Homepage   Email Aidan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
1. SHE kissed HIM!
5. He didn't choke him. Read the anthology "Tales From Jabba's Palace."
Other than that, yeah, he's an moron.
I personally wish the trilogy would have focused on Han Solo. HE wouldn't have bothered with Vader and the Emperor. He would have put his skills to more practical use, like not getting his hand lopped off!

[ 07-25-2002 08:17 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Aidan ]

Posts: 6 | From: | Registered: Jul 2002  |  Logged: 216.229.173.107
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 07-29-2002 09:52 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I dont care what anything in a book said, he did indeed choke the pigs, if you look, they grasp there throats as they die. the whole purpose of that scene was to show that he was folling his fathers steps i believe, otherwise they woulda just done something else and freed han, but the showed that scene with the pigs to make you go, hmm, he's like vader...i cant remember but, it could be that he didnt know he was vaders sun yet, and that was to be a little hint... i cant remember exactly though...

Still, one thing we must always remember, Chewy would have been a bad as jedi, or at least a good character to continue, had R.A. salvator not killed him off!@!!!!*explodes into a blind rage about how his favorite character in the sw movies got killed*

--------------------

"my hearts my strongest weapon, my mind my swiftess blade, the words i speak can cut your flesh, and leave you in the gray"
---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.51.222
Sissi

Member # 277

posted 07-30-2002 02:43 PM     Profile for Sissi   Author's Homepage   Email Sissi     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I agree that Luke did do the whole choke thing on the Gamorean guards but I don't think they died. I think it was a warning shot! And yes, now I come to think about it, he was reeeeeaaaaallllly lame! he was such a winey little £@#*%! Try saying "...to Anchorhead to pick up some power convertors!" in a winey voice...there you have the perfect Luke Skywalker impression! He should have been slapped early on in those movies if not his life! Maybe if he'd been raised by Anakin he wouldn't have been quite so bad, evil yes, but winey, no.

--------------------

The Force makes a Jedi, not the lightsaber...

Posts: 37 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2002  |  Logged: 62.253.128.6

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05