my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id

»  The Holonet Boards   » Our Galaxy.......   » Useless Junk   » Jedi/Force Talk

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Jedi/Force Talk
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 08-14-2002 03:21 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
These Statements have been posted upon a friend of mines site. He has some good information, so ask for the link if you wanna know a bit about Jedi's/Dark Side and Sith past and beliefs.

Development of the Existence

From lifelessness came life, from dead matter came spirit. With life came perception: the perception of beauty and ugliness, serenity and fear. The Force grew strong as life grew stronger. Life is the universe's way of perceiving itself, the Force is the strength of its perception. As life grew, evolved, became more sophisticated, there came intelligence - and with it, the capacity of understanding. Intelligent beings questioned the universe, and when they were clever enough to ask the questions in the right way, the universe answered. The Force became stronger, more sophisticated, as intelligence spread and sapient's knowledge of the universe deepened.

Yet the nature of the Force is hidden and subtle. Questions about the nature of matter and energy are more easily answered. Intelligent beings developed a high technology by understanding of physical law - yet understanding of the universe's mystical nature lagging behind. Intelligent beings built advanced cultures which were cold, cruel, ignorant of the beat of reality's heart.

So stood the galaxy, until the rise of the Jedi. They studied the Force, they took first few steps on the road to universal harmony. As their mastery deepened, as their fame spread, and as their works began to bring harmony and freedom to the galaxy, they were betrayed. For the Force is not itself good or evil, it is a reflection of nature, and nature itself can be cold and cruel. Evil ones can harness the force to their will - and, by doing so, lose something of their humanity, becoming virtual avatars of the Dark Side of the Force. For the Master of the Dark Side, as for a Master of the Light, it cannot be said whether one controls the Force, or the Force the Master, to ask which is the actor and which the acted upon is a question of no meaning. It was inevitable that some would use the Force to slake their base lust for wealth and power. The Dark Side is easy and seductive, the first successes brought thirst for more. These evil ones brought the great Jedi low, hunting down and killing all of their ancient order. All - or almost all.

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 08-14-2002 03:21 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is for the Role Playing crowd that cliam they want to be Jedi. Maybe you can read this to understand what the Force is to the Jedi..

To use the Force, one must be at harmony with it. Only when you are calm and at peace, then you can act with the assurance of control which is needed. When one - you - is at harmony with the entire creation of the Force, the universe, then you act as you must maintain the harmony of all - inside, outside. The will of the Force and of yourself are one way, the one who acts as an actor and the ones acted upon must be the same same. There is no contradiction: there is unity. You are. And because of this, that is the path of Light.

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 08-14-2002 03:22 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Another Part for you Dark Jedi's. Maybe you can learn a bit fromt his too..

The path of Darkness

There is another path of the Force - the path of Darkness. The universe is an angry morass of power. To release that power, one must harness one's basest emotions: hate, anger, fear, agression. By releasing one's own anger, one releases the anger of eternity. Only when filled with hate, can one perform the most hateful of acts. The will and the Force are one. That is the choice of the Jedi: serenity or hatred, peace or anger, freedom or tyranny, learning or power, the Light or the Darkness. Because the use of the Force and the way the Force uses its user are one, the choice is inescapable. A Jedi who starts down the path of the Dark Side will forever be dominated by it. That is why the Jedi must follow a strict code.

To use the Force, the Jedi must remain at harmony with it. To act in dissonance depletes one's power.

The Force is created and sustained by life. The Jedi acts to preserve life. To kill is wrong.

Yet it is often necessary to kill. The Jedi may kill in self defense or the defense of others. You may kill if, by doing so, life is preserved.
But you must know, always, that killing is wrong. When you kill, you commit a crime against the Force. Though you may know that you do so for the greater good, and the greater good justifies your act, you must also know that the death remains as a stain upon your spirit.
The Jedi does not act for personal gain, of wealth or of power. You must act to gain knowledge, to sustain freedom, life, and learning, to defeat those who would impose tyranny, death and ignorance.
Sometimes, wealth or power is needed to achieve the Jedi's goals. Money is required for the purchase of goods, power is required to obtain the help of others. To achieve one's goals, a Jedi may obtain wealth or power, but is not interested in it for its own sake, and will surrender it once those goals are achieved.

A Jedi never acts from hatred, anger, fear or aggression. A Jedi must act when calm, at peace with the Force. To act from anger is to court the Dark Side, to risk everything for which the Jedi stand.

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 08-14-2002 03:23 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Information on Allies of the Jedi

A Jedi's greatest ally is the Force

Jedi's use of the Force is his greatest skill and most difficult achievement.

The Force is a powerful field created by all living things, it surrounds and penetrates the entire galaxy... but it does not fall to everyone to use it as a source of insight and power.

A Jedi from the beginning must do what most men cannot, develop a sensitivity to this Force. He must actually feel it, feel his oneness with it, feel it tangible flow through him, then his conscious awareness must join the Force so that the knowledge through the Force will become his own.
At some point a Jedi learns to abandon reliance on his own mind and its effort. He learns to stretch out with his feeling, to let go of his limited idea of himself, and to move with the deeply instinctive levels of his being. By listening, by becoming peaceful, by turning his attention to the Force, he finds that place where his individuality is joined to the knowledge and power of the universe.

At some point a Jedi becomes one with the force. It consumes him, penetrates him, makes him part of all living things.

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 08-14-2002 03:24 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Last Information on the Force of the Light Side...if you want more, just ask. And after this one, lets talk about what you read, so that you role Players and information holders can just disagree or discuss a bit...

Feeling In Connection with the Jedi Code

"Remember. Concentrate on the moment. Feel...don’t think. Use your instincts."

...Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn

"You must do what you feel is right, of course."

...Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi

"You must feel the Force around you."

...Jedi Master Yoda

"Search your feelings father. You can't do this. I feel the conflict in you."

...Jedi Master Luke Skywalker

As for a Jedi’s concern, one must strive to understand when the importance of feeling should be looked upon. Just a simple feeling can be a crucial weapon, either to save a soul or to slay a being. Feeling is a two-edged Lightsabre so to speak, in which you must comprehend when and how to use it. A Jedi involved with the Force should understand and know the balance of feeling.

Qui-Gon pointed this conception out when training Obi-Wan. Later, Obi-Wan used the that conception in which he learned from Qui-Gon, and pointed that out to Luke. Luke later pointed it out from Obi-Wan and Yoda to his father Anakin. You see, this realization was given at times when one was thinking and not knowing by instinct, having to much doubt and misconception that would lead them astray towards the path of the Dark Side. For Obi-Wan, it was not believing in his actions while in training. For Luke, it was a remembrance of how his Uncle Owen was preventing him from not getting involved. For Anakin (Darth Vader), it was the pride influenced by Emperor Palpatine (Darth Sidious) in not wanting to face the truth of who he was. Even Darth Maul's actions in the duel that cost him his death is another example that a Jedi should realize.

Obi-Wan, Luke, and Anakin were examples of when we use too much action and too much thought, in which we do not have control. We become like robots, as symbolized with Darth Vader, in which we cannot function nor give compassion, and the Force cannot affect us as much as it should. It is only when letting go of your fears and your disbelieves will the Force use you and live inside you, providing you the inspiration to find your abilities.

Remember, as said in the Jedi Code, "There is no emotion, there is peace...There is no ignorance, there is knowledge." Some can’t understand why it says this and some Jedi I find later on don’t agree with it, since Yoda, Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, and Luke expressed that one should have relied on their feelings, not as much on thoughts and actions. Yet you have to also realize why they said that when they did. The reason for them stating such in that certain moment of time.

You see, feeling for a Jedi is used to control doubt. And once you control that doubt, you then should have reliance upon your knowledge and actions in which the Force will guide you with. In other words, when you balance the comprehension of feeling upon your other abilities such as thought and action, you are in control.

By understanding this concept, the Jedi remind each other when they are to lost in doubt upon only thought and action to rely on feeling. It is for the sake of equilibrium with the Force. Yet, to obtain feeling, we should realize when to use it. How much of it we use in our decisions, our choices, and our commitments. Remember that the Jedi uses balance. If you are troubled, it is probably because you have lost that balance, whether it be only thought, only action, or only feeling.

Know and realize the truth. Let your instincts remind you of what is right. You will always, always know a Jedi when you look upon how that person controls his feelings, his thoughts, and his actions. Remember the power of feeling, and when it should be used and pointed out to another Jedi, as with Obi-Wan, Luke, and Anakin. Realize the truth and connection. And lastly, understand how it gives balance to the code.

When you do this, you will again step into a larger world.

...Jedi Relan Volkum

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 08-14-2002 10:18 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yet Another, but this one is about the Balance of the Force

The Balance of the Force

In one of Lucas's first scripts of Star Wars, he refers as Luke being "the Son of the Suns", describing a "Force of Others" which one can percive and experience. One of the most asked questions that The Phantom Menace sites have is this: Windu talks of a prophecy that there will be one who will provide a "balance" the force. He asks if it is Anakin. Yet is the prophesy refering to Anakin, or maybe his son Luke? As I view these lives from the old trilogy, I see that the Jedi Windu is mistaken...it is Luke. I've looked at the earlier scripts, and I see an example of my claim.

In the third draft, the one with the quote "The Son of the Suns", Deak, the brother of Skywalker is claimed to be this savior of conquering the Sith to bring back the Old Republic. That is what was spoke of in prophecy to "A balance to The Force". Yet, while captured by Darth Vader, he is seen to not be the redeemer. It is a young boy named Luke Starkiller, a person who seems so helpless forces himself to save his brother, as well as destroying the Death Star, etc. Return of the Jedi is suppose to be the climax of the films, to which Vader is changed back as Anakin with help of his son Luke. This alone proves that balance The Phantom Menace refers to. This is the true prophesy. Where good stares at evil to show to evil what he truly is.

Obi-Wan knew that he was to be a mentor to the person who would provide the balance of The Force, relating to the prophecy. He thought he was Anakin, yet he was wrong in teaching him, as mentioned in Return of the Jedi. Luke though became his hope, to bring "The Balance of The Force" the prophesy talked about. Obi-Wan knew that Luke would prevail his destiny. By seeing Wan's eyes in A New Hope when he died by Vader's blade, proved that he knew the future from the force. He looked at Luke, then back at Vader, and saw right then in there that it was not his fight, that it was Luke who would kill Vader and bring out Anakin. Obi-Wan's fighting would not change this. It had to be someone more personal to Vader, his own flesh and blood.

That is why he put up his lightsabre, and died with dignity. The Force told him that he had served his purpose. And that is why a Jedi exists - to serve his purpose.

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 08-28-2002 10:33 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
uppin for a review or two, hehe.....rhyming all the timing

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 09-01-2002 11:05 AM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This thread is tainted by the darkness... I just thought id warn any of you out here that read it... It made my power go offline... stupid voodoo thread

--------------------

"Insert Snappy quote here"

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.144
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 09-01-2002 06:28 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Force is Strong in the Thread....

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

All times are CT  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05