my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Our Galaxy.......   » Beyond Star Wars   » NBA Playoffs

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: NBA Playoffs
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 06-16-2003 10:00 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That was the worst playoffs I've ever laid my eyes on. It was straight down hill when Chris Webber was injured and the Lakers lost. The Spurs caught a lucky win or so and made it to the finals. The only games I feel on a normal day they would have won is against the Mavs and the Phoenix. Otherwise, they don't deserve the title.

Just like they don't deserve the first one they attained.

Horrible Playoffs this year....

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Taehun

Dark Jedi

Member # 290

posted 06-16-2003 11:53 PM     Profile for Taehun   Author's Homepage   Email Taehun     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Waaahhh....

I'm just glad that David Robinson won another one on his way out, he's probably the classiest man I've ever seen play professional sports.

Oh, and I'm not a Spurs fan.

--------------------

All in all it was just another brick in the wall,
all in all you were just another brick in the wall.

Posts: 248 | From: USAFA, CO | Registered: Jul 2002  |  Logged: 198.81.26.206
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 06-17-2003 12:15 AM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yah that's good, but otherwise I hate Tim Duncan, mainly because of the hype around him. They carve him out to be so fantastic, but he only is tall and has fundamental ability.

He hasn't done anything that is truly athlethic or even unpredictable. I've done all his moves and I play point. He is just annoying as a player.

He's good, but he's annoying.

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Taehun

Dark Jedi

Member # 290

posted 06-17-2003 12:01 PM     Profile for Taehun   Author's Homepage   Email Taehun     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Last time I checked, fundamentals make up 90% of sports...

Besides, he carried his team to the NBA Championship. That alone should speak for his level of talent.

And remember...executing those moves are easier when you're not going against NBA caliber players.

--------------------

Posts: 248 | From: USAFA, CO | Registered: Jul 2002  |  Logged: 198.81.26.206
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 06-17-2003 12:12 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yet it's not spectacular like they are trying to describe him. He ain't nothing that is special at all. Yao Ming does the same thing and this is first year in the league. Vlade Divac does the same as well....

Everything he does is overexatiorated, mainly because without those who are on his team he wouldn't hold that much. If their was another person better on the team right now than him he wouldn't hold such an important presence.

It is shown in Yao Mings first year, with Steve Francis larger. He gains hype around him, but the true reason it is so because he is from China and tall. Otherwise if he was from China and short, had the same skills he'd be nothing.

Their are others like him out there. He just has a higher level of knowledge in the fundamental skill.

I'm not saying I don't like Duncan because simply he has fundamental skill because you have to have that, but the fact that how they are creating this idea that "He" is the superstar of that team and is all great.

He doesn't deserve that MVP award either. Jason Kidd did, and if he didn't have that trouble with his wife he would have had it.

Also, Tim as I've said before isn't spectacular. He holds no flare, just normal every day moves that someone his size should be able to do. A few shots from the outside are the only things you wouldn't see from someone his height and weight in the league.

EDIT: Actually I've seen people do the same moves in the league just not on good teams like him.

Another thing, he didn't lead his team at all. He might have had a higher score than others, but that is mainly because of everyone else. They helped in taking the pressure off of him. He's no Micheal Jordan, he's no Kobe Bryant, he is no Shaq.

Duncan didn't lead anybody to anything. He helped, but he didn't lead. Maybe in the scoring stats and rebording, but that doesn't mean much.

He wasn't scoring that well in a few of those games and other people stepped up to help him in the path to the Finals.

So no, he didn't lead anybody.

He didn't have a spectacular year, it was like every other year he has had in the league. Decent, but nothing spectacular happened. Nothing you can take a picture of, or even remember him for.

He's a decent player with height and fundamental skill. Duncan is normal, skilled but normal. He has alot of complimentary players, but without them he wouldn't be that much of a player by himself.

[ 06-17-2003 12:16 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by LumbiaSith ]

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Taehun

Dark Jedi

Member # 290

posted 06-18-2003 12:09 AM     Profile for Taehun   Author's Homepage   Email Taehun     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
*Sniff..sniff sniff....I think I smell a bitter Sacramento fan...

haha, j/k Don't worry, I'm just a bitter Laker's fan.

This is a little off topic, but Lumbia's post just reminded me about something...has anyone else noticed how Jean Reno and Vlade Divac look alike?

Separated at birth?

[ 06-18-2003 12:14 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Taehun ]

--------------------

Posts: 248 | From: USAFA, CO | Registered: Jul 2002  |  Logged: 172.192.20.124
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 06-18-2003 01:24 AM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Everything but the nose.

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05