my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Our Galaxy.......   » Beyond Star Wars   » dreams...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: dreams...
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 02-12-2003 01:14 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
(not for the timid, or those with weak stomachs...)

I had, what had to have been, my weirdest dream last night... here goes a brief description:

First, I was flying a plane... simple enough, but we ran out of fuel... so we stopped somewhere in Texas to re-fuel at a gas station...

it gets better... we're being chased, and we barely get out of there... thanks to my skill as a pilot...

That's when it started to get REALLY weird...

Believe it or not, I was now Tiger Woods' caddy...

I think I saw something on Sportscenter about his caddy, so that explains that...

Ok, I was me... but everyone else thought I was his caddy/personal director of the media... I had to wear this head band/wireless head set... but it had a battery that went in my shirt pocket... and, they told me that it causes cancer!!?

I was out of there after that... I mean, I wanted to get on TV, but not at that cost... first I see a bus lot, and at my whim it turns into a car lot... I grab some light-blue convertible, and hightail it out of there...

Now, I was on a San Diego highway... going the wrong way up an on ramp, and bicyclists coming down the ramp are nearly running ME over...

It get's even better...

For some reason, I have to ditch my car, and go down some rain drainage access shaft... on the other side, it's sunny... and there's a makeshift walking bridge made of wood, underneath is clear blue-green water...

one problem, I've lost use of my legs, and have to go underneath the bridge and sway across it like they were monkey bars...

The nails give, and I'm hanging on for dear life to this pile of wood and nails that was once a bridge...

Now, I'm inside a soup kitchen... I still have the uncontrollable urge to keep running away from something...

This soup kitchen turns into the Chef's house, I make a couple of wrong turns, finally find the front door...

but it's locked, I quickly unlock it with the chef breathing down my neck...

I go outside, and it's a marina... fish crates all over the dock... I start to run, but some thing stopped me...

The phone rang, and I woke up...

So, what's it all mean, doc?

[ 02-12-2003 11:24 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Loban ]

--------------------

In the absence of light, darkness prevails

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.161.95
arogers1102

Super Saiyan Jedi

Member # 422

posted 02-12-2003 11:26 PM     Profile for arogers1102   Author's Homepage   Email arogers1102     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What the hell did you eat before bed to have that dream??? However, I think that the dream focused mainly on CHANGE... so I predict a life altering change or decision in your near future... Could be about SCHOOL, WORK, LOVE, or FRIENDS. Only you will find out! But try not to worry too much about this, it could be "just" a dream! then again, it could be a self fullfilling prophecy! so tread carefully, but don't look like you're treading carefully! I don't know, TREAD CASUAL!

--------------------

o{///////0//)={#################################
Which STAR WARS character does GOKU remind you of in my avatar picture???
Anybody picture LUKE in the BACTA tank???

Posts: 105 | From: New Brunswick (eastern CANADA) | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 24.231.28.200
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 02-12-2003 11:29 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, I might be moving to San Diego soon... that could be it...

Anyway, I've realized that I probably shouldn't have posted this, and retract the whole thing...

--------------------

arogers1102

Super Saiyan Jedi

Member # 422

posted 02-12-2003 11:31 PM     Profile for arogers1102   Author's Homepage   Email arogers1102     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If you are to move to SAN DIEGO... will you still be posting with the rest of us... you know all 5!

--------------------

o{///////0//)={#################################
Which STAR WARS character does GOKU remind you of in my avatar picture???
Anybody picture LUKE in the BACTA tank???

Posts: 105 | From: New Brunswick (eastern CANADA) | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 24.231.28.200
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 02-13-2003 09:48 AM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hmmm, i know what it means loban, i can tell you exactly what it means...

it means, that you should lay off the caffien, and stay away from bridges...

Anyway, best of luck to you, san diago eh? best of luck...

theres only 5? wow, your right,sheesh...

[ 02-15-2003 07:59 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

"Insert Snappy quote here"

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.17
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 02-13-2003 11:25 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh pooh.

Dreams occur when we are approaching wakefulness... hence the reason we often remember them with some clarity. It has been said that by writing down a dream the moment one wakes up, one can train themselves to remember more than the "final" dream of the night... we go in and out of various stages of sleep, and dream as we "cycle up" to approach waking up each time.

Dreams are random electrical (ie: neuron) charges from one portion of the brain to another. Memories are stored all over the brain. Your brain was just active... everything represented some memory to you -- the Tiger Woods portion is an example. The others might have come wafting up from an older memory about something consciously forgotten.

Quite possibly at some point you were highly impressed with a bridge for one reason or another. I know there are many, many bicyclists Florida (great flat terrain, heh) so that was probably a "flash" of you seeing a group of them go by at one time. The blue convertible... have you watched a movie featuring a blue convertible? Or maybe saw one driving around that you thought was neat.

Ie: you see something, hear something, smell something... it is sensory input... it goes into the brain, and since for the most part it isn't repeated, probably just into "short term" memory. Thus consciously forgotten, unless it was something seen recently. And then the neurons fire and happen to trigger that particular "storage spot..."

Voila. A mishmash of weirdness. Nothing prophetic about it.

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 02-13-2003 11:27 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Actually, now that I read your dream again, I am seeing lots of parts which are similar to some movies, and I know you like to watch movies. That could be where all the sensory input is coming from.

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 02-13-2003 11:30 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, heh...

My only point was how I remembered 3 seperate, or at least different dreams...

Now that I've had time to think about it, I can make sense out of everything but the blue convertable... although, it could have been a silver Z4...

heh, that's the car of my dreams...

--------------------

BobPalpatine

Foo Fighter

Member # 17

posted 02-14-2003 01:20 AM     Profile for BobPalpatine   Author's Homepage   Email BobPalpatine     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Many psychologists beleive that dreams are a form of encoding memory. So its all about memory. Which could explain why I have a great memory...I do sleep A LOT.

--------------------

"Can't you hear my motored heart? Your the one that started it!"

-Foo Fighters "Generator"

Cogito ergo sum

BobPalpatine
Holonet Admin

Posts: 681 | From: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  Logged: 172.145.5.115
Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 02-14-2003 11:29 AM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, see above what Graysith said. It's all about neural activity during sleep and the memories stored in your brain. You dream during REM (rapid eye movement) sleep, when there is ALOT of nueral activity going on in your brain. Because memories are created from nueral connections, the activation of various and random connections causes you to "dream."

So like I said, what Graysith said. Only less eloquently than she put it.

[ 02-14-2003 11:30 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Mara1Jade ]

--------------------

Small minds think in small terms!
~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 65.80.105.224
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 02-16-2003 02:53 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Weird dream.

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05