my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Our Galaxy.......   » Beyond Star Wars   » Survivor

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Survivor
arogers1102

Super Saiyan Jedi

Member # 422

posted 02-11-2003 12:02 AM     Profile for arogers1102   Author's Homepage   Email arogers1102     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Is anyone else getting sick of all the reality TV shows on the air right now... It seems to me that SURVIVOR is the only one that has had any real "staying" power. However, I feel that the whole concept of the show is just plain annoying now. It should not have lasted more than 2 seasons. Anyone else want to vent thier frustrations?

--------------------

o{///////0//)={#################################
Which STAR WARS character does GOKU remind you of in my avatar picture???
Anybody picture LUKE in the BACTA tank???

Posts: 105 | From: New Brunswick (eastern CANADA) | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 24.231.28.200
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 02-11-2003 12:30 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Three words:

I hate them.

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.213.76
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 02-11-2003 12:30 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here's three more:

They are ridiculous.

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.213.76
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 02-11-2003 12:32 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Insulting one's intelligence.

(This is getting addictive....)

--------------------

Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 02-11-2003 12:33 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The longer people watch 'farthest from-reality television', the longer it will be around...

I really can't comprehend why one would want to watch 20 women fight for a guy that says he's a millionaire...

but, that's just me...

--------------------

In the absence of light, darkness prevails

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.161.95
Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 02-11-2003 12:34 AM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, I never liked them from the first Survivor. For the main reason: they aren't REALLY reality, sheesh. So much of it seems such a put on to me, so very unbelievable. I haven't watched more than five minutes of them, but just what I see via commercials is enough to convince me it's all just a load of crap.

--------------------

Small minds think in small terms!
~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 66.20.159.80
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 02-11-2003 12:39 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just to elaborate on the 'millionaire' show...

They even call the guy, Joe Millionaire, when he's at events... it's really starting to scare me when there are tv shows reporting on reality shows...

i.e. Access Hollywood...

[ 02-11-2003 12:40 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Loban ]

--------------------

In the absence of light, darkness prevails

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.161.95
arogers1102

Super Saiyan Jedi

Member # 422

posted 02-11-2003 11:11 AM     Profile for arogers1102   Author's Homepage   Email arogers1102     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes... it does seem a little crazy, that shows like EXTRA, and ACCESS HOLLYWOOD have to fill the void with useless garbage like repotring on the last episode of "The BATCHELOR", "JOE MILLIONAIRE", TEMPTATION ISLAND, and the like. I have to say this "Who even gives a rats @$$???" I really don't even care about what goes on in the lives of real celebs, (that is what the shows are really supposed to report on) let alone the lives of some SCHMUKS that volenteered to starve to death on some beach in the middle of nowhere, or some pathetic loser with rich parents and an overactive, under used SEX DRIVE, try to get naked with a bunch of women/men who are way out of that individuals league!!! It is just soo frustrating!!! If they want to fill our minds with useless junk, why not show re-runs of our fav childhood cartoons... ei. THUNDERCATS, SMURFS, DROIDS, EWOKS, or even the GET ALONG GANG. *LOL* used to really like that show when I was 3 or 4!

--------------------

Posts: 105 | From: New Brunswick (eastern CANADA) | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 24.231.28.200
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 02-11-2003 04:13 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think they'll go away in time. The only season of survivor I watched was season 2, and I really liked it a lot. I used to really like the real world, but that was back when it wasn't "let's get a bunch of beautiful 20 year olds and try and get them to have sex." I like the Osbournes though, but that's starting to get a little boring now that the fame is going to their heads. Is American Idol considered reality TV? I like the first few episodes of that when anyone can audition, those are funny...

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 12.220.189.20
arogers1102

Super Saiyan Jedi

Member # 422

posted 02-11-2003 11:18 PM     Profile for arogers1102   Author's Homepage   Email arogers1102     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If you want to count "American Idol" as a reality show, let's say that "Pop Stars" is as well... that means that my sister was part of that "REALITY TV" crap, as she was in popstars, and actually made it to TORONTO. Only 45 people in CANADA got to go to the final auditions in TORONTO... so I guess I should be proud. Well, I'm not! *LOL* She should never have taken part in what we refer to as "reality TV"!!!

--------------------

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05