my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Our Galaxy.......   » Beyond Star Wars   » Glaring Holes

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Glaring Holes
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 01-16-2003 06:25 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok, how many people see the obvious faults in the movie, Signs?

1. If water is so deadly to the aliens, then why the heck did they try to take over the earth, a planet that is 2/3 water?

2. Why were they running around in Brazil, completely unaffected? I mean, think about it: the humidity in Brazil is sky-high. Surely wandering around in an atmosphere with 98% relative humidity would be kinda like us walking around in tear gas.

3. Everyone panics when ships appear and don't contact us. They just sit. Couldn't that be seen as a way to reassure us that though it is obvious to our world that they are alien and potentially dangerous, by just sitting quietly there they prove that they mean us no harm?

4. I love how everyone is suddenly taking a totally speculative book - complete with drawings, no less, not photos or any solid evidence - as rote and factual.

OK, those are just off the top of my head. Any takers?

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 01-16-2003 07:36 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I really enjoyed the movie...

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 12.220.185.199
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 01-16-2003 09:32 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I enjoyed the movie as well, I understand what you are getting at... but, perhaps there aren't as many 'class M' planets, or they have taken over many of the others...

Having said that, baseball saving the day once again... that's what it's all about...

[ 01-16-2003 09:33 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Loban ]

--------------------

In the absence of light, darkness prevails

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.162.11
Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 01-16-2003 11:19 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Never thought of it, but I see your point. And the only thing I can think to account for the fact that they were taking over a planet that was 2/3 water, a substance which was deadly to them, is that perhaps they weren't aware of this.

The thing about Brazil has me stumped. Err...maybe they are only killed by water in its liquid state? *no clue*

[ 01-16-2003 11:20 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Mara1Jade ]

--------------------

Small minds think in small terms!
~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 66.20.156.6

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05