my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Our Galaxy.......   » Beyond Star Wars   » Favorite 80's musical artist...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Favorite 80's musical artist...
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 09-30-2002 09:13 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Who is yours? I would have to say mine would be... Phil Collins... and btw, I made it to Chicago safe and sound...

--------------------

In the absence of light, darkness prevails

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 63.240.155.181
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 09-30-2002 09:55 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ummm 80's? naw, all about the 70's, carles dougles, kung fu fighting.... *sings* "every body was kung fu fighting, those kicks were fast as lightning, in fact, it was a little bit frightning, but they fought with expert timing, its an ancient chinnies art, and every body knew thier part, from a fainting and a slip, to a kick in from the hip" i havnt listened to it in a while, so if i got a few lines wrong, well...

--------------------

"Insert Snappy quote here"

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.154
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 09-30-2002 10:25 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hmm...then of course, there is after all Queen, how could i forget about them? *hint: queen=best band ever...*

--------------------

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.154
Taehun

Dark Jedi

Member # 290

posted 09-30-2002 11:21 PM     Profile for Taehun   Author's Homepage   Email Taehun     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Although I am a child of the 90s, there are too many 80s artists that I like to mention them all, but off the top of my head, this is what I came up with...

Chicago
AC/DC
Guns and Roses
Queen
Eagles
Phil Collins
Run DMC
Poison

I'll probably add more later

Oh yeah, I guess you can consider Pink Floyd an 80s artist as well.

--------------------

All in all it was just another brick in the wall,
all in all you were just another brick in the wall.

Posts: 248 | From: USAFA, CO | Registered: Jul 2002  |  Logged: 198.81.16.39
Taehun

Dark Jedi

Member # 290

posted 10-01-2002 12:14 AM     Profile for Taehun   Author's Homepage   Email Taehun     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Somewhat on the lines of this topic...

You know you lived in the 80s if:

·You know what "Sike" means.
·You know the profound meaning of "Wax on, Wax off."
·You know who Mr. T is.
·You once wore fluorescent clothing.
·You believed that "By the power of Greyskull," you HAD the power!
·Partying "like it's 1999" seemed SO far away.
·You knew that knowing was half the battle.
·You can remember Michael Jackson when he was black.
·You remember the Garbage Pail Kids, and owned some.
·You remember when ATARI was a state of the art video game system.
·You carried your lunch to school in a Gremlins, A-Team, Knight Rider, or Dukes of Hazzard lunchbox.
·You know what leg warmers are.
·Girls wore biker shorts underneath a short skirt and felt stylish.
·You wore your Izod shirt with the collar up.
·You remember when Happy Meals came in a box, not a paper bag.
·You recorded songs off the radio with your boom box.
·You had to get off the couch to change the channel.
·You know that another name for a keyboard is a "synthesizer."
·You actually thought Dirty Dancing was a REALLY good movie.
·You know who Max Headroom is.

--------------------

All in all it was just another brick in the wall,
all in all you were just another brick in the wall.

Posts: 248 | From: USAFA, CO | Registered: Jul 2002  |  Logged: 198.81.26.170
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 10-01-2002 12:51 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"We will, we will ROCK YOU!!"

QUEEN!!!

Oh yeah, and I love Chicago and Eagles, too.

But then, let's take her on back earlier yet:
Simon & Garfunkle; CCR; Blood, Sweat n' Tears; oh yeah... and Who, don't forget Who.

[ 10-01-2002 12:59 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3908 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199
Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 10-01-2002 12:56 AM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Weeeeeeeeee are the champions, my friends...

(DA, DA, DA, DA...)

And weeeeeeeeee'll keep on fightin' til the end....

(DA, DA, DA, DA...)

We are the champions, we are the champions....

No time for losers cause we are the champions...

(DA, DA)

Of the world!!!!!!

Queen!

[ 10-01-2002 12:57 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Mara1Jade ]

--------------------

Small minds think in small terms!
~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 980 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 65.80.105.209
Mara1Jade

Member # 68

posted 10-01-2002 12:59 AM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
And Taehun, it is really scary how many of those 80's things I am very familiar with. I think there are about 2 I wasn't as familiar with, but for the most part...

God, I'm getting so old they've got the "You know you were" lists out for people my age now...

--------------------

~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 980 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 65.80.105.209
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 10-01-2002 11:48 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
*listening to Knight Rider theme*

Come on... Dirty Dancing was for girls... and Happy Meals were served in boxes for most of the 90's, if I remember correctly...

And btw, who in the world was Mr. T??

*Insert Sike here*

I wont even go near the garbage pail kid statement... I didn't want them, like, it was totally my sister's idea, for sure...

[ 10-01-2002 02:07 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Loban ]

--------------------

In the absence of light, darkness prevails

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 63.240.154.102
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 10-01-2002 07:31 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
man, i pitty the fool who doesnt know who Mr. T is... i mean jeez, aint ya never watched the A-team, or was it "a-squad" ? i dont remember now, been a long time, and i was just a kid...

Mr. T is the coolest guy *wishes he could be a big burly black dude with tons of gold, and the saying "I pitty the fool"*

--------------------

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.136
Rathal

Member # 220

posted 10-01-2002 07:39 PM     Profile for Rathal   Author's Homepage   Email Rathal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
*does freddy mercury impression* Another one bites the dust... *everyone runs away*

Anyway, I like Queen, Gun 'n' Roses, and a couple of Eagles songs (Hotel california being at the top of my list), I also like talking heads, AC/DC, some run dmc.

--------------------

My Characters: Rathal, Narcolm, Freedon Naad

"You'll never see the end of the road while your traveling with me."

Posts: 127 | From: NYC | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
arogers1102

Super Saiyan Jedi

Member # 422

posted 02-08-2003 01:31 PM     Profile for arogers1102   Author's Homepage   Email arogers1102     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
<font color="Red">Looks like it's been a while since anyone has posted a reply to this... I am a HUGE 80's music fan!!! The best song to come out of the 80's is "Take On Me" by AH-HA. Later redone by A-1 (poorly, I might add). That list of 80's stuff... I know it all... I also remember that George Michael was one of the FRONT MEN for WHAM! But I stopped liking George Michael when his Earrings got bigger than my MOM's. Best Movie to come out of the 80's RETURN OF THE JEDI!!! *what a no brainer* Has anyone seen the A-Team reruns on TNN??? What a crew, Face, Hanibal, (Howling Mad) Murdock, and of course Mr.T himself B.A. Barakus. And to anyone who doesn't know... Max Headroom is the Computer generated head that s..s...ss....stutters alott..tt..tt. *lol*</font>

[ 02-08-2003 01:32 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by arogers1102 ]

--------------------

o{///////0//)={#################################
Which STAR WARS character does GOKU remind you of in my avatar picture???
Anybody picture LUKE in the BACTA tank???

Posts: 105 | From: New Brunswick (eastern CANADA) | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 24.231.28.200
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 02-16-2003 02:54 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A Tribe Called Quest
Rakim

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 03-30-2003 01:01 AM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
De la Soul

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 03-31-2003 09:31 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey were Abba and Village People late 70s or 80? I don't know, but whenever they were I like 'em, heh.

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3908 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
Mara1Jade

Member # 68

posted 04-01-2003 11:10 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OOPS I just realized I posted as an RP character instead of myself...

I think Abba is 80s, but Village People may be 70s...

Y M C A

It's fun to stay at the

Y M C A...

--------------------

Posts: 980 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 66.20.157.143
Dash Kelderon

On the Road to Redemption

Member # 427

posted 04-04-2003 05:55 AM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You are a Dancing Queen. Young and sweet. Only seven-teen.

You can dance, you can JIVE. Having the time of your LIFE!!! OO-OOO see that girl, watch that scene. She is the dancing queen!

--------------------

Those 2 guys may be IDIOTS... but they think the same way I do!

Posts: 655 | From: M.I,A | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 63.88.67.230

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05