my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Our Galaxy.......   » Beyond Star Wars   » Favorite Drama (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Favorite Drama
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 09-16-2002 10:34 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No one said you couldn't be silly. Be silly all you want. But a lot of people tend to lose their sense of maturity, and the silliness gets downright annoying. And the problem with the internet is someone may be having a bad day, and you act silly, they misinterpret it, and everything blows to hell.

Be silly, but show restraint.

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 12.220.189.75
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 09-16-2002 10:38 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If ya want silly post wit me and loban in one of our threads we do... now WE GET SILLY!

--------------------

"Insert Snappy quote here"

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.144
Jamel Garth

LumbiaSith
Member # 336

posted 09-16-2002 10:42 PM     Profile for Jamel Garth   Author's Homepage   Email Jamel Garth     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yah very true, but I've been to many forums and hung out at many chats, so I know a bit out the forum concept of internet. Not alot of course as the internet is wide in personality, but of course you must show some sense of laughter. I haven't once seen Mara1Jade and only a few times seen you and Graysith attempt to lighten up the atomsphere. Im not attempting or delibertly being rude, Im only placing the opinion on the plate so you can eat it.

I like this place very much, but you guy ssometimes act as if the people who are writing this up aren't teenagers. I speak for myself, and maybe for the other teenagers that have joined this board-we just wanna have fun. Maybe maturity isn't always going to make a good time. Restraint on actions is a must, but it'd be nice to see all of you bust up and laugh over something-which I haven't seen anyone of you ever do on the boards, but a few times on aim..

--------------------

"The Castle in the Sky.."-Jamel Garth

Posts: 117 | From: Somewhere in the Galaxy | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 09-16-2002 10:49 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
We used to all the time, check out some really old threads. The thing that made us more stiff is you new folks comming in and ignoring the rules (I won't name names). We felt the rules were simple, but then we had to say something to those of you who chose to ignore them. Time after time we've had to intervene, and now we're tired of you all

j/k

We've just had to say something to most of you and it leads us to not want to mess with you anymore because you've already reached the annoyance limit. And it's important to remember, I hold grudges moreso than GS and Mara, so expect them to joke around with you way before I do. It's hard to joke around with someone who you have to contantly say something to about some rule he or she is breaking.

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 12.220.189.75
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 09-16-2002 11:31 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
*walks in... then slowly backs out, making sure no one saw him...*

Did I start that thread about movies?

[ 09-16-2002 11:33 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Loban ]

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 66.156.194.189
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 09-16-2002 11:42 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ummm, id just like to say, that RP is indeed meant to be fun, but its meant to play a character as that character would be played...you said that it is forgotten that a lot of teenagers post on the boards. Im 16, and i manage a high amount of maturity for the most part, i am in fact, a bit disgruntled when people such as yourself refer to "teenagers" as if they were immature... as for laughing and such, i hear mara and graysith "laugh" all the time when im chatting with them... *shrug* maybe im just a dreamer, or an idiot. *chuckle* anyway... *points a finger at loban* indeed loban it is your fault! DONT TRY TO HIDE! *laughs evily as loban explodes in front of him*

--------------------

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.144
Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 09-16-2002 11:54 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
*wonders why she is being talked about in a thread about Drama*

And yes. It is Loban's fault. Alllll his fault. It's all these damn movie threads he's been starting! You can run, but you cannot hide! We know that you are out there, and I know where you live.

*snickers*

Seriously though Lumbia (why don't you pick a name and just stick with it already!?) you need to stop judging folks. Doesn't make them like you very much. If you have a problem with me, PM me.

--------------------

Small minds think in small terms!
~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 66.20.157.94
Jamel Garth

LumbiaSith
Member # 336

posted 09-17-2002 12:55 AM     Profile for Jamel Garth   Author's Homepage   Email Jamel Garth     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Drama which comes out on top would be A Beauitful Mind...

--------------------

Posts: 117 | From: Somewhere in the Galaxy | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 09-17-2002 10:26 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
not to get into it here, but i have to ask, why is it you stoped posting with lumbia?

--------------------

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.72.58
Jamel Garth

LumbiaSith
Member # 336

posted 09-18-2002 12:25 AM     Profile for Jamel Garth   Author's Homepage   Email Jamel Garth     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Because I think Jamel Garth is simply better because I got the tight picture on it, and Lumbia isn't even my key character out of the role playing ones I have. So I just aimed toward this one because it holds everything Lumbia account doesn't. So oooooh, lol j/k

--------------------

Taehun

Dark Jedi

Member # 290

posted 09-18-2002 12:25 AM     Profile for Taehun   Author's Homepage   Email Taehun     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This may now actually be off topic, but it relates to the original topic.

The Wonder Years...it's not really a comedy, so I guess it can be considered a drama. That was absolutely the best show of all time, IMHO. Even the way it ended...

(Kevin voice over) - ...So, Winnie went to study in France. When she came back, I met her at the airport.

...with my wife and kids.

That had to be the best ending to a TV series ever!

--------------------

All in all it was just another brick in the wall,
all in all you were just another brick in the wall.

Posts: 248 | From: USAFA, CO | Registered: Jul 2002  |  Logged: 198.81.18.188
Jamel Garth

LumbiaSith
Member # 336

posted 09-18-2002 12:28 AM     Profile for Jamel Garth   Author's Homepage   Email Jamel Garth     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I dont think the Wonder Years could even be considered a drama..I dont know what it is..

Beauitful Mind is probably the best..

OR!!!

Soul Food, now that was a good movie...

[ 09-18-2002 12:28 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Jamel Garth ]

--------------------

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-29-2002 05:14 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok, Jemel, this one's for you:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! *ROTFL* Can't STAND it any longer, this thread has just gotten TOO TOO SILLY!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

OK, *whew* now that that's over: a relatively little-known movie (the kind they run as a preview on the biggie movie rentals) was "Albino Alligator." Now THAT was an awesome and gripping drama, I'd give it more than two thumb's up but I ran out of hands.

Oh yes, and how about, "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?" As well as "The Birds," by Alfred Hitchcock, although perhaps that last one would be more suspense than drama. I'm not certain where the line between the two is actually drawn.

Any ideas, anyone?

[ 09-29-2002 05:14 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 10-01-2002 02:39 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wait a tick...

There aint enough room on these here boards for more than one joker...

I concede to Graysith...

--------------------

In the absence of light, darkness prevails

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 63.240.154.102

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05