my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Our Galaxy.......   » Beyond Star Wars   » Favorite Horror

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Favorite Horror
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 09-09-2002 11:18 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok, we know there are too many movies to pick from, so... what is your favorite Horror?
Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.163.115
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-11-2002 12:04 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Simply for the reason that they were so unsettling rather than being outright bloody and so on, I'll go for Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds" and then the original "Halloween." Those two had me going around looking over my shoulder.

"Hellraiser" was shivery, too....

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 09-11-2002 02:13 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mine would be... hmmmm, The Stand... anything Stephen King...
Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.163.115
BobPalpatine

Foo Fighter

Member # 17

posted 09-11-2002 04:21 PM     Profile for BobPalpatine   Author's Homepage   Email BobPalpatine     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I consider The Stand more of a drama then a horror flick. Although, it is the best of any Stephen King movie, mainly because it sticks so well to the book.

I would have to say The Omen or The Exorcist are my favorites. I can still watch em today and get freaked out.

--------------------

"Can't you hear my motored heart? Your the one that started it!"

-Foo Fighters "Generator"

Cogito ergo sum

BobPalpatine
Holonet Admin

Posts: 681 | From: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  Logged: 204.184.54.134
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-11-2002 04:33 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OOOOH... I watched "The Others" last night. And while it was very much like "Sixth Sense," as far as suspense goes it was way better and positively creepy.

GREAT FLICK.

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 09-11-2002 08:29 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
DUH!!

Fifth Element... errrr, I mean the other Willis number flick... ah, yes... Sixth Sense...

That was even better than The Stand, for suspense...

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05