my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Our Galaxy.......   » Beyond Star Wars   » Best Opening?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Best Opening?
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-24-2002 01:24 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What movie has the best opening of all time, non-star wars...
Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 66.156.195.99
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 08-24-2002 12:22 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ummm.... i donno, I kinda liked the way "The ONE" started. that movie was kick @$$ all the way through though, so, ya.

--------------------

"Insert Snappy quote here"

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.58
TheKnot

Member # 213

posted 08-24-2002 02:43 PM     Profile for TheKnot   Author's Homepage   Email TheKnot     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have to say LOTR: FOTR. I mean, COME ON! That huge, kick-ass battle scene? And the way Sauron smashed his way through those armies? And how the Ring was cut from his finger? Absolutely amazing...

--------------------

Take President 'Dubya' Bush and cut him in two. On the left side, there will be nothing right and on the right side, there will be nothing left.

Posts: 204 | From: Maryland | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 68.50.185.134
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 08-24-2002 03:44 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i havnt seen LOTR yet so i have to stick with "The ONE", i mean, how can you get better then seeing this prisaner walking down the hall, in full armor, and then as a knife fly's through and hits the armor, he spins around and puts a dent in the cell bars with his foot! and then after that you see him try to kill the other him! and there both moving all fast...and of course..the music, its all tied in with kick @$$ songs... i just love that movie...

--------------------

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.30
Taehun

Dark Jedi

Member # 290

posted 08-24-2002 05:07 PM     Profile for Taehun   Author's Homepage   Email Taehun     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Matrix

'nuff said

--------------------

All in all it was just another brick in the wall,
all in all you were just another brick in the wall.

Posts: 248 | From: USAFA, CO | Registered: Jul 2002  |  Logged: 198.81.16.29
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-24-2002 06:12 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nope, nope: MIB I.

C'mon, think about it. That lil ol green dragonfly dude flying all over the place, narrowly missing this vehicle and that before finalizing itself as bug-splat....

Seriously though, one of the scariest opening sequences was "Jaws," I think. The way that girl first got "bumped," then taken by the shark. No blood, guts n' gore, but the way she got yanked under and then thrashed around left more than enough for the imagination to deal with. Because although I couldn't SEE all of what was happening, I KNEW what was happening. The mind can conjure up better things than Hollywood; this to me then was the most frightening and unsettling movie opener I've ever seen.

[ 08-24-2002 06:18 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.207.182
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-24-2002 10:45 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
heh, 'The One' was a good movie... and just think, he was a prisoner when Gore was president... and the guard when Bush was...
Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 66.156.195.99
Anubis Randis

Broken Back Button

Member # 329

posted 08-28-2002 12:17 AM     Profile for Anubis Randis   Author's Homepage   Email Anubis Randis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I dont know about best opening, but "The One" had the best ending too. I liked that when he was fighting all those people..

--------------------

"Intelligents over wealth"

Posts: 6 | From: Irkzen | Registered: Aug 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 08-28-2002 12:57 AM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
heh, i love the scene where he's running and he picks up the two motercycles, and bashes them together, then jumps and kicks both the riders
good stuff...

and the scen where the *good* him just got hom, and was doing all the Tai-chi, which reveals for the first time, that they are completly oposite, as he is smooth and subtle, and the other guy is stronge, and forcive...good stuff...good good stuff

--------------------

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.51.34
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-28-2002 01:12 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Heh, mayhaps we should switch the topic to 'The One'? hmmmm...

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05