my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Our Galaxy.......   » Beyond Star Wars   » Funniest man alive?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Funniest man alive?
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-17-2002 09:57 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Who is the funniest man alive? I shall wait to tell you mine, if I did tell you, you wouldn't argue...
Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.47.124
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 08-17-2002 10:08 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
..Well me of course. Dont look at me like that, you know it is true...

But actually I dont think you can compare two different comedies. Like Eddy Murphy, Chris Tucker, Martain Lawarence to Micheal Myers, Jim Carrey, Chris Farley, and the Wayne Brothers. They have different comedic roles, and all at the magnitude of greatness-yet you cant compare them. Why may you ask? Well for the simple fact that their is no funny man..They all fall funny to a certain crowd, and not to another. Its just in the conception of a person.

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 08-17-2002 10:24 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Lumbia, sorry to tell ya, but Farley is dead.

I'd say the funniest man alive would have to be Robin Williams.

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 12.220.189.75
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-17-2002 10:33 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh... there are more genres of comedy, other than stupid stupid puns!? I did not know that... having said this... Jim Carrey was once the funniest man alive, until 97... has he had a funny movie since!?(Me Myself and Irene is not funny, sorry...) anyway, where was I? oh, yeah... the funniest man alive is... drum roll please... well no drum roll, ok, lets just get to it... its Mike Myers, he is so funny in 'So I Married an Axe Murderer' I can't understand why he hasn't done any other comedies since then... this post was way too long, and I should have edited it... but... and me saying that I should have edited it has made it even longer... and me saying tha.... oh dear, my eyes have gone crossed-eyed...
Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.47.124
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 08-17-2002 11:27 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You're right Loban, he is the funniest man alive...

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 12.220.189.75
TheKnot

Member # 213

posted 08-17-2002 11:43 PM     Profile for TheKnot   Author's Homepage   Email TheKnot     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
George Carlin. Listen to this man for one hour, and he will make you laugh and get angry at the government at the same time.

--------------------

Take President 'Dubya' Bush and cut him in two. On the left side, there will be nothing right and on the right side, there will be nothing left.

Posts: 204 | From: Maryland | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 68.50.185.134
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 08-18-2002 12:01 AM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Your all lairs, in denail of the truth. You know, and I know-that I am the funniest man alive. Mike Myers couldn't compete iwth my idioticy, and foolishness. When it comes down to it, Mike Myers can not even compete with Jackass which is one of the funniest things I've ever seen in the world..
Advertisement: They will be releasing their movie soner or later, when you'll see the incredible Jackass once again on screen..

Anyways, I know Im the best, and all of you can bow now.. lol

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 08-18-2002 12:01 AM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes, i too believe our good friend Mike is the best... the song still rings clearly in my ears
"WOMAN! woooooo-man..." actauly, the song doesnt ring clear, thats all i can remember, but i still remember it was a damn funny movie...

that and all the austin powers were good, and SNL is only really funny when he's in it... and for course....

"WAYNES WORLD, WAYNES WORLD! ITS EXELENT. WAYNES WORLD, PARTY ON!" hehe, i have to say, when those to crasy kids get together, it really is special...i would have to say dana carvy is the second funnest man...

and as for lumbia, well, Idoicy, yes, i totaly agree...funny? you got somethign to learn about funny...
The truth is, im the funniest man alive, well, the 10 funnest man alive... the list goes!

1: mike
2: dana
3/4:wayns bro's
5:martin
6:bill murry
7:Keono reevs(cant spell the name) before he did matrix...im thinking of course of "bill and teds exelent advanture"
8:jim carey
9: Drew carey
10: Me, and i know, you all havnt seen me in comedy mode, so you dont know how funny i am, but i really have a few good gags up my sleeves

[ 08-18-2002 12:07 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Entaris ]

--------------------

"Insert Snappy quote here"

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.72.226
BobPalpatine

Foo Fighter

Member # 17

posted 08-18-2002 01:29 AM     Profile for BobPalpatine   Author's Homepage   Email BobPalpatine     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think Stephen Lynch is one of the funniest men alive, either him or Bill Engvall. Although I am basing this on stand-up comedy.

Will Ferrell has to be one of the funniest men around right now too. That guy can play so many roles too.

George Carlin is right up there too.

--------------------

"Can't you hear my motored heart? Your the one that started it!"

-Foo Fighters "Generator"

Cogito ergo sum

BobPalpatine
Holonet Admin

Posts: 681 | From: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  Logged: 204.184.55.3
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-18-2002 09:27 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok, so... It looks like Mike Myers is the funniest man alive... so, the question is... which is funniest character? SNL included...
Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 66.156.195.99
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 08-18-2002 10:42 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fat Bastard or Doctor Evil are my favorite.

--------------------

Support Progress

Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 08-18-2002 10:56 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
heh, his "dad" in "so i married an ax murderer"

*say's in a scottish accent*"oh how i hated the colonal...with his weee...BEETY EYES! and his smug grin...'oowww...your going to by my chicken ooowww!!"

--------------------

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.133
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-18-2002 10:58 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
HEAD, BEER, NOW...

Ah, so I married an axe murder, priceless...

I would have to say my favorite character would have to be the owner of every thing scottish... from snl, if it isn't scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

[ 08-18-2002 10:59 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Loban ]

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 66.156.195.99
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-18-2002 11:41 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wil Smith, Jim Carey, and the entire "Whose Line Is It Anyway?" crew....

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.199.179
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 08-18-2002 11:46 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yah, and those people that said Da Bears on Saturday Night Live, and anything that came from Comic View, and stuff like that

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 08-19-2002 12:09 AM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"tonight he'll cry himself tosleep on his massive pilla" hehe, SNL

"I got scottie dogs, in thre' siz'z, wee...not so wee...and FRIGGIN HUGE!"

who's line is it anyway, is great... especialy colin mockery, Greg...somethign or another...and Rian styles... those three are my fav... forgot about them in my list, they all top me... hehe
gotta love "world worst" and "superhero" things..those are great..

[ 08-19-2002 12:12 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Entaris ]

--------------------

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.133
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 08-19-2002 12:21 AM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
But I still believe Jackass is best show ever made for funny stuff. Tom Green is funny too

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 08-19-2002 02:11 AM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
those are funny, but thats idiotic humor, i like either a straight joke, or an intellegence gag...if a comedian can incorperate something that takes actauly knowledge to understand, it makes it a little more funny...specialy when you watch your older sister staring blank eyed at the screan while your laughin your arse off...hehe... but then again, i tend to jump at any chance to show my intellegence... so ya..

heres some comedy...

"man, i remember when i was a little kid, we used to have action figures, we had BATMAN, batman was literaly indistructable, just a peice of plastic shaped to look human... When we played with batman we'd be like "LOOK! batman got hit by a nuclear explosion" and hurl batman into a tree, he would fall, and a huge boulder would fall on him, take you and all your friends half an hour to get him out from under it. we could take an AK-47 to batman, and what happened? after 5 magazines and a few rocks batman had a scratch...wait..no, just a scuff, wiped off fine! Now, i see little kids playin with power-rangers, and there like, "look, the badguy turned on the light" and the thing falls to piecies, "momy, i need a new toy..." "what! i just spent 30 bucks on that 5 minuts ago! its not even outa the plastic box yet!" 'sorry' but when we had batman, it was like "1000 years later, "hey, mom, batmans ear got bent..." "well, what do you expect, we paid $1 for it..."

hmm...it doesnt pack the same punch when not in person...

[ 08-19-2002 02:12 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Entaris ]

--------------------

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.73
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-19-2002 02:15 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LOTHAR, OF THE HILL PEOPLE... LOTHAR, OF THE HILL PEOPLE... Hello, I am Lothar, of the hill people... we hate women, yodayodayoda... I can tell by the position of the sun, it is time to say good-bye... I am Lothar, of the hill people... LOTHAR, OF THE HILL PEOPLE... LOTHAR, OF THE HILL PEOPLE...
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 08-19-2002 02:18 AM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
heheheehahahaha....*chuckle*

"GREETINGS! they call me billivanjimbobvilliaborobertimalonofaracalnif"....."or just Pety for short..." *looks around* "what?"

--------------------

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.73
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-19-2002 02:19 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm batman... no, not really... I can't back that up... my name's steve mother trukin... pollycronopolis... Adam Sandler is a funny dude too... you can do it... you can do it all night long...

[ 08-19-2002 02:23 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Loban ]

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05